Unintended Leak of Tyrod's Future??

theesir

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He tweeted that Shady needs to slow down if hes going to retire by 30 for a career in TV.

Ha!

A few posters here are going to take this news very hard.

For sure - Whaley should be Fired or Applauded for this!

dealing from a position of strength

#1 - keep TT (he's the sure thing)

#2 - draft a QB at #10 (few will expect bills to take a qb at #10 if they keep TT, no one will trade up in front of us)

#3- in 2018 your in position to trade TT if your drafted QB looks like the real deal

You mean teams wouldn't want to pay 30 mil for the guy listed under Trevor Simien in passing yards ?

Apparently you haven't ready the articles about multiple suitors for Tyrod if he's cut. $30m is irrelevant to the acquiring team, cap hit is what matters, which would be around $15m (if there's no re-structure involved).

Really depends on the scope of the commitment to me. I keep forgetting that we had less than a 1/4 Sammy last year--even when he was out there -- there wasn't the impact or the need for the opponent to game plan to him. That makes the running game success even more amazing.

I am happy for Tyrod ---who seems like a really, really wonderful individual. I just wish we had one or two late game successes against a good team to point to that show me he can win in the clutch.

So the Bills need another receiver, the line needs to show it can zone block, Dennison and Castillo need to adjust play calling to Shady's running style, Culley needs to watch a lot of film with Tyrod and teach him how to pre-snap read a little better and getting his footwork right under pressure and on the run.

It could be worse...but the good news is the coaches think enough of Tyrod to stake their regime start on him.

He left the game vs Miami with the lead and "saved" the season. He played his best game as a Bill in that game. I was hoping he would get another chance to build upon that success. Looks like he will.

Sometimes QBs need to be "developed" and I think he is developing quite nicely.

Lets get a RT and a WR in FA/draft and roll.

Apparently you haven't ready the articles about multiple suitors for Tyrod if he's cut. $30m is irrelevant to the acquiring team, cap hit is what matters, which would be around $15m (if there's no re-structure involved).

Not buying it. He folded like Phil Hellmuth when the stakes were high.

Can't wait to see him play vs a tough schedule. That's gonna be a blast.

Y'all are all very nice people who give 2nd 3rd and 4th chances. Tyrod was done back in 2015 after that 2nd pats game when the ghost of Trent Edwards took over his soul.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Ha, aint that the truth

The issue isn't should he stay. Most agree that he should stay except for the absolutists. The issue is should the organization use a high draft pick on a qb prospect. My position is yes.

Edited by JohnC

Terrence McKelvey is a financial advisor for many NFL Players and does talks for many teams. He just posted this on Twitter and then deleted it a few minutes later...

Guess Who's Staying with Buffalo!! @tyrodTaylor

It had a picture of him with an arm around Tyrod. I have a screen cap, but can't figure out how to post the picture.

2e51994.jpg

I would think that TT is here at least 2 more years now. I don't think that they could squeeze the guaranteed money into 1 year. The Bills will draft someone this year or next year (my guess is next year). TT will either grow into a franchise guy this year, or be competing next year with the intent of someone else in 2019.

Tyrod was the best option for 2017 unless by some miracle Cousins came or Romo came and stayed healthy. TT is WAY better than he gets credit for on here. He isn't perfect but he's a solid NFL starter. It's been almost 20 years since we've had that. The Bills should continue their search for a franchise guy but it's as likely that Tyrod develops into that as it is the guys in the draft. He's still 27 and has 29 starts. He accounts for almost 4 times as many TDs as turnovers. His offense scored a lot. Let's take a deep breath and trust the process.

They needed a 2-3 year bridge because no rookie is going to come in and start, nor is Jones. Taylor is someone that can get you to the playoffs and at least start a winning tradition that will be handed off to "the franchise" when he arrives.

Ha!

For sure - Whaley should be Fired or Applauded for this!

:lol:

Agree. If they couldn't upgrade then no reason to let him walk. They should still draft a guy.

I believe in always fielding the best team you can. As I see it - and apparently as the Bills brain trust sees it - Tyrod is the best option at QB right now.

But while I like Tyrod more than some of his vehement detractors, I don't see him as a franchise QB. It'll be interesting to see if Dennison and company can coach his play up another level.

But I agree that we should still draft a QB.