Report: The Bills reached out to Nick Saban about HC opening

If you want a solution to what ails this clownish organization then make it a priority to find a qb.

John we know this to be true. So does Coach Saban. Remember, in Miami he wanted Drew Brees and was given Dante Culpepper.

You know how much I watch the Tide. Believe me when I tell you that he has legion of great coaches who have completely bought into his system. Marrone came in with a few guys from Syracuse. :) Your comparison is invalid. Saban and Marrone are not on the same planet in terms of coaching ability. And nobody outworks Saban.

You and I go back and forth with hits and misses. This has been the case for years. That said, I promise you that if Saban ever does come to Buffalo, you will be the happiest football fan in the USA in short order. OK, second happiest! ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saban's a perfect college coach and terrible NFL coach. His disciplinary/control methods just don't work with high-priced pros; the college kids only put up with it because they know it will get them to the next level.

I can appreciate your loyalty to the Crimson Tide but your devotion to Great Nick is out of proportion to reality. Saban is a recruiting dynamo and as a coach he is basically a CEO who snorts and sneers along the sidelines. He has trampled his competition down south because he has overwhelming talent. He wins even without much contribution from his qb position because the surrounding talent is so much better than the opposition.

Saban is a great college coach and deserves the accolades he has garnered. As a pro coach he would be out of his element without the ability to dominate people with an abundance of talent. If people got turned off with Marrone's arrogant act multiply that factor by ten if Saban had to be dealt with.

Success in the NFL is very much influenced by the caliber of qb one has. It has little to do with a HC snorting and berating his own coaches on the sidelines in a display of churlish behavior. Nick Saban is where he should be and he should stay there. No thanks to the offer of his services. The Bills have enough troubles to contend with as it is. Starting over to continue to fall back is a tiresome trend to have to deal with again and again.

If you want a solution to what ails this clownish organization then make it a priority to find a qb.

Agree 100%. Look at Bama's recruiting classes, they are always in the top 5. Saban's act would get old quickly in the NFL. There is a story when he accepted the job @ LSU, he sent a plane from Baton Rouge back to E Lansing, telling his assistants they all had jobs and to get on the plane when it touched down. The plane came back empty. Not one assistant wanted to follow the great Nick Saban down to LSU. That speaks volumes about what kind of tyrant Nick Saban is.

Agree 100%. Look at Bama's recruiting classes, they are always in the top 5. Saban's act would get old quickly in the NFL. There is a story when he accepted the job @ LSU, he sent a plane from Baton Rouge back to E Lansing, telling his assistants they all had jobs and to get on the plane when it touched down. The plane came back empty. Not one assistant wanted to follow the great Nick Saban down to LSU. That speaks volumes about what kind of tyrant Nick Saban is.

lol! I never heard that story. I imagine he's tough to work for.

John we know this to be true. So does Coach Saban. Remember, in Miami he wanted Drew Brees and was given Dante Culpepper.

You know how much I watch the Tide. Believe me when I tell you that he has legion of great coaches who have completely bought into his system. Marrone came in with a few guys from Syracuse. :) Your comparison is invalid. Saban and Marrone are not on the same planet in terms of coaching ability. And nobody outworks Saban.

You and I go back and forth with hits and misses. This has been the case for years. That said, I promise you that if Saban ever does come to Buffalo, you will be the happiest football fan in the USA in short order. OK, second happiest! ;)

Bill, I wasn't comparing Marrone to Saban as coaches. What I was saying is that Saban's dour and curt personality would not have much staying power here. And it certainly wouldn't have much appeal to me.

My criticism of a Saban or a Polian solution for this dilapidated franchise is that it is a desperate and futile nostalgic reach to change the fortunes of this embarrassing organization.

If Saban should ever become involved with this organization I would be enraged, almost to the level when Rex was hired. You might be happy with him at the podium in western NY but I wouldn't be. The thought of him at the podium with his smug and condescending attitude would make me walk away. Y'all can count me out on your dream scenario! If you want some Southern Comfort then look for the bitter fluid that comes in a dark bottle.

