Browns release WR Andrew Hawkins

PromoTheRobot

Antonio Brown says hello. Hawkins is a slot receiver. There are lots of small, quick slot receivers flourishing at the moment. This isn't 2004 anymore. Hawkins would be a nice addition in that role.

What good is a slot receiver when your QB doesn't throw over the middle?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What good is a slot receiver when your QB doesn't throw over the middle?

You don't like the QB, so you think that they should play worse receivers? That backwards logic is WAY too prevelant here. It's not that complicated; you upgrade everywhere that you can. It is not, and was not, likely that you would be able to upgrade from TT in 2017. You can easily upgrade from Woods, Goodwin and Mills.

Hawkins is 5'7" 180 and Brown 5'10" 181. Hawkins ran a 4.34 and Brown ran 4.47. It's called google.

I'm not saying that Hawkins is the same player but you don't need size in the slot. You need quickness. You were dismissive of that and then didn't have the courtesy to google the numbers before presenting alternative facts.

When I looked up his measurebles it read 5'11, but I digress. So cause they are a ham sandwich apart you draw comparisons to the best WR in the game. Ok, how about the fact that Brown lines up outside more than he does in the slot. We need a solid #2 possession WR. Not a small gadget player.

And btw, 3 inches is Yuuuuuuuge

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

When I looked up his measurebles it read 5'11, but I digress. So cause they are a ham sandwich apart you draw comparisons to the best WR in the game. Ok, how about the fact that Brown lines up outside more than he does in the slot. We need a solid #2 possession WR. Not a small gadget player.

And btw, 3 inches is Yuuuuuuuge

We need both. It's 2017, slot receivers aren't gadget guys. Edelman and Gabriel were in the Super Bowl. Cobb, Landry and Baldwin play out of the slot. OBJ & AB take snaps there. Slot receiver is a need. I agree that boundary receiver is a bigger need but that guy is probably coming in the draft.

You don't like the QB, so you think that they should play worse receivers? That backwards logic is WAY too prevelant here. It's not that complicated; you upgrade everywhere that you can. It is not, and was not, likely that you would be able to upgrade from TT in 2017. You can easily upgrade from Woods, Goodwin and Mills.

Those guys put up the 7th scoring offense. Don't fix what ain't broke.

We need both. It's 2017, slot receivers aren't gadget guys. Edelman and Gabriel were in the Super Bowl. Cobb, Landry and Baldwin play out of the slot. OBJ & AB take snaps there. Slot receiver is a need. I agree that boundary receiver is a bigger need but that guy is probably coming in the draft.

I don't disagree but the guys you're naming are tops in the league and have above average to stellar QB play. Besides Sammy the rest of our corps our WRS3 every where else.

We better resign them then. What if we find an RT worse than Mills? Too risky.

It's WAY easier to upgrade from Mills than Taylor. There are about 24 QBs in the world and he is one of them. That doesn't mean he's perfect but it's not easy to find better.

If they re-sign Mills they are idiots.

I don't disagree but the guys you're naming are tops in the league and have above average to stellar QB play. Besides Sammy the rest of our corps our WRS3 every where else.

Landry? It's short area quickness that's needed. QB is irrelevant with those guys. Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's WAY easier to upgrade from Mills than Taylor. There are about 24 QBs in the world and he is one of them. That doesn't mean he's perfect but it's not easy to find better.

If they re-sign Mills they are idiots.

Landry? It's short area quickness that's needed. QB is irrelevant with those guys.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Buffalo BillsVerified account @buffalobills 7m7 minutes ago

Will the tackle who helped our A+ rushing game be back? Jordan Mills' agent is talking to Bills brass this week: http://bufbills.co/GQoypx

Don't fix what ain't broke! Don't upgrade! 7th in the leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaague.

From your mouth to God's ears.

Buffalo Bills‏Verified account @buffalobills 7m7 minutes ago

Will the tackle who helped our A+ rushing game be back? Jordan Mills' agent is talking to Bills brass this week: http://bufbills.co/GQoypx

Don't fix what ain't broke! Don't upgrade! 7th in the leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaague.

I am not sure when I said don't upgrade? In fact, I said the EXACT opposite earlier in this thread. I said, there isn't an opportunity to upgrade from TT this year (with the exception of Cousins and a healthy Romo). I firmly believe that and it isn't an opinion that just I hold. It's a pretty popular opinion. Mills can be upgraded from.

I am not sure when I said don't upgrade? In fact, I said the EXACT opposite earlier in this thread. I said, there isn't an opportunity to upgrade from TT this year (with the exception of Cousins and a healthy Romo). I firmly believe that and it isn't an opinion that just I hold. It's a pretty popular opinion. Mills can be upgraded from.

So, besides the opportunities, there's no opportunity. :lol:

Besides drafting an RT high or overpaying for one, there's no opportunity to upgrade Mills. 7th in points.

Edited by FireChan

Besides drafting an RT high or overpaying for one, there's no opportunity to upgrade Mills. 7th in points.

Do you think either of those 'opportunities' are anything better than a long-shot? You don't make decisions based on 2 long-shots. That's not to say you don't pursue them as well, but both are highly unlikely.

If you can get Cousins go for it. I don't think that's realistic (and pretty much everyone would agree). Romo has lots of questions and is older than me. He is not picking us either.

You can get a mid-level FA (Ricky Wagner) and upgrade quite a bit. Sportrac has him at $6.9M.