Today I Learned....PartII

Interesting. I'm Irish with brown hair and blue eyes. In college I had a beard that came in red! Scruffy and a ridiculous RED. Really ridiculous looking! My wife is Lebanese, and our kids look NOTHING like me. If the oldest needed a haircut you'd be nervous if he came onto your plane. He has a son and the mother is half Native American Indian, and looks 100%. Jet black hair, dark complexion. Their son? Light brown/reddish hair with blue eyes and he's a lefty. Looks NOTHING like his parents, but people put the two of us together at first glance. Weird stuff. Go figure....

I see milkman still delivers in your area.

Interesting. I'm Irish with brown hair and blue eyes. In college I had a beard that came in red! Scruffy and a ridiculous RED. Really ridiculous looking! My wife is Lebanese, and our kids look NOTHING like me. If the oldest needed a haircut you'd be nervous if he came onto your plane. He has a son and the mother is half Native American Indian, and looks 100%. Jet black hair, dark complexion. Their son? Light brown/reddish hair with blue eyes and he's a lefty. Looks NOTHING like his parents, but people put the two of us together at first glance. Weird stuff. Go figure....

How did the red hold up? As you aged, did it gray?

I have jet black hair and thick, full beard, younger it was red on chin, now that red is graying. Sorta pass Middle-Eastern, had a Kuwaiti friend tell me that years ago.

100% Polish-German ancestry from what it appears, 2nd and 3rd generation on respective sides. Mother was first generation Polish-American and she had olive skin, black hair. Go out in sun and she would tan dark... Looked Sicilian... Rest of us pale as a ghost and burnable! LoL... Our grandmother NOT telling us everything? LoL...

As a little kid... My father nicknamed me "Chico" because I had the Freddy Prinze thing working with the dark, thick hair.

Maybe he never ran for president because he had too many skeletons in his closet.

He offended the French as ambassador. He was hitting on the wives of dignitaries. He was kicked out of country, you know how? Transported by litter from Paris to the coast! LMAO... That sure would have been a sight. Good old Funky Ben Wayne Gacy Franklin!

Some skeletons, crazy skeletons! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I was reading somewhere that males are really not geared for getting up early in the morning till they are in their 50s or later. I believe it! ;-) I can do it, get up for 0600... But I hate. I love 1800-0600, I can sleep all morning long and naturally wake up @ 1100-Noon or beyond no matter how little sleep I get. And... Feel rested. Yet, as I get older, I find it easier to get up earlier when I have to work days, like tomorrow getting up @ 04:30.

Here is a related article, will try and find the age thing...

http://elitedaily.com/life/hate-to-wake-up/1368261/

Or they could recommend kids go to bed earlier.

Too simplified.

I know that sounds simple... But it is more complicated than that. Of course I am not an expert, but have worked a swing shift for almost 30 years. It is simply not easy in the early morning for some.

Read the link I posted above. I could go to sleep @ 18:00 & still have trouble getting up @ 06:00. Something about that early morning deep sleep/R.E.M.??? The link above addressed sound(s). I won't go into about work on slow nights and being able to hear a marine radio call no matter what state I am in! ;-) ;-)

If high school is preparing them for adulthood, then learning to manage on minimal sleep is important.

Changing hours is typical millennium catering BS.

If one's job starts at 8am every day, then one either makes it to work by 8am, or one loses said job. Employers don't change shifts based on sleep patterns.

I was reading somewhere that males are really not geared for getting up early in the morning till they are in their 50s or later. I believe it! ;-) I can do it, get up for 0600... But I hate. I love 1800-0600, I can sleep all morning long and naturally wake up @ 1100-Noon or beyond no matter how little sleep I get. And... Feel rested. Yet, as I get older, I find it easier to get up earlier when I have to work days, like tomorrow getting up @ 04:30.

Here is a related article, will try and find the age thing...

http://elitedaily.com/life/hate-to-wake-up/1368261/

Too simplified.

I know that sounds simple... But it is more complicated than that. Of course I am not an expert, but have worked a swing shift for almost 30 years. It is simply not easy in the early morning for some.

Read the link I posted above. I could go to sleep @ 18:00 & still have trouble getting up @ 06:00. Something about that early morning deep sleep/R.E.M.??? The link above addressed sound(s). I won't go into about work on slow nights and being able to hear a marine radio call no matter what state I am in! ;-) ;-)

I have always had trouble sleeping and it has always been worse when I am working day shift. My wife has modified bedroom with blackout curtains and some sort of bulged fabric at edges of doors so light does not come in. It is so bad I have had to put covers over various lights on devices like TV and cable boxes.

Currently I work swing shift which is great EXCEPT on Saturday when I need to work a 12 hour shift and need to go in at 9 am rather than 5 pm. This really messes me up but with current contract there is nothing we can do since we need to cover 5 pm to 9 am weekdays and all weekend. This sometime wipes me out on Sunday and I do not do much other than listen to game since I am too tired to drive.

My wife on the other hand violates all rules about sleeping - electronics, watching tv (she actually falls asleep watching tv), etc and he almost never has issue sleeping except when my snoring wakes her up.

In college I worked as a sorter for UPS from either 11:00PM to 3:00AM or 3:00AM to 7:00 AM, and it kept shifting. Then there was school. It was very hard at first, but I eventually learned to adapt enough that I could manage it. They paid VERY well.