UB Basketball - Bracketology

duey

Reggie Witherspoon has been a godsend for that program. Signing him to a long term deal after last season was sharp thinking. He raised this team out of the ashes to the top of the Mid American conference. Seems to be an excellent recruiter, from all reports I've read.

The bracketology is fun to look at but let's face it..... If they stumble at Ohio (which is very possible) or at home vs. Akron they will need to win the MAC tourney or forget about the NCAA's. Winning the MAC Tourney will be hardest thing to accomplish. I think if they beat Ohio & Akron, and run the table all the way to the MAC finals and lose...then they might get an at-large.

The bracketology is fun to look at but let's face it..... If they stumble at Ohio (which is very possible) or at home vs. Akron they will need to win the MAC tourney or forget about the NCAA's. 

256530[/snapback]

They have already lost to both of those teams this year. Hopefully, they can pay them back.

Just checked ESPN's Bracketology, and guess who is now in as the #12 seed, playing against Alabama in Tucson.  :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Come on Bulls...get that win at Ohio tomorrow, and then rap it up with a big win on Senior Night against Akron at home on Saturday!

256500[/snapback]

I think the Bulls match up with Alabama. Too bad these aren't the real seeds. Also nice matchup between Boston College and Niagara. BC is sliding big time right now. This would be an awesome chance for the Purple Eagles to open a can of shut-the-f***-up on 'em!

PTR

Wednesday's game at Ohio is huge. If they can go in there and pull out the W, I think this team can run the table in the MAC Tourney. And if they do win out, I think they have a great shot at moving up their Big Dance seeding as well to maybe 9 or 10.

How great would it be to have both Niagara and Buffalo in the tourney? When's the last time we've had two local teams in?

In Addition: Let's hope Kent State picks off Miami (OH) tomorrow as well. If that happened and the Bulls win out, I think they would win the MAC Regular Season Championship, or at least share it.

I think these guys are playing very well right now, and should win the last two regular season games. They should get to Cleveland for the MAC tourney, and then who knows.

Staying on-topic with UB, this was found today from The Sporting News...

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=th...v=tsn&type=lgns

Any type of positive write up about the football program is a good thing these days.

Being a Western Michigan alumni I follow MAC basketball pretty closely. One thing I will say is that Buffalo seems to be peaking at the right time. The MAC is usually a very tightly contested conference so the teams that peak at the end of the year tend to do well in the MAC tourney.

As for a possible at large bid for Buffalo consider it a long shot. For them to have any chance they will need to win the next two, get to the MAC championship game, and make a decent showing. Even if that happens I still consider them a long shot for an at large bid. I don't say that out of disrespect, Buffalo is a very good team and they certainly deserve at large consideration. The problem is the selection committees lack of respect for MAC teams.

Last year Western Michigan went 23-4, and 15-3 during conference play. All year long ESPN gave them an at large birth in their brackentology section. After such a great season you would think they would be a shoe in for an at large bid, well that wasn't the case. Thankfully for me they won the MAC tournament but had they lost just about every analyst had them getting the shaft. Is it fair? Hell no. But that’s just the way the committee views MAC teams.

In any event this years MAC tourney should be very exciting. Parity has taken over the MAC this year even more then usual, and with 4-5 teams standing a chance to get the automatic bid it should make it very interesting.