BREAKING NEWS

He should send John Clayton a Fruitbasket ( pun intended ) for all the undeserving publicity he received over the last few days on ESPN. Meanwhile, the 15-20 RB's rated ahead of him are barely mentioned.

Thanks ESPN for choosing notorious name recognition over substance. See you at the Michael Jackson trial.

He should send John Clayton a Fruitbasket ( pun intended ) for all the undeserving publicity he received over the last few days on ESPN. Meanwhile, the 15-20 RB's rated ahead of him are barely mentioned.

Thanks ESPN for choosing notorious name recognition over substance. See you at the Michael Jackson trial.

256797[/snapback]

Were you called as a witness? Do you think it's okay to sleep in the same bed with little boys? :rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

To his credit, he admitted that he didn't take care of business and that he needs to do better.  He'd better hurry; he's running (slowly?) out of chances.

256801[/snapback]

he's had enough time. it's like he got up off the couch on Valentine's day, dropped the play station controller, and said "sh*t, i got to get ready for the Combine!"

Were you called as a witness?  Do you think it's okay to sleep in the same bed with little boys?  :rolleyes:

256800[/snapback]

Don't ask me, ask Liz Taylor. :) I'm sure ESPN will cover it. They seem less interested in quality sports these days.

he's had enough time. it's like he got up off the couch on Valentine's day, dropped the play station controller, and said "sh*t, i got to get ready for the Combine!"

256804[/snapback]

That's great! I can almost see him doing that.

It would be hilarious if Clarett didn't get drafted or was Mr. Irrelevant. :rolleyes:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Clarett and and being greedy and trying to force your way into the NFL. You reap what you sow.

Damn, the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie is gone. :)

The say there is no such thing as bad publicity and I think that someone will be dumb enough to use one of their picks on the guy.

Clarrett is a sham and even he nows it.

256847[/snapback]

Or, like the Bills w/McGahee, someone will benefit from getting him.

I'm not saying Clarrett will or won't be a good NFL player, but the possibility exists for him to end up either way. To automatically ASSume he'll fail is to ignore the possibility that he'll do well. Personally, I hope he does fail, as he really doesn't seem to appreciate his talents. But, I realize that there's a chance he will be a good player.

It would be hilarious if Clarett didn't get drafted or was Mr. Irrelevant.  :D

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Clarett and and being greedy and trying to force your way into the NFL.  You reap what you sow.

Damn, the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: smilie is gone.  :P

256833[/snapback]

Honestly, I wish they had just let him in so his flameout and failure became a self-fulfilling prophecy and we were spared the year of stories about him. I don't think it sets a good example, but I think that it would have become obvious very quickly that most players that young are not ready for the NFL.

Honestly, I wish they had just let him in so his flameout and failure became a self-fulfilling prophecy and we were spared the year of stories about him.  I don't think it sets a good example, but I think that it would have become obvious very quickly that most players that young are not ready for the NFL.

256892[/snapback]

While I'm not a Clarett fan, I wonder why there is so much dislike for him. As a true freshman, he was the star player of a national championship team. The guy was 18 or 19 years old, and I wonder how many of us would have made mistakes with all the celebrity he received (trust me, I would have). And if was ready for the NFL after a season or 2, let him play. No one should be prevented from making a living. And if he's not enough, he would be gone. The NFL doesn't keep people around if they aren't producing. I just think people make mistakes and it's wrong to not all them to mature and learn. As it is, the guy seriously has damaged his chances and maybe changed his life all together. And I just think it's wrong to root for people to fail. Sorry if I'm being too serious.

While I'm not a Clarett fan, I wonder why there is so much dislike for him.  As a true freshman, he was the star player of a national championship team.  The guy was 18 or 19 years old, and I wonder how many of us would have made mistakes with all the celebrity he received (trust me, I would have). And if was ready for the NFL after a season or 2, let him play.  No one should be prevented from making a living.  And if he's not enough, he would be gone.  The NFL doesn't keep people around if they aren't producing.  I just think people make mistakes and it's wrong to not all them to mature and learn.  As it is, the guy seriously has damaged his chances and maybe changed his life all together.  And I just think it's wrong to root for people to fail.  Sorry if I'm being too serious.

