I still feel like we are as talented as we've been reently

dayman

They have lost name players that are being replaced with young guys

If they resign Z. Brown then they have a better LB then then Bradham

You are assuming that Lawson is going to be this huge drop off from Mario.......what if he is not?

Frankly Ragland could be as good as any MLB we have had in some time

Shoot....even Preston Brown did his best work in a 4/3 in his rookie year

My point is....until we actually SEE them not perform as well in a D that they have performed well in the past you should not automatically expect worse play

Coaching plays a part in this as well......HC has a recent track record of success in this area

Lawson has been a huge drop off compared to pre 2015 Mario. What games are you watching?

They. Are. Less. Talented. They will probably play better than 2016. That doesn't mean they're more talented.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawson has been a huge drop off compared to pre 2015 Mario. What games are you watching?

They. Are. Less. Talented. They will probably play better than 2016. That doesn't mean they're more talented.

Im watching games of a rookie coming off surgery that had no training camp or pre season......who is going back to his natural position.

You might not have liked the pick and nobody liked the fact that we lost him for most of his rookie season.....but Shaq Lawson is now healthy and he was drafted in the 1st round for a reason.

The real question is can McD work with Hughes to keep him aggressive but not stupid with his penalties.

By the way.....what does it matter if a player is more talented when they are lazy on he field? Mario was a shell of his former self even in Miami and got benched. I think you get everything Shaq has on the field this year.

Im watching games of a rookie coming off surgery that had no training camp or pre season......who is going back to his natural position.

You might not have liked the pick and nobody liked the fact that we lost him for most of his rookie season.....but Shaq Lawson is now healthy and he was drafted in the 1st round for a reason.

The real question is can McD work with Hughes to keep him aggressive but not stupid with his penalties.

By the way.....what does it matter if a player is more talented when they are lazy on he field? Mario was a shell of his former self even in Miami and got benched. I think you get everything Shaq has on the field this year.

Shaq was a late first round pick. Mario went #1 overall and was an All-Pro player. Pretending they are even close in talent is laughable. Edited by FireChan

Shaq was a late first round pick. Mario went #1 overall and was an All-Pro player. Pretending they are even close in talent is laughable.

Yes because of course AFTER a player is drafted that means nothing

I will say it again for the challenged.....effort trumps talent. That is why Mario was sitting his ass on the bench in Miami.....weak ticker.

Mario is finishing up his career it seems......Shaq's is just starting and was considered one of the top edges in this draft but still very good in run support and had the ability to drop into coverage.

He was playing out of position this last year in RR's crappy defense where EVERYONE struggled.

I will say it again for the challenged.....effort trumps talent. That is why Mario was sitting his ass on the bench in Miami.....weak ticker.

Mario is finishing up his career it seems......Shaq's is just starting and was considered one of the top edges in this draft but still very good in run support and had the ability to drop into coverage.

He was playing out of position this last year in RR's crappy defense where EVERYONE struggled.

Totally agree with everything you have said...Going back to the 4-3 will change this d overnight.

Its to early to tell that shaq and reggie will or wont dominate in this league..

Plus real playcalls on d will also be a huge difference..Only team ive ever seen rush 3 and have no safety help in the backend

Mario is sitting on the bench because his talent is gone. But he was dominant in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Shaq is not. Edited by FireChan

Mario is sitting on the bench because his talent is gone. But he was dominant in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Shaq is not.

how can you even begin to judge Lawson? that is just crazy if you are reaching conclusions.

What did you expect from SL after he had the surgery and missed time.

BTW i did not think much of him his first couple of games.

Mario is sitting on the bench because his talent is gone. But he was dominant in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Shaq is not.

lets see if we can have at least some semblence of sanit

Would you agree that the 2 situations are NOT similar?

Mario comes into the league as the number 1 overall pick (or was it number 2) he was completely healthy when he came in......

