My sources- Lesean McCoy will no longer be a Buffalo Bill

so you keep him this year and cut him next year. 5 mil cap hit one year next year. run him to the ground this year.

So you would rather have Shady for one year then Zach Brown or Stephen Gilmore for 5? Or a Free Agent LB or WR for 5? That's essentially the decision.

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. When you have a QB that has a hard time passing for TD's of course your RB will rack up more touchdowns.

B. When has a "premium" RB ever made such a difference on a team?

C. RB's are interchangeable, we dont need some stellar running back talent to win in the league.

Look at Legarrette Blount. Two less TD's than McCoy on the season, a handful less running yards, yet the evil genius hd no problem benching him in the FREAKIN SUPERBOWL, his backup had an amazing game, their offense didnt miss a beat, and the Pats still crushed their opponent.

McCoy is not a make it or break it player. I really dont care if hes on the team or not in 2017

:lol::lol::lol:

What game did you watch? The Falcons gave that game back to the Pats with those playcalls. They got lucky Atlanta choked and the OC outsmarted himself. Bellicheck is a coach that plays on match ups. He didnt think Bluount was the right match up for that game. period.

So you would rather have Shady for one year then Zach Brown or Stephen Gilmore for 5? Or a Free Agent LB or WR for 5? That's essentially the decision.

Sure fix the defense by destroying the offense. :doh:

The Billsy pendulum just swings back and forth.

Sure fix the defense by destroying the offense. :doh:

The Billsy pendulum just swings back and forth.

The poster said keep him for one more year...what's not destructive about that....the destructive thing is 17 years of year to year thinking instead of longer term. This is the perfect time to do something like this...Rookie head coach who ownership seems committed to.

Edited by JoeF

They do NOT need to take the nasty cap hit of releasing Shady to keep those two players

There are players on the team that can be extended to make that work

The cap situation is a 1 year temp thing....the following year we will have EIGHTY MILLION in cap space

If though people hate the bills capologists....even they can find a way to make that work

There is no reason to gut the offensive strengths of the team

The poster said keep him for one more year...what's not destructive about that....the destructive thing is 17 years of year to year thinking instead of longer term. This is the perfect time to do something like this...Rookie head coach who ownership seems committed to.

And you honestly think that ownership is gonna be committed to a rookie HC if this team falls apart....what in its history would make you think that....does not compute

:lol::lol::lol:

What game did you watch? The Falcons gave that game back to the Pats with those playcalls. They got lucky Atlanta choked and the OC outsmarted himself. Bellicheck is a coach that plays on match ups. He didnt think Bluount was the right match up for that game. period.

The game i watched was the one where Blount started, then fumbled, then vanished. Blount had similar stats as McCoy for the year. McCoy is a good runner, but he would be a hell of alot more fun to watch if he had actually helped us beat even one playoff team last year.

Gillislee could have easily contributed just as much to our 7-9 season last year as Shady did.

They do NOT need to take the nasty cap hit of releasing Shady to keep those two players

There are players on the team that can be extended to make that work

The cap situation is a 1 year temp thing....the following year we will have EIGHTY MILLION in cap space

If though people hate the bills capologists....even they can find a way to make that work

There is no reason to gut the offensive strengths of the team

And you honestly think that ownership is gonna be committed to a rookie HC if this team falls apart....what in its history would make you think that....does not compute

I think the Pegulas are serious about winning a championship and know they are not close with the team as currently structured. The Bills will suck for the next two years. They will suck with or without Shady, they will suck with or without Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Chances are all three of these will miss 5+ games over the next two years, maybe more.

Rex basically ruined a cycle where they could compete for the playoffs where aging vets like Wood and Williams meshed with younger players. The defensive genius ruined a damn talented defense.

So if we are going to suck, I'd rather 4-12 suck than 7-9 suck if it means we are picking early in each round for the next couple of years and have cap room to maneuver. The Pegulas will be patient with McDermott because they already look like fools for hiring the fools gold that is Rex Ryan -- they really can't go down the foolish scale much more. The fans will stay -- because face it we have nothing else to do...and we are a loyal bunch, particularly if we see progress. We are the safest fan base in the league just glad to have a team.

Again--my opinion-- but the Bills are facing 2 or 3 years of suck--they can humor us by winning 7 games and making the fans think the playoffs are within reach or the Bills can give themselves some room to reload.

The point of this thread is does an instagram rumor and someone's "inside" information mean Shady will be gone. My point is -- cut him, let him finish his career with a winner and let's begin to rebuild. I have had enough of Brandon's year to year slogans and marketing and selling false hope....lets build a football team and let McDermott do it...

Edited by JoeF

I think the Pegulas are serious about winning a championship and know they are not close with the team as currently structured. The Bills will suck for the next two years. They will suck with or without Shady, they will suck with or without Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Chances are all three of these will miss 5+ games over the next two years, maybe more.

