The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Welp,  we will find out soon enough... 

Is it really possible that a relatively famous gay minority is genuinely stupid enough to make up this story? I find it hard to believe. You have to be dumb as bricks to try to pull a stunt like that in Chicago.

Edited by LABillzFan

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Is it really possible that a relatively famous gay minority is genuinely stupid enough to make up this story? I find it hard to believe. You have to be dumb as bricks to try to pull a stunt like that in Chicago.

That math prof was a shameless liar and plagiarist who enjoyed getting beat up at bus stops, then they made a Ron Howard movie about what a sweet guy he was...

NYT Columnist: State of the Union Was Full of ‘Blood-Soaked’ ‘Lies’

In a live edition of The Daily Show, host Trevor Noah brought on New York Times columnist Frank Bruni to freak out over the “blood-soaked and lawless” State of the Union. Just like Brian Williams on MSNBC, Bruni fumed over the President daring to bring up abortion: “[Trump was] baiting the Democrats with descriptions of abortion laws that were highly exaggerated.” 

The Times columnist snarled, “You would think after the longest shutdown in federal history, he would temper his language a little bit. He might retreat. But it was as blood soaked and lawless and fantastical in terms of the relation to the truth as ever.”

But then, Bruni is the guy who said that negative coverage is “the only honest way to cover this president.” 

Regarding discussions of the wall, Noah’s concern was solely for the Democrats: “How do you think Democrats begin to combat this narrative? Is there a thing or do they legislate around Trump?”  

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

NYT Columnist: State of the Union Was Full of ‘Blood-Soaked’ ‘Lies’

In a live edition of The Daily Show, host Trevor Noah brought on New York Times columnist Frank Bruni to freak out over the “blood-soaked and lawless” State of the Union. Just like Brian Williams on MSNBC, Bruni fumed over the President daring to bring up abortion: “[Trump was] baiting the Democrats with descriptions of abortion laws that were highly exaggerated.” 

The Times columnist snarled, “You would think after the longest shutdown in federal history, he would temper his language a little bit. He might retreat. But it was as blood soaked and lawless and fantastical in terms of the relation to the truth as ever.”

But then, Bruni is the guy who said that negative coverage is “the only honest way to cover this president.” 

Regarding discussions of the wall, Noah’s concern was solely for the Democrats: “How do you think Democrats begin to combat this narrative? Is there a thing or do they legislate around Trump?”  

Who speaks for the innocent children that are kidnapped, sold into sex slavery and most likely turned into addicts? The outrage needs to grow until even the disingenuous dems have to show support for stopping this inhumane and shameful practice.

The official rules of politics are that Dems are in Disarray and Republicans Pounce.

Don't argue with these ironclad rules, it does no good.

The Dems are in Disarray. Republicans, you know what to do next.

The State Of American 'Fact-Checking' Is Completely Useless

With a veneer of impartiality, fact-checkers engage in a uniquely dishonest style of partisanship.

If media wants to challenge the context and politics of Republican arguments, that’s their prerogative. There are plenty of legitimately misleading statement’s worthy of fact-checkers’ attention. Yet, with a veneer of impartiality, fact-checkers often engage in a uniquely dishonest style of partisanship. And State of Union coverage gave us an abundance of examples of how they do it:

Hyper-precision fact-checking to create the impression that a Republican is misleading the public: For this, take Politico’s use of hyper-specificity to insinuate that Donald Trump was lying to the public about abuse of women at the border. During the State of the Union, Trump said “one in three women is sexually assaulted on the long journey north.” This contention is only “partly true,” according to Politico, because a “2017 report by Doctors Without Borders” found that only 31 percent of female migrants and 17 percent of male migrants said they had been actually abused while traveling through Mexico.

Whether the scary statistic by Doctors Without Borders is accurate or not, is one thing. Trump, however, merely had the temerity to contend that “one in every three” illegal immigrants has been abused rather than stating that “33.333 percent of women” have been abused attempting to cross the border––probably a rounding error in the poll. It is almost surely the case that every past president and every politician has used “one-third” or “one-half” rather than offer the specific fraction, and walked away without being fact-checked.

Much more at the link: http://thefederalist.com/2019/02/06/state-american-fact-checking-completely-useless/#.XFsylzkDKH8.twitter

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:53 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

As if the Daily Beast couldn't get worse... now they are going to make me defend the ***** P*triots? 

Prog-fascism rots the brains of otherwise sane people.

If Tom Brady retires and goes into politics as a strong conservative, gets elected to the Senate, then the presidency, the last two decades of his bitchslapping of the Bills will have been worth it. The icing on the cake will be all the liberal buttnutts in Massachusetts having their heads explode. I've already used that angle on some liberal Pats fans (one of whom was on this "all men are part of the problem" kick 5 years ago), its priceless.