The man has a coaching tree the size of a redwood. Many of his assistants go on to make millions.

Certainly you don't prefer the parade of loser head coaches we have been subject to, do you?

I have worked for people like Saban. Very unpleasant environment to work in. Do you know what I call those type of people? Priiicks! :pirate:

Bill, I wasn't comparing Marrone to Saban as coaches. What I was saying is that Saban's dour and curt personality would not have much staying power here. And it certainly wouldn't have much appeal to me.

My criticism of a Saban or a Polian solution for this dilapidated franchise is that it is a desperate and futile nostalgic reach to change the fortunes of this embarrassing organization.

If Saban should ever become involved with this organization I would be enraged, almost to the level when Rex was hired. You might be happy with him at the podium in western NY but I wouldn't be. The thought of him at the podium with his smug and condescending attitude would make me walk away. Y'all can count me out on your dream scenario! If you want some Southern Comfort then look for the bitter fluid that comes in a dark bottle.

Well, if our new coach doesn't work, perhaps we can bring back Rex, Gailey or Jauron and sign Whaley to an extension, that is if Nix turns us down. Edited by Bill from NYC

The right answer is probably somewhere in the middle. Saban has displayed an uncanny ability to recruit not only player talent but also coaching talent, with the latter skill more applicable to today's NFL. He would probably assemble a first-rate program. But I agree, in the NFL he'd need a QB.

Saban's a perfect college coach and terrible NFL coach. His disciplinary/control methods just don't work with high-priced pros; the college kids only put up with it because they know it will get them to the next level.

He could be terrible (which he of course is not. He is great) and still be 1000x better than any of the horrid display of coaches that we have been unlucky enough to suffer through.

The man has a coaching tree the size of a redwood. Many of his assistants go on to make millions.

Certainly you don't prefer the parade of loser head coaches we have been subject to, do you?

Well, if our new coach doesn't work, perhaps we can bring back Rex, Gailey or Jauron and sign Whaley to an extension, that is if Nix turns us down.

Bill, You are a creator of nightmares. Since you have spoiled my pleasant dreams I am going to do the same for you. The Bills are going to draft a DB with their first pick in the draft. Payback is a mother! :D

Lots of haters ITT. Saban wins for every reason except his ability to coach and run a football team. Makes perfect sense.

Calipari wins with ringers too.

Jealousy is tough to deal with, no?

Hey remember when he quit the dolphins ? Fun times.

He couldn't field an NFL team w the fins but he will do it w the bills. Lol

Keep fleecing the college kids Nicky.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Lots of haters ITT. Saban wins for every reason except his ability to coach and run a football team. Makes perfect sense.

Leave it to suffering Bills Fans to be wary of one of the greatest football minds in history.

Hey, maybe Marv can come out of retirement and right this ship LOL!!! This apparently would make some folks happier than getting Saban. :)

Calipari wins with ringers too.

Hey remember when he quit the dolphins ? Fun times.

You know, sometimes ringers are willing to take a little less dough to play for a winner. The hatred for Saban here is ridiculous. Name one Bills coach not named Marv Levy who would even be able to be an assistant for a Saban coached team

He could be terrible (which he of course is not. He is great) and still be 1000x better than any of the horrid display of coaches that we have been unlucky enough to suffer through.

Well, at least you're not exaggerating.

Leave it to suffering Bills Fans to be wary of one of the greatest football minds in history.

Hey, maybe Marv can come out of retirement and right this ship LOL!!! This apparently would make some folks happier than getting Saban. :)

Right, everyone pisses and moans about Belichick and how hard he's owned the Bills for what, 15 years now, but the idea of a coach who is as successful at his level is BB is in NFL is terrible because... well im not sure because why exactly but it's very Buffalo Bills fan to think the Bills are a better team without Saban at the helm