Shaq comes into the league with some draft pundints having him as a top 10 overall pick talent wise.....but had injury issues that final year in college

Then he has to have surgery which prevents him from even having a full training camp and pre season.....which is important for ALL rookie players even when he does come back he needs to be eased into the lineup

How are these situations even remotely similar and how can you derive what a healthy Shaq is gonna do THIS season......the healthiest he has even been in years?

If you want to say "I need to see it" at least that would make sense....you are giving a pre determination of what Shaq is gonna do THIS year which is pretty stupid

how can you even begin to judge Lawson? that is just crazy if you are reaching conclusions.

What did you expect from SL after he had the surgery and missed time.

BTW i did not think much of him his first couple of games.

I'll tell you what I don't expect. An All-Pro year.

I'm not saying he won't be good. It's a rare player who is dominant like peak Mario was. That's who we had in 2014. We don't have that guy in 2017. I expect that to affect our defense.

Mario comes into the league as the number 1 overall pick (or was it number 2) he was completely healthy when he came in......

Shaq comes into the league with some draft pundints having him as a top 10 overall pick talent wise.....but had injury issues that final year in college

Then he has to have surgery which prevents him from even having a full training camp and pre season.....which is important for ALL rookie players even when he does come back he needs to be eased into the lineup

How are these situations even remotely similar and how can you derive what a healthy Shaq is gonna do THIS season......the healthiest he has even been in years?

If you want to say "I need to see it" at least that would make sense....you are giving a pre determination of what Shaq is gonna do THIS year which is pretty stupid

I'm taking the safe bet that Shaq won't be an All-Pro this year. You think he will be?

Except maybe for an actual top 10 talent (Bosa, for example).

I'll tell you what I don't expect. An All-Pro year.

I'm not saying he won't be good. It's a rare player who is dominant like peak Mario was. That's who we had in 2014. We don't have that guy in 2017. I expect that to affect our defense.

I'm taking the safe bet that Shaq won't be an All-Pro this year. You think he will be?

i dont know?

Except maybe for an actual top 10 talent (Bosa, for example).

right but bosa was not recoverying

i dont know?

right but bosa was not recoverying

What do you think is more likely:

Shaq Lawson has a decent 8 sack season

Shaq Lawson is the second best DE in football, posts 14.5 sacks, and is a first team All-Pro

because that's the discussion I'm having, apparently with a brick wall.

What do you think is more likely:

Shaq Lawson has a decent 8 sack season

Shaq Lawson is the second best DE in football, posts 14.5 sacks, and is a first team All-Pro

because that's the discussion I'm having, apparently with a brick wall.

Once again.....im not predicting the future and to do that is stupid

but even if what you said was true.....even it it was just a 8 sack season (which by the way is not the ONLY job of a edge player.....they need to actually give a crap and not allow 200 yard rushers) if the sack totals were distributed equally across our DL then our defense immediately improves from its 20 something ranking.

Mario came into the league with higher expectations....that does not mean that Shaq cannot be a excellent player in his own right.....does he have to be in order to consider the DL to have a lot of talent?

Sorry, but you are what your record says you are... You don't miss the playoffs 17 years straight without a good reason (ie..Lack of a good QB)... That's not gonna change as long as TT is the QB...

Then you should change login to OnlyQBmatters.

Once again.....im not predicting the future and to do that is stupid

but even if what you said was true.....even it it was just a 8 sack season (which by the way is not the ONLY job of a edge player.....they need to actually give a crap and not allow 200 yard rushers) if the sack totals were distributed equally across our DL then our defense immediately improves from its 20 something ranking.

Mario came into the league with higher expectations....that does not mean that Shaq cannot be a excellent player in his own right.....does he have to be in order to consider the DL to have a lot of talent?

Yes. Shaq would have to have Mario-level talent to consider the DL to have the same amount of talent as 2014.

Yeah, making an educated guess rather than just using hindsight is so dumb. Tell us how they draft players again, John?

Yes. Shaq would have to have Mario-level talent to consider the DL to have the same amount of talent as 2014.

Yeah, making an educated guess rather than just using hindsight is so dumb. Tell us how they draft players again, John?

They have more info then you do and scouts making those evaluations....YOU are NOT them