257080[/snapback]

i'm not rooting for him to fail. I do however have a problem that he had $ in his eyeballs. he didn't have to do what he did. That to me was screaming for the big pay day. Even if you get a modest 3rd rounder contract, that's still a big pay day for a "kid".

sorry but I have a problem with greed at any age.

Now, he's one year older and he had allot of time to prepare for a faster 40 and didn't. He's still going to make some $ with some club and this league. But he definitely hurt himself and his greed probably cost him millions.

i'm not rooting for him to fail. I do however have a problem that he had $ in his eyeballs. he didn't have to do what he did. That to me was screaming for the big pay day. Even if you get a modest 3rd rounder contract, that's still a big pay day for a "kid".

sorry but I have a problem with greed at any age.

Now, he's one year older and he had allot of time to prepare for a faster 40 and didn't. He's still going to make some $ with some club and this league. But he definitely hurt himself and his greed probably cost him millions.

257160[/snapback]

I'm sure greed played a part, but wasn't his hand forced? He tried to play the next year at OSU and he ended up off the team. So he tried to challenge the machine, nearly won, and now he is back to square 1. I just know everyone's made mistakes especially at that age and now it seems like his life is forever changed. Supposedly he was in a good shape, training hard, and just is devasted. It just seems like a waste.

I'm sure greed played a part, but wasn't his hand forced?  He tried to play the next year at OSU and he ended up off the team.  So he tried to challenge the machine, nearly won, and now he is back to square 1.  I just know everyone's made mistakes especially at that age and now it seems like his life is forever changed.  Supposedly he was in a good shape, training hard, and just is devasted.  It just seems like a waste.

257242[/snapback]

dude, he will get picked up, possibly in the 2nd or 3rd round. don't feel too bad for him.

While I'm not a Clarett fan, I wonder why there is so much dislike for him.  As a true freshman, he was the star player of a national championship team.  The guy was 18 or 19 years old, and I wonder how many of us would have made mistakes with all the celebrity he received (trust me, I would have). And if was ready for the NFL after a season or 2, let him play.  No one should be prevented from making a living.  And if he's not enough, he would be gone.  The NFL doesn't keep people around if they aren't producing.  I just think people make mistakes and it's wrong to not all them to mature and learn.  As it is, the guy seriously has damaged his chances and maybe changed his life all together.  And I just think it's wrong to root for people to fail.  Sorry if I'm being too serious.

257080[/snapback]

Do I root for the guy to fail? No (unless the Dolphins draft him). But the smart money is on the chance that he will fail. Look, Mike Williams did basically the same thing. But he wasn't a complete jerk about it, and people are still high on him because it seems like he continued to work hard and accepted the ruling for what it was. Clarett drones on and on about how he deserves a shot and then doesn't even look like he has worked for it. Not to mention that he wasn't working in college to begin with, except for on the football field, perhaps.

Like I said, I think he should have been given his shot last year. He would have finally learned something... the hard way. No matter, it will probably go down the same way this year.

I'm sure greed played a part, but wasn't his hand forced?  He tried to play the next year at OSU and he ended up off the team.  So he tried to challenge the machine, nearly won, and now he is back to square 1.  I just know everyone's made mistakes especially at that age and now it seems like his life is forever changed.  Supposedly he was in a good shape, training hard, and just is devasted.  It just seems like a waste.

257242[/snapback]

A mistake is when you overcook your fried eggs. Making fradulant claims to an insurance company and to the police and to continue doing so is premeditated and caculating.

I'm waiting to hear the ever-popular "he was just about to turn his life around" from the apologists anytime soon.