The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Time's use of the devil horns over Trump was too subtle last time they gave him the cover:

Image result for trump on the cover of time with devil horns

So now they've just doubled down on their own hyperbole: 

DTRjhoPXcAACPD4.jpg

What's even funnier to me is that it's them who are behaving as if their hair is on fire.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Azalin said:

What's even funnier to me is that it's them who are behaving as if their hair is on fire.

:lol::beer: 

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

tumblr_nr99612q2K1qdzgy2o1_500.gif

I'm just calling it how it is. FDR revolutionized how presidents used radio to spread their message directly, Kennedy used TV to do the same. Both mediums changed how politicians utilized them. 

What 45 has done with twitter is the same. That's not a defense of his tweets, just an honest assessment of a historic change in the use of a new communication tool by POTUS. The left (and right) and media continually misunderstand how he utilizes twitter to communicate directly with his base. 

And it's been HIGHLY effective. The coverage of his tweets only make it more effective. 

The media is so moronic. They magnify his Tweets and amplify his message.

The media is so moronic. They magnify his Tweets and amplify his message.

People say Trump should stop tweeting.

Well, the Media should stop covering his Tweets. 

I've never seen nor heard one read except for the coverage in the Media. 

I don't follow the man on Twitter. 

xngt4o.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm just calling it how it is. FDR revolutionized how presidents used radio to spread their message directly, Kennedy used TV to do the same. Both mediums changed how politicians utilized them. 

What 45 has done with twitter is the same. That's not a defense of his tweets, just an honest assessment of a historic change in the use of a new communication tool by POTUS. The left (and right) and media continually misunderstand how he utilizes twitter to communicate directly with his base. 

And it's been HIGHLY effective. The coverage of his tweets only make it more effective. 

;)

My issue with Trump tweeting is the format, really. I'd like to imagine the electorate is competent enough to absorb a given administration's PR without a 140 character speed limit. Radio and television aren't perfect mediums but I'd argue they're at least subject to less misinterpretation and allow for a much broader discussion of policy topics than a tweet, which is IMO less informative than it is something more along the lines of simple propaganda. Which is why I avoid Twitter as a rule.

Kellyanne Conway Says ‘Nobody’ at White House Talks About Hillary Clinton - as Trump Tweets About Her

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

;)

My issue with Trump tweeting is the format, really. I'd like to imagine the electorate is competent enough to absorb a given administration's PR without a 140 character speed limit. Radio and television aren't perfect mediums but I'd argue they're at least subject to less misinterpretation and allow for a much broader discussion of policy topics than a tweet, which is IMO less informative than it is something more along the lines of simple propaganda. Which is why I avoid Twitter as a rule.

Trump tweeted against the Security bill this AM then Paul Ryan had to chase him down and convince him to support the Republican Bill. Frumpy then tweeted his support of the bill

The man is freaking clueless!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-targets-surveillance-program-tweet-133607758--politics.html

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

;)

I hear you, I'm not saying it's progress, just an evolution of political communication. And it's hard to argue that Trump hasn't been very effective using Twitter to bypass the normal media barricades that prevent presidents from directly speaking to certain pockets of the population. 

Case in point... this tweet from this morning: 

While the media is bashing this tweet (and others from today) and mocking it, here is how his base interprets what was said: 

TRANSLATION: "A fictional dossier, secretly funded by Clinton, the DNC & Obama, was created using FBI and paid Russian SVR agents to spy on my campaign and influence the election. All of this is recorded in Clinton's emails and the DNC servers, which we have in our possession."

I'm not making up that translation - it's been on multiple social media feeds today. And you know what? There's actual evidence for the claims made in the translation. Real honest to god evidence that the public knows about. This evidence doesn't get discussed by the MSM when they're bashing the tweet, instead they ignore it. Which then only reinforces (to his base who are watching) the idea that the MSM is complicit in the very same DNC/44/HRC plot to undermine a sitting POTUS. 