Rex basically ruined a cycle where they could compete for the playoffs where aging vets like Wood and Williams meshed with younger players. The defensive genius ruined a damn talented defense.

So if we are going to suck, I'd rather 4-12 suck than 7-9 suck if it means we are picking early in each round for the next couple of years and have cap room to maneuver. The Pegulas will be patient will McDermott because they already look like fools for hiring the fools gold that is Rex Ryan -- they really can't go down the foolish scale much more. The fans will stay -- because face it we have nothing else to do...and we are a loyal bunch, particularly if we see progress. We are the safest fan base in the league just glad to have a team.

Again--my opinion-- but the Bills are facing 2 or 3 years of suck--they can humor us by winning 7 games and making the fans think the playoffs are withing reach or the Bills can give themselves some room to reload.

The point of this thread is does an instagram rumor and someone's "inside" information mean Shady will be gone. My point is -- cut him, let him finish his career with a winner and let's begin to rebuild. I have had enough of Brandon's year to year slogans and marketing and selling false hope....lets build a football team and let McDermott do it...

i want nothing more than the Bills to be consistent winners, succeed , obviously.. but there are no guarantees .. look at cleveland.. tough call , but IMO, i think the talent level is there with some astute tweeking.. and if mcdermott turns out to be like sean payton or dan quinn.. and not gregg williams , who knows..

Edited by dwight in philly

So if we are going to suck, I'd rather 4-12 suck than 7-9 suck if it means we are picking early in each round for the next couple of years and have cap room to maneuver. The Pegulas will be patient with McDermott because they already look like fools for hiring the fools gold that is Rex Ryan -- they really can't go down the foolish scale much more. The fans will stay -- because face it we have nothing else to do...and we are a loyal bunch, particularly if we see progress. We are the safest fan base in the league just glad to have a team.

Again--my opinion-- but the Bills are facing 2 or 3 years of suck--they can humor us by winning 7 games and making the fans think the playoffs are within reach or the Bills can give themselves some room to reload.

This sounds like a personal want more then anything else (which you are totally entitled to)

The moves they make will show their hand......releasing shady would def signal a rebiuld to me.

In MY opinion this would all be a huge mistake.....we just came off a season where we were 7th in the league in points scored......they looked like they were very upset at the snake oil RR sold them regarding the defense......they hired a DC that in 9 of the last 10 years was in the top ten in team defense

The smart move (in my opinion) would be to keep what worked and fix what did not on a team that went about 500 the last season....

i want nothing more than the Bills to be consistent winners, succeed , obviously.. but there are no guarantees .. look at cleveland.. tough call , but IMO, i think tjhe talent level is there with some astute tweeking.. and if mcdermott turns out to be like sean payton or dan quinn..

and that is the contra my friend. If the team leaders think we are close -- we keep Shady, probably Taylor and hope a new D system improves the team.

I want nothing more than short term gains...but I am jaded and suspicious right now, particularly after watching this team against playoff teams last year. I think we rank somewhere around number 10 in the AFC and that means a different path.

Here's hoping a year from now -- you are right.

This sounds like a personal want more then anything else (which you are totally entitled to)

The moves they make will show their hand......releasing shady would def signal a rebiuld to me.

In MY opinion this would all be a huge mistake.....we just came off a season where we were 7th in the league in points scored......they looked like they were very upset at the snake oil RR sold them regarding the defense......they hired a DC that in 9 of the last 10 years was in the top ten in team defense

The smart move (in my opinion) would be to keep what worked and fix what did not on a team that went about 500 the last season....

I hope you are right and I am wrong John...

Edited by JoeF

and that is the contra my friend. If the team leaders think we are close -- we keep Shady, probably Taylor and hope a new D system improves the team.

I want nothing more than short term gains...but I am jaded and suspicious right now, particularly after watching this team against playoff teams last year. I think we rank somewhere around number 10 in the AFC and that means a different path.

Here's hoping a year from now -- you are right.

I hope you are right and I am wrong John...

, maybe it was so painful(and still is) watching what the sabres did with the"tanking" .. after 17 years with the bills out of the post season, not ready to go three more in hopes that turns us into a consistent winner.. guess my point is i want to try and win now , regardless if it means not following a blueprint to get there.

, maybe it was so painful(and still is) watching what the sabres did with the"tanking" .. after 17 years with the bills out of the post season, not ready to go three more in hopes that turns us into a consistent winner.. guess my point is i want to try and win now , regardless if it means not following a blueprint to get there.

I honestly dont even feel that the blue print works anyway

If it did the jags would be better then they are. They got their supposed franchise qb in Bortles...now they arent even committed to him anymore.

We have been a 500 team the last two years......find a way to get to 10-6

I honestly dont even feel that the blue print works anyway

If it did the jags would be better then they are. They got their supposed franchise qb in Bortles...now they arent even committed to him anymore.

We have been a 500 team the last two years......find a way to get to 10-6

well said! couldnt agree with you more! :thumbsup: