And the award for Best PPP Poster goes to...

They did the same thing with The Imitation Game. It seems to be the new in-vogue thing: deemphasize the history in favor of telling a social justice morality tale, to the point that the deemphasized history weakens your morality tale to the point that only the most saccharine SJWs will take it seriously. And presto, instant Oscar nomination.

Pretty much spot on.

Meryl Streep looks like she's going to jump onto the state as Captain Social Justice Warrior to give another heroic speech about Trump.

"I know you're watching a schittshow right now...but how about that Trump guy, amirite?"

:lol: Good call.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did the same thing with The Imitation Game. It seems to be the new in-vogue thing: deemphasize the history in favor of telling a social justice morality tale, to the point that the deemphasized history weakens your morality tale to the point that only the most saccharine SJWs will take it seriously. And presto, instant Oscar nomination.

Slightly off topic as it's not a SJW thing, but we watched Sully this weekend, and while I admittedly truly enjoyed the movie, I walked away thinking "Does Sully know about this plot?"

I tend to agree ... and clearly it's a subject that I have an interest in :lol:

It didn't help that the "twist" of the movie is almost identical to something I had been working on with another writer (meaning, I was going to hate the movie regardless for doing something we were trying to do better because I'm petty like that) -- but even without that it just wasn't good enough for me to be nominated. It was good, just not great.

Same with Hidden Figures -- it's not a bad movie, it's a feel good historical drama. It's just paint by numbers and cloying... and to me they left out a huge swath of actual history to heighten the story they were telling. Good film, just not great.

I have a movie idea I've been kicking around for a couple years. Would be one of the best comedies ever. Men will laugh their asses off. Women will laugh but will also be afraid to go to their gynecologist after seeing the movie. It's truly a great idea. I have zero movie production experience. Where do I go with this? I'm telling you, it will be freaking hysterical. Will gross huge $.

Edited by keepthefaith

I have a movie idea I've been kicking around for a couple years. Would be one of the best comedies ever. Men will laugh their asses off. Women will laugh but will also be afraid to go to their gynecologist after seeing the movie. It's truly a great idea. I have zero movie production experience. Where do I go with this? I'm telling you, it will be freaking hysterical. Will gross huge $.

:lol: If you're serious, send me a PM and I can help you craft a pitch that you could then sell or use to have a comedy writer take a crack at writing.

But I'm in already, a comedy set around gynecologists is GOLD, Jerry, GOLD! :beer:

I tend to agree ... and clearly it's a subject that I have an interest in :lol:

It didn't help that the "twist" of the movie is almost identical to something I had been working on with another writer (meaning, I was going to hate the movie regardless for doing something we were trying to do better because I'm petty like that) -- but even without that it just wasn't good enough for me to be nominated. It was good, just not great.

Same with Hidden Figures -- it's not a bad movie, it's a feel good historical drama. It's just paint by numbers and cloying... and to me they left out a huge swath of actual history to heighten the story they were telling. Good film, just not great.

How about writing a twist where aliens don't exist and never did? You could win best documentary.

:lol: If you're serious, send me a PM and I can help you craft a pitch that you could then sell or use to have a comedy writer take a crack at writing.

But I'm in already, a comedy set around gynecologists is GOLD, Jerry, GOLD! :beer:

In your humble opinion if I gave you an idea for a movie about a talking hamster and it made £¥€$$$$$$$$$$$ could we both be sued by a jealous hamster or could I write it in the contract that you would bear all liability?

Slightly off topic as it's not a SJW thing, but we watched Sully this weekend, and while I admittedly truly enjoyed the movie, I walked away thinking "Does Sully know about this plot?"

I couldn't figure out how they were going to make a 100 minute movie out of a five minute incident. Then I saw Sully.....and I still don't know.

If you really wanted to break into comedy, I have a suggestion

Write a short based on the numerous rejections that you've received. I know it will take awhile to sort thru them all, but write up something ending with the Executives laughing in your face. Or siccing the hounds on you. Or the bees. Or the hounds with bees in their mouths so when they bark they shoot bees at ayou