Bettis's paycut to stay with the Steelers

I did a quick search and didn't find a thread about this, sorry if it's been discussed.

CBS Sportsline story

I only posted it because it pisses me off so much. Why don't the Bills ever get this kind of break from their players? I can't think of the last time a Bills player took a lower salary just to stick around and help the team get further. I applaud Bettis for being a realist and wanting to help his team achieve a title.

Eric did not take any paycut. he restructured and it will cost us next year and the year after

In fact most people do nto forsee Moulds being a Bill after this year due to his enorjmus cap hit next season.

Ted Washington took a cut I believe

Edit: Yes in fact he did. He took one after the 2000 season and then was cut because he didnt want to take another pay cut the next offseason.

Holocek restructured too...but I don't know if he took a cut. And I believe he was released anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he just restructure and not actually take any appreciable paycut?

256450[/snapback]

I thought Eric signed with us when he was a free agent instead of testing the market and making big bucks.

I did a quick search and didn't find a thread about this, sorry if it's been discussed. 

CBS Sportsline story

I only posted it because it pisses me off so much.  Why don't the Bills ever get this kind of break from their players?  I can't think of the last time a Bills player took a lower salary just to stick around and help the team get further.  I applaud Bettis for being a realist and wanting to help his team achieve a title.

256448[/snapback]

The Bus is ancient. He took a low ball deal because he didn't want to start over and there isn't a big market for 40 year old running backs.