I still feel like we are as talented as we've been reently

dayman

Been feeling that way for the last few years. Not sure why people advocate to blow it up.

Rex had us doing crazy things and was hurting the team. We should stay the course (including Tyrod) and add a little beef at WR and OL see what happens.

Anyone really think--if you actually think about it--that our team is not good enough to make the playoffs?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone really think--if you actually think about it--that our team is not good enough to make the playoffs?

yes, our talent level is about the same as it's always been. so, no, we aren't good enough to make the playoffs.

Edited by Dirtbag

We won 7 games this year. With a harder schedule, free agents leaving, new schemes and systems I see 6 wins unless something drastically changes. And that is with paying a bridge QB 30 million.

I get that fans want to be excited but please help me understand where you are coming from. There has been a lot of talent that has left and is leaving. Bills have not drafted well enough to replace it all yet.

I agree , I think without an elite qb and yes for those who will start say what about the defense , an elite defense . the bIlls are put together as well as you can expect in the salary cap era. Leaving alone the elite defenses because they are rare and generally you can't keep them together very long. The league is kind of set up to be 8-8 and your qb play and health will dictate the rest. I would say the Dickie J teams wone more games then their talent warranted. While not perfect and who is , Whaley has put together a fine roster for the last three years.

Last year I would agree with the OP. This year, so many free agents. Not much cap room. Tyrod not improving. Sammy being constantly injured. No safeties. 1 promising LB (who's coming off knee surgery). No RT. Only 1 WR under contract (listenbee doesn't count imo). Most of our DL depth are free agents. I don't know......just seems like we missed out chance the last 2 years. We have some pieces to build around (solid OL, a healthy Sammy, shady, solid DL starters) but I don't think we'll be as good as last year, especially with the schedule we have

This team lacks talent in many areas- WR, TE, Safety, and QB. And when we switch our defensive alignment, AGAIN, we will be void of DE also. This team will be lucky to scrape 6 wins next year.

I disagree that we will be void of DE. Hughes and Shaq are best playing DE in a 4-3 imo. I see it as a strength of the team to be honest

This team lacks talent in many areas- WR, TE, Safety, and QB. And when we switch our defensive alignment, AGAIN, we will be void of DE also. This team will be lucky to scrape 6 wins next year.

Switch qbs with NE or GB. We are contending for the SB while they miss the playoffs.

The Bills have a top 5 oline, a top 3 RB, a top 15 TE, a top 10 CB, a top 5 DT, & a top 10 wr (when healthy). Talent is not the problem with this team. Coaching and qb is, which triumphs everything.

Been feeling that way for the last few years. Not sure why people advocate to blow it up.

Rex had us doing crazy things and was hurting the team. We should stay the course (including Tyrod) and add a little beef at WR and OL see what happens.

i agree wholeheartily.. i thought the last marrone/schwartz d coord team was close.. i drank the rex Cool aide but was concerned about the D.. . as it turned out the team outside of a few bad breaks/calls in the seattle game , loss of poise causing crucial penalties enabling teams to continue drives in games the past 2 years. , all contributed to the lack of a playoff appearance .. i say stay the course..

We won 7 games this year. With a harder schedule, free agents leaving, new schemes and systems I see 6 wins unless something drastically changes. And that is with paying a bridge QB 30 million.

I get that fans want to be excited but please help me understand where you are coming from. There has been a lot of talent that has left and is leaving. Bills have not drafted well enough to replace it all yet.

its not that far of a journey

I mean....some things need to happen correctly for us

The D needs to get a little better......come on people it fell into the 20's and we have up 200 yard rushers........if it just moved up from say in the 20's to 10.......our D was a tire fire

Our number 1 WR was out MOST of the season and hurt for the rest.....our number 2 receiver missed significant time

One of the staples of the RR teams was lack of dicipline and penalties

PLENTY of room for improvement......

Nothing changes until we have the true franchise QB! 17 years should prove that. Strong defensively, productive offenses, coaching changes, hard schedules, soft schedules, absolutely nothing matters without having the QB.

