NYPD Blue - Tonights the final episode

It's probably time for the show to go - because it doesn't suck.  It has occasionally lagged over the years, but never for more than a few episodes before it gets back on track.  I'd hate to see it tarnish the legacy they worked so hard to attain.

257088[/snapback]

This, I think, is why I enjoyed the show so much. They didn't let the characters' personal dramas ever get in the way of a good police investigation. Sometimes they would drag from one show to the next, but they never let it get out of hand...and in some cases, for instance when Andy's son Theo was kidnapped...it was quick suspense, anger, resolution...and it just made for great viewing.

Nice to know some people figured out what ruined shows like "Moonlighting" or "Wiseguy."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the finale was a good one. All of the doubt that Andy had about taking command of the 15th could be seen in him throughout the show. Yet, by the end, he was becoming more comfortable and all of the others immediately responded to him as their boss. The scene where he and Bail were talking as Bail was gathering his things from the office was nice, as he tried to counsel Andy as best he could on what it's like to be a boss. I will miss this show, as it has been my Tuesday night staple from episode one.

I thought the episode was pretty good, but disappointing for a final episode. But that may be the way they wanted it to feel. I felt after it was over that I really wanted to see more episodes. Do you understand what I'm saying?

The two new guys, at first I thought they were really out of their element, but by the end of the show they started to fit in. Not very well, but they were.

And the 1 hour recap show before, it could have easily been two hours in my opinion.

And I was surprised to find out that Season 7 was basically written as they shot the episodes.

258521[/snapback]

I wonder how those two new detectives (actors) felt about being introduced on the very last NYPD Blue show ever?!? I guess it's great for the resume but just seems kinda' funny they showed up on the scene for one show only.

I wonder how those two new detectives (actors) felt about being introduced on the very last NYPD Blue show ever?!?  I guess it's great for the resume but just seems kinda' funny they showed up on the scene for one show only.

258560[/snapback]

They probably feel pretty good, knowing the amount of exposure they would receive by being on the last episode.

I'd say they did a good job and stayed true to the show. Basically the premise was "Life Goes On" - which was truly driven home by Greg's short visit to the squad.

I'm glad they left me wanting more. That's a departure from what happens when most shows go off the air.

Thumbs up!

I'd say they did a good job and stayed true to the show.  Basically the premise was "Life Goes On" - which was truly driven home by Greg's short visit to the squad.

I'm glad they left me wanting more.  That's a departure from what happens when most shows go off the air.

Thumbs up!

258685[/snapback]

Good post. Greg's "...when you're gone, you're gone..." line was classic. I like the way it ended also. There's no need to 'wrap up' things, as even though the show was going off the air, the characters weren't retiring or anything like that.

Like a good movie when you walk out of the theatre wishing the movie would have gone on and on......I loved the last scene, everyone said congrats and goodbye which summed up the show...congrats and good-bye...One of the best ever.