Today I Learned....PartII

I have always had trouble sleeping and it has always been worse when I am working day shift. My wife has modified bedroom with blackout curtains and some sort of bulged fabric at edges of doors so light does not come in. It is so bad I have had to put covers over various lights on devices like TV and cable boxes.

Currently I work swing shift which is great EXCEPT on Saturday when I need to work a 12 hour shift and need to go in at 9 am rather than 5 pm. This really messes me up but with current contract there is nothing we can do since we need to cover 5 pm to 9 am weekdays and all weekend. This sometime wipes me out on Sunday and I do not do much other than listen to game since I am too tired to drive.

My wife on the other hand violates all rules about sleeping - electronics, watching tv (she actually falls asleep watching tv), etc and he almost never has issue sleeping except when my snoring wakes her up.

No prob with light for me... Sleep in blinding sun if needed. I have been using "twilight" on my phone... As I am doing right now... I do notice the amazing difference say when I pause it to make a screenshot!

I think the 12 hours are better. I work that all the time now. 6-1800 & 1800-6.

I eat whatever I want now that I am maintaining my lighter weight. Just don't eat (anything major... Within reason) on shift. I lost 100 pounds. I am sleeping normal hours most of the time now... And through the morning which is my naturally best time to sleep. Up to about noon or so.

For the first 23 years or so. I was 8 hour days. 8-1600, 1600-2400, 2400-8. I was packing pounds on and eating all the time! Sleep, eat, work, sleep, eat, work... Heck, I'd eat while I was half a sleep! And when that happens you make weak, poor food choices!

The good solid morning sleep (only working 3 days a week) make me feel 30 years younger.

All about timing and sleep! My body responds well sleeping through the morning... Even when I am on nights, I get home around 0600 and it is still dark at certain times of the year... Bam right to sleep! Like I have not missed a beat!

Work changed these hours because we all agreed an 8 hour swing changing every week was killing us.

I was just looking @ pictures of my children and me from 10 years ago, @ 39... I can't believe how fat my face and neck were!

the eyes are the last thing I'm looking at.

most times it's why the :censored: do they need the ( o ) ( o ) to be that large!!!!

CBF

Because their lifestyle is not sustainable.

We met a lady in SF back in 2005 (Bills @ OAK game)... She worked w/ex-NFLers to get them on the right track. Let's just say, their lives are a mess when they have to hang them up. The lifestyle comes to a screeching halt. First thing is the chick, wife takes a big chunk off the dude and ditches his lame, broken azz.

Really sad stories. Big winners, even BIGGER losers. No Win-Win for many.

Not passing judgement either way, but most humans in general make poor choices!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Because their lifestyle is not sustainable.

We met a lady in SF back in 2005 (Bills @ OAK game)... She worked w/ex-NFLers to get them on the right track. Let's just say, their lives are a mess when they have to hang them up. The lifestyle comes to a screeching halt. First thing is the chick, wife takes a big chunk off the dude and ditches his lame, broken azz.

Really sad stories. Big winners, even BIGGER losers. No Win-Win for many.

Not passing judgement either way, but most humans in general make poor choices!

Can you imagine going the last 40 years of your life realizing you blew through $5,000,000 handed to you in 2 years?

Can you imagine going the last 40 years of your life realizing you blew through $5,000,000 handed to you in 2 years?

Yes. It's probably pretty easy once you started living the lifestyle and have multiple others to take care of legally. That's the issue. Lack of monogamy. Spraying the seed all over the place.

They don't know the true value of that 5 mill like say you and I do. That's where the disco (disconnect, so remember that) is.