NYPD Blue - Tonights the final episode

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's finally going off the air. I guess there's no need for me to watch ABC any more, unless Blind Justice turns out to be good. I'll give it a shot. The replacement show that ran last year in Blue's spot, Line of Fire, was very good, but didn't get the ratings, I guess. Too bad.

Yep, it's finally going off the air.  I guess there's no need for me to watch ABC any more, unless Blind Justice turns out to be good.  I'll give it a shot.  The replacement show that ran last year in Blue's spot, Line of Fire, was very good, but didn't get the ratings, I guess.  Too bad.

256587[/snapback]

The only shows I watch on ABC are Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Alias. Otherwise, there is not much there.

The only shows I watch on ABC are Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Alias. Otherwise, there is not much there.

256594[/snapback]

Alias I may end up watching, as they're now available on DVD, but I have no interest in watching any makeover shows. Too close to reality TV, which I will not watch.

Alias I may end up watching, as they're now available on DVD, but I have no interest in watching any makeover shows.  Too close to reality TV, which I will not watch.

256598[/snapback]

Well, it is nice to finally see something good on TV, which is Home Makeover. They do great work for some very deserving families. Have you watched the show at all? It is not your typical reality-type show. No contects, nobody voted off, etc. It is just people doing good work to help people and give them a step up in the world. Giving money to the kids on the show, for their college education is always touching.

Stop trying to get me to cross over to the Dark Side, Kenneth!

My wife tivo's and tapes the Dog, the Bounty Hunter series on A&E, in the event that I ever do "cross" and begin watching them. I'm tempted, as I've seen a show about him before and it was good, but it would mean crossing the line.

Stop trying to get me to cross over to the Dark Side, Kenneth! 

My wife tivo's and tapes the Dog, the Bounty Hunter series on A&E, in the event that I ever do "cross" and begin watching them.  I'm tempted, as I've seen a show about him before and it was good, but it would mean crossing the line.

256608[/snapback]

You know you want to give in. Come to the Dark Side my friend. :rolleyes:

Seriously, just give it a chance. It is not a Survivor clone like a lot of the stuff today.

My wife has explained to me that the only reality shows worth watching are the ones produced by Mark Burnett, who does Survivor, The Apprentice, and her all-time favorite, The Amazing Race (I think that's what it's called, right?). I could care less. They're all pseudo TV, courtesy of the last actors' strike. Thanks, Hollywood. Or, should I thank the real source of most TV programming, the BBC?

My wife has explained to me that the only reality shows worth watching are the ones produced by Mark Burnett, who does Survivor, The Apprentice, and her all-time favorite, The Amazing Race (I think that's what it's called, right?).  I could care less.  They're all pseudo TV, courtesy of the last actors' strike.  Thanks, Hollywood.  Or, should I thank the real source of most TV programming, the BBC?

256627[/snapback]

Those you mention are "contest" reality shows. Makeover is not a contest as KRC mentioned. Just watch one episode, you'll be bawling like a baby when it's over.

Those you mention are "contest" reality shows. Makeover is not a contest as KRC mentioned. Just watch one episode, you'll be bawling like a baby when it's over.

256632[/snapback]

Alias I may end up watching, as they're now available on DVD, but I have no interest in watching any makeover shows. Too close to reality TV, which I will not watch.

There was no better television than watching an angry Sipowitz smack around a "perp". I loved his intensity. All good things come to an end. Even Sipowitz was mellowing out the last year or two.

There was no better television than watching an angry Sipowitz smack around a "perp".  I loved his intensity.  All good things come to an end.  Even Sipowitz was mellowing out the last year or two.

256667[/snapback]

Yeah, he was great at interrogating people. Later on, he started doing less of that because he was mentoring Sorenson and Clark and Baldwin became the squad's interrogator. He's very good in that role, too.

Yeah, he was great at interrogating people.  Later on, he started doing less of that because he was mentoring Sorenson and Clark and Baldwin became the squad's interrogator.  He's very good in that role, too.

256685[/snapback]

It's really too bad this show has to stop. One of the few things worth watching anymore. (Tell your wife while she's over on A&E to Tivo "Inside the Actor's Studio." It's really a terrific style of interviewing of actors you just don't see very often.)

It's really too bad this show has to stop. One of the few things worth watching anymore.  (Tell your wife while she's over on A&E to Tivo "Inside the Actor's Studio." It's really a terrific style of interviewing of actors you just don't see very often.)

256715[/snapback]

I thought Inside the Actors Studio was on Bravo?

I think I've seen every single episode of NYPD Blue. My wife and I have watched it since it began. What a great show. I'm sad to see it leaving. Hopefully, something else will come along.

Sipowicz is the man!

I think I've seen every single episode of NYPD Blue.  My wife and I have watched it since it began.  What a great show.  I'm sad to see it leaving.  Hopefully, something else will come along.

Sipowicz is the man!

256739[/snapback]

Same here. I'm still patiently waiting for season #3 to be released on DVD.

My guess is the episode will end with Sipowitz taking care of the fish. He always said taking care of the squad was like taking care of the fish.

If you haven't seen it, give Monk on USA at 10pm Fridays a try. He's like Columbo with OCD.