Prospect Watch: Kevin King, CB/FS, Washington

Estro

This kid had what I consider the most impressive combine:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/kevin-king

You assume a tall corner like this will either be not fast or have poor change of direction, but the opposite is true with King. He had one of the best 3 cone drills (I think only Christian McCaffrey did better) and he had the best 20 yard shuttle of any player at any position. He also had a fast 40. I say this all, to basically say this kid can move vertically and horizontally & at 6'3" with long arms and big hands (and good ball skills) I think he's going to be special in the NFL. I'd like his highlight reel to do some talking:

Teammates, Sidney Jones and Budda Baker get more attention than King, but, IMO, I like his fit better on this team. McDermott values versatility aand intangibles and in this new D, which runs a lot of zone D I think King can play CB and/or S. I also think he will be available when we pick in the 2nd round. I love the idea of picking up Corey Davis in round 1 and coming back with King in the 2nd round.

My favorite scenario would be a trade down to around #20, where we can pick up an additional 2nd round pick. With those 3 picks: 1- DeShaun Watson (keep trying to find that guy), 2- Zay Jones, WR (check out his combine #'s), 2- Kevin King

What do you guys think of King, tho? I'm surprised he isn't getting more hype, I really don't see him lasting past the top 60 picks.

There's a whole lot of "should be" with King.

I want to like him more than I do, which isn't to say that I don't like him, but rather that I think he's more of a R3 cover guy in a top-10 corner's body.

He's a good fit as a zone corner with his length and ball skills, but he seems limited to certain coverage techniques (he plays a TON of bail and very little jam/trail/etc). He's also not aggressive enough.

Someone's going to take him in the top 50 IMO, but I'd rather have Houston's Howard Wilson despite the lack of straight line speed