Report: The Bills reached out to Nick Saban about HC opening

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry is cheap!

...I wonder if he'll ever come back. If he does it won't be for $$$$ because I'm sure that the boosters will top any thing he's offered. A NCAA scandal might be the only way.

Don't hold your breath on it though. They're pretty good at pushing boundaries and hiding scandals at Bama.

As did every other team with an opening this year. Not surprising but many were wondering if they explored the college ranks

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-every-nfl-team-with-a-coaching-vacancy-reached-out-to-nick-saban/

Mrs. Saban has a huge input into where they live. Coach Saban can coach in virtually any place that he chooses.

He has investments in car dealerships around the south and his daughter and grand kid are there. His lake house in Georgia is unreal and the Sabans are very involved with the church and charity.

I hate to say it but I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility for Saban to coach in the NFL, but it won't be up north. Of course this is speculation on my part.

PS: With Nick Saban as coach, the Bills would go deep into the playoffs in an instant.

Mrs. Saban has a huge input into where they live. Coach Saban can coach in virtually any place that he chooses.

He has investments in car dealerships around the south and his daughter and grand kid are there. His lake house in Georgia is unreal and the Sabans are very involved with the church and charity.

I hate to say it but I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility for Saban to coach in the NFL, but it won't be up north. Of course this is speculation on my part.

PS: With Nick Saban as coach, the Bills would go deep into the playoffs in an instant.

I can appreciate your loyalty to the Crimson Tide but your devotion to Great Nick is out of proportion to reality. Saban is a recruiting dynamo and as a coach he is basically a CEO who snorts and sneers along the sidelines. He has trampled his competition down south because he has overwhelming talent. He wins even without much contribution from his qb position because the surrounding talent is so much better than the opposition.

Saban is a great college coach and deserves the accolades he has garnered. As a pro coach he would be out of his element without the ability to dominate people with an abundance of talent. If people got turned off with Marrone's arrogant act multiply that factor by ten if Saban had to be dealt with.

Success in the NFL is very much influenced by the caliber of qb one has. It has little to do with a HC snorting and berating his own coaches on the sidelines in a display of churlish behavior. Nick Saban is where he should be and he should stay there. No thanks to the offer of his services. The Bills have enough troubles to contend with as it is. Starting over to continue to fall back is a tiresome trend to have to deal with again and again.

If you want a solution to what ails this clownish organization then make it a priority to find a qb.

As they should. And Sabah said no like he should. At this point, he probably doesn't want to fail again at the NFL. Way too much pride.

Makes sense in that it doesn't hurt to ask. I don't think he will return either unless it's to the Pats to replace his BFF.

Why?

Pass on this guy. As Ryan says. He's built to beat up on college teams.