Interesting tidbits from A Lynn combine press conference

He talked a lot about how Rex "let him" do a lot of HC duties. He took over if he "was sick" or "couldn't be there" and Rex delegated a lot to him. He sat in on a lot of meetings with the FO in his place. I'll bet.

He also talked about the kind of offense he wants to run in LA

Lynn: "I want to be balanced...if you have to pass 50 times to win, I'll do it. If you need to run 50 times to win, I'll do it."

Makes you wonder - did he need to run to try to win because of the QB because he had zero balance in his only sample size of running an offense. Top run offense, worst pass offense.

Also said he was not surprised he didn't get the Bills job, which he said before as well.

He said he thinks tyrod is a starter in the league, but wouldn't say whether he thought he was a franchise QB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/02/chargers-coach-anthony-lynn-says-skys-the-limit-for-tyrod-taylor/

Apparently one of quarterback Tyrod Taylors former coaches is quite a fan. On Thursday, Los Angeles Chargers coach and former Buffalo Bills interim coach Anthony Lynn spoke in glowing terms about Taylor at the NFL Combine. According to WKBWs Joe Buscaglia, Lynn was effusive in his praise for his former quarterback.

I think the skys the limit for Tyrod Taylor, Lynn said Thursday. I think hes definitely a starting quarterback in this league. He won a few games with the Bills that we could not have won without him. Working with him 1-on-1, I understand his upside maybe a little better than others.

If Lynn had stayed Tyrod almost surely would have come back. I do wonder what McDermott is thinking.

I hear this stuff and I just wanna puke

Communication problems because he was delegating D off to his brother

Not working as a HC

No wonder he didnt get that extra year

Yeah... It explains the need to fire a .500 coach after just two years and lots of injuries.

His heart was never into the Bills

Sounds like your reading too much into his comments.

Was he specifically asked if Tyrod was a franchise QB? Or did you just add those two cents in at the end?

@salsports

Anthony Lynn: "I think the sky's the limit for Tyrod." Says he's definitely a starting QB in NFL but can't answer if he's a franchise QB.

I'm on the fence a litltle with TT but lean is his directions because of the lack of options.

That said......you could very easily interpret Lynn's comments as glowing or damning....your choice.

Even the Rex comments..."Rex respected his assistants and let them succeed" or "Rex never showed up for work so I did". Your choice.