If you think the QB is coming this year you are lost. This team is 8-8 at best next year and maybe 2-14 would be best.

If I'm the Bills I trade back, trade back back and try to trade back again.

Switch qbs with NE or GB. We are contending for the SB while they miss the playoffs.

The Bills have a top 5 oline, a top 3 RB, a top 15 TE, a top 10 CB, a top 5 DT, & a top 10 wr (when healthy). Talent is not the problem with this team. Coaching and qb is, which triumphs everything.

Agree with this.

There is enough talent on this team to get at least a wild card.

Defensively, this is probably least talented we have been since 2011.

Or they have been horribly coached to look that way

Maybe if we are not dropping pass rushers off into coverage? Or are not running D schemes so exotic that event he players cannot run them correctly.......or dont have our BEST defensive player in rehab

Shaq Lawson coming into his second year in his natural postion

The best MLB in last years draft coming back after missing all season

Can the bills find secondary coaches that return Darby to form from his sophmore slump

Find a way to find legit safety talent?

Cut down on the stupid drive saving penalties

Or they have been horribly coached to look that way

Maybe if we are not dropping pass rushers off into coverage? Or are not running D schemes so exotic that event he players cannot run them correctly.......or dont have our BEST defensive player in rehab

Shaq Lawson coming into his second year in his natural postion

The best MLB in last years draft coming back after missing all season

Can the bills find secondary coaches that return Darby to form from his sophmore slump

Find a way to find legit safety talent?

Cut down on the stupid drive saving penalties

Shaq < Mario

Ragland ???? Brown/Bradham

No Gilmore and slumping Darby < Gilmore and runner up DROY Darby/McKelvin

Graham and dead AW < healthy AW and Searcy

I just don't see where our talent is better than, say 2015 or 2014.

Shaq < Mario

Ragland ???? Brown/Bradham

No Gilmore and slumping Darby < Gilmore and runner up DROY Darby/McKelvin

Graham and dead AW < healthy AW and Searcy

I just don't see where our talent is better than, say 2015 or 2014.

The problem with all of this is we dont know how players are gonna look in the new scheme

A couple of areas def need to be addressed

As for the Shaq/Mario thing......we dont know what we have there but Shaq does not need to be pro bowl Mario in order for this team to improve

Im saying that this team was so undisciplined and communication so bad this past year and the fact that the bills were smart enough not to keep Rex another year to implement 3/4 outdated exotic defense that we might actually be able to come back from the bring 4/3......one of the biggest problems was lack of run stop. Ragland should def help with that

The problem with all of this is we dont know how players are gonna look in the new scheme

A couple of areas def need to be addressed

As for the Shaq/Mario thing......we dont know what we have there but Shaq does not need to be pro bowl Mario in order for this team to improve

Im saying that this team was so undisciplined and communication so bad this past year and the fact that the bills were smart enough not to keep Rex another year to implement 3/4 outdated exotic defense that we might actually be able to come back from the bring 4/3......one of the biggest problems was lack of run stop. Ragland should def help with that

It's a 4-3. How much different from 2014 and 2013 can they look?

The point was that the Bills have lost talent since 2013. Not sure that's really debatable.

Other than the O-line, you listed only 5 players that are at least in the top half in the league at their position.

GB couldn't make the SB with Rodgers (he's 4-4 in the playoffs the past 4 years). Not so sure he would have gotten further on the Bills last year.

Edited by Mr. WEO

It's a 4-3. How much different from 2014 and 2013 can they look?

The point was that the Bills have lost talent since 2013. Not sure that's really debatable.

They have lost name players that are being replaced with young guys

If they resign Z. Brown then they have a better LB then then Bradham

You are assuming that Lawson is going to be this huge drop off from Mario.......what if he is not?

Frankly Ragland could be as good as any MLB we have had in some time

Shoot....even Preston Brown did his best work in a 4/3 in his rookie year

My point is....until we actually SEE them not perform as well in a D that they have performed well in the past you should not automatically expect worse play

Coaching plays a part in this as well......HC has a recent track record of success in this area