That gets more and more of his base angry. Which in turn  gets more and more of his base to distrust the media and rely instead directly on tweets from 45 to get their information.

Trump's a lot of things, without question. But he ain't dumb, especially when it comes to social media use. And he keeps on proving that with each tweet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

:lol:

The “stable genius” stomps all over the Trump-is-stupid-and-crazy narrative by running a meeting in front of the cameras. 

“Look at him, with members of Congress arrayed around him at that table. The news media had to keep the cameras running live.

After spending the last week promoting the theory that he’s stupid and crazy, the media look stupid and crazy, as he’s clearly in command, speaking coherently, behaving competently, and getting full respect from the members of Congress. This really was a perfect response the barrage of criticism that bounced off Michael Wolff’s convenient-but-fake book.

It’s like the whole thing was a setup that conveniently got rid of Bannon and enriched a guy (Wolff) that Trump is friendly with.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/285666/

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: As Trump walks out of the room after signing the MLK EO, April Ryan yells out "Mr. President, are you a racist."

And they wonder why they're losing.

Saw/heard that and thought the same thing as you did.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Saw/heard that and thought the same thing as you did.

It was an incredible juxtaposition of image and words. She asked this, shouted this, while he was shaking the hands of a black man who was eagerly (and seemingly happily) telling 45 something in his ear... 

Monday is a holiday. 1.2 million pages of evidence are set to be released by the DOJ IG on Monday. And now the folks caught with their hands in the FISA cookie jar are using their messengers to engineer a "crisis". Think there's a connection? 

Naaaah... 

This is going to be fun when it kicks off for real.

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

:lol:

The “stable genius” stomps all over the Trump-is-stupid-and-crazy narrative by running a meeting in front of the cameras. 

“Look at him, with members of Congress arrayed around him at that table. The news media had to keep the cameras running live.

After spending the last week promoting the theory that he’s stupid and crazy, the media look stupid and crazy, as he’s clearly in command, speaking coherently, behaving competently, and getting full respect from the members of Congress. This really was a perfect response the barrage of criticism that bounced off Michael Wolff’s convenient-but-fake book.

It’s like the whole thing was a setup that conveniently got rid of Bannon and enriched a guy (Wolff) that Trump is friendly with.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/285666/

Is this the meeting where he literally agreed with the last person he talked to which contradicted his earlier ravings? 

23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: As Trump walks out of the room after signing the MLK EO, April Ryan yells out "Mr. President, are you a racist."

And they wonder why they're losing.

April Ryan is as dumb as she looks.

What kind of moronic idiot yells out something like that to the President of the US?

If a white "journalist" did that to Obozo they would hang him by his marbles.

23 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was an incredible juxtaposition of image and words. She asked this, shouted this, while he was shaking the hands of a black man who was eagerly (and seemingly happily) telling 45 something in his ear... 

Monday is a holiday. 1.2 million pages of evidence are set to be released by the DOJ IG on Monday. And now the folks caught with their hands in the FISA cookie jar are using their messengers to engineer a "crisis". Think there's a connection? 

Naaaah... 

This is going to be fun when it kicks off for real.

Whatever happened to that guy that was undercover for the Uranium One deal that was supposed to tell all?

They letting him lie in the weeds until the time is right or is it just a big lie?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Whatever happened to that guy that was undercover for the Uranium One deal that was supposed to tell all?

They letting him lie in the weeds until the time is right or is it just a big lie?

He already proving his worth. The first of over 10k sealed indictments were unsealed yesterday in U1 and it tied directly into the whistleblowers evidence. 

More are coming, but yesterday's indictment shows he has real actionable information (check the other threads I hit up last night for the links) :beer:

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He already proving his worth. The first of over 10k sealed indictments were unsealed yesterday in U1 and it tied directly into the whistleblowers evidence. 

More are coming, but yesterday's indictment shows he has real actionable information (check the other threads I hit up last night for the links) :beer:

Will the treasonous left finally go down or does the rule of law still not apply to the Clinton's?