TB is a conservative, what's that like for you? 

Global warming? What's the $%$#ing carbon footprint of Tom Brady's team?  

Bob Kraft is a huge Trump supporter, and TB12 loves the guy. I wonder what he would think of you??

It's kind of fun.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If Tom Brady retires and goes into politics as a strong conservative, gets elected to the Senate, then the presidency, the last two decades of his bitchslapping of the Bills will have been worth it. The icing on the cake will be all the liberal buttnutts in Massachusetts having their heads explode. I've already used that angle on some liberal Pats fans (one of whom was on this "all men are part of the problem" kick 5 years ago), its priceless.

TB is a conservative, what's that like for you? 

Global warming? What's the $%$#ing carbon footprint of Tom Brady's team?  

Bob Kraft is a huge Trump supporter, and TB12 loves the guy. I wonder what he would think of you??

It's kind of fun.

It is fun, I hadn't considered that tact before. :beer: 

Though... I really don't know if I could ever pull the lever for Brady in the voting booth. Then again, I said the same thing about Trump in 2016 (and didn't) but he's making me change my mind for 2020. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Though... I really don't know if I could ever pull the lever for Brady in the voting booth. Then again, I said the same thing about Trump in 2016 (and didn't) but he's making me change my mind for 2020. 

Some of the people I interacted with were pretty obnoxious, though admittedly I was as well.  Classic do as I say, not as I do libs.  I feel like I had to adapt my skillset as the pats were, well the pats.  Mind you, I never suggested the bills were better or going to kick a$$, it was more about deflate gate, spygate etc. Their position was often "it was all fiction, all of it", which seemed silly to me. 

So, I made it personal. I got a couple fu's and a couple "you're a d%ck" retorts but they struggled with their man love and the ultimate end game that Brady (and Kraft) would likely think they were crazy.  I also mentioned the irony about them enriching Bob Kraft beyond his wildest dreams  so he could pollute the planet and use his wealth for conservative causes. 

Good stuff. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Though... I really don't know if I could ever pull the lever for Brady in the voting booth. 

You wouldn't have to.  Like everything else, he'd win by cheating.

I hope he hires Belichick as Press Secretary.  "Mr. Belichick, since Pakistan and India are now trading nuclear attacks against each other's cities, how does the Brady administration plan to respond?"  "We've moved on to North Korea..."

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey @Deranged Rhino, need your help here. Watching CBS this morning, Nora says Bezos does not believe his phone was hacked by an individual, but more likely a government. Hmm, we know Trumps deep admiration for WAPO and Bezos.... this going anywhere? 

BTW, this is oerfect

The Washington Post vs the National Enquirer... who will win the battle of the media er, giants?

And nude selfies of Bezos? ?

Welp, I am quite sure the National Enquirer made Bezos take nude selfies and have an affair with a married newswoman. *nods head* Sounds legit. 

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Washington Post vs the National Enquirer... who will win the battle of the media er, giants?

And nude selfies of Bezos? ?

Welp, I am quite sure the National Enquirer made Bezos take nude selfies and have an affair with a married newswoman. *nods head* Sounds legit. 

Well, he never claimed the pictures and text were not real or he was somehow set up or they were just lockeroom talk, he owned up to them as honorable man would?

but this post post is a great read

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no-thank-you-mr-*****-146e3922310f

” I am just gunna turn this log over and see what crawls out”

hmm, Trump and Packer best buds , Trump hates Besos, Bezos believes a government was involved in getting his private pictures, Packers agreeemnt with the feds only good if he does not commit another crime, extortion like this may be a crime.... 

get ylur popcorn, this may make the mess in VA seem like child’s play real soon. 

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, he never claimed the pictures and text were not real or he was somehow set up or they were just lockeroom talk, he owned up to them as honorable man would?

hmm, Trump and Packer best buds , Trump hates Besos, Bezos believes a government was involved in getting his private pictures, Packers agreeemnt with the feds only good if he does not commit another crime, extortion like this may be a crime.... 

get ylur popcorn, this may make the mess in VA seem like child’s play real soon. 

Where were you when Sean Taylor's murder needed solving?

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, he never claimed the pictures and text were not real or he was somehow set up or they were just lockeroom talk, he owned up to them as honorable man would

Yeah, he's getting ahead of the story.  Can't really blame him. If I were as stupid as he's been in my personal life, I'd try and get ahead of it too.

If I am the National Enquirer, all those photos go to press the next issue.  If they are public, they are not blackmail material.  But what do I know? I'm not in the "news" media. 

Edited to add: IMO it is more likely his mistress' husband sent the photos to the National Enquirer. But WTH? A big government conspiracy sounds better!

Edited by Buffalo_Gal