ECCC hockey player attacks referee

\GoBillsInDallas/

I'm kind of curious who the guy manning the penalty box door is. Is that someone from the team or someone from the league? I'm not trying to blame him one bit, but I bet he was kicking himself over it for a bit.

I do love the reaction from the ECC teammate at center ice though. Even with his back to the camera you could see him roll his eyes at what his former teammate did. He then immediately went to check on the ref. This definitely didn't look like a case of an entire team turning on a ref and one taking it too far.

It's a step above beer leagues. This might as well be a video of a pickup basketball game.

I subbed for someone on my buddy's rec hockey team last night. I will never, ever play again. There was a fight before 5 minutes elapsed in the 1st period. Constant schitt talking. Those guys seemed to love it.

I subbed for someone on my buddy's rec hockey team last night. I will never, ever play again. There was a fight before 5 minutes elapsed in the 1st period. Constant schitt talking. Those guys seemed to love it.

I played ice hockey for years up at the Pepsi Center & it was pretty tame. Get a bit chippy but rarely any fights. When I was in my late 20's I played Roller Hockey for 3 years. Fun as hell, but you want to talk about fights. Fight every night. And some of them were full out brawls. My one friend & I were the two oldest guys probably in the league(we were in our late 20's). Most of the kids were 18-21. Some of them could really play. Everytime there was a fight my friend & I would just skate over to the bench & watch the madness from afar. A couple of the kids on our team would always ask why we didn't participate in the fighting. I would always tell them, give it 5 or 6 more year & you will understand. Just not worth it when you have a wife/kids.

You're up in Vermont, right? I wonder how similar the play there was to what I ran into in Boston. It sounds pretty similar. I played for ten years or so around there. The caveman mentality eventually lead me to knee surgery and that completely killed it for me.

You're up in Vermont, right? I wonder how similar the play there was to what I ran into in Boston. It sounds pretty similar. I played for ten years or so around there. The caveman mentality eventually lead me to knee surgery and that completely killed it for me.

Yeah, Vermont. These guys were animals. I think half of them hit the bar before the game. It seemed like a lot of fights/arguments between the older guys and the younger guys. Also there is a well established rivalry between our town and the town we played. Again, not something I would ever do again.