The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Northam takes page out of Trump playbook, now says not him and prove it is!

Just a day late...need to follow Trump to the T and never admit to anything..even it it is on video or in a photo!!!!!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/northam-says-he-is-not-in-racist-yearbook-photo-and-wont-resign-virginia-dem-says-despite-widespread-calls-for-him-to-go

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

That would be a moderate leftist view. I think a more centerist / moderate would view it as the Democrats trying to play by different rules and continuing to shape the narrative of acceptable behavior and "right me, wrong for you" hypocrisy

You just need common sense to see what they're doing.  Doesn't matter where you fall on the political spectrum. Democrats are pretending to hold a moral high ground with the "me too" movement and trying to link the Repubican party to white supremacists.  They're full of it though with Ellison and Menendez.  Keith Ellison isn't that well known nationally to call to resign and Bob Menendez was more of a white collar crime (not a hot topic at the momemnt) that he was probably guity of even though he wasn't convicted.

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST: 

McClatchy, following Buzzfeed, Vice, and Others, to Lay off 450.

McClatchy’s move follows cuts at the online news outlet BuzzFeed, which last week gave pink slips to 200 employees including the national security staff, and 800 people in the media division of Verizon — the phone company that owns Yahoo, HuffPost, and TechCrunch. Gannett is letting go of 400, and Vice Media this morning announced the layoff of 10 percent of its staff.

“We are changing the size of the workforce to align with the revenue,” says Jeanne Segal, McClatchy’s director of public relations and communications.

McClatchy, to differentiate, is/was a real news outfit, and less biased than many.

• Like (+1) 1

We have arrived at Super Bowl Sunday in 2019, and this is where we are.

From the Daily Beast: The Patriots are the team of white nationalists.

Their star quarterback, coach, and owner all supported Trump. But that’s not the only thing that makes the Patriots the preferred team of white nationalists https://trib.al/DAdZP9m 

Head.

Desk.

This passes for “journalism”? Who at the Daily Beast would let this appear? The media truly doesn’t understand how it continues to undermine itself.

Why, are they also supported by the Virginia Democratic Party or something?....:lol:

Screen-Shot-2019-02-02-at-6.29.39-PM-600

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

We have arrived at Super Bowl Sunday in 2019, and this is where we are.

From the Daily Beast: The Patriots are the team of white nationalists.

Head.

Desk.

This passes for “journalism”? Who at the Daily Beast would let this appear? The media truly doesn’t understand how it continues to undermine itself.

As if the Daily Beast couldn't get worse... now they are going to make me defend the ***** P*triots? 

Prog-fascism rots the brains of otherwise sane people.

• Like (+1) 5

President Trump gave a strong interview on "Face the Nation."

Here's the video and transcript. I'll just highlight the way he handled the challenges about race. The interviewer, Margaret Brennan, tries 3 times to get him to speak in terms of whether he is "sensitive," and he never takes that bait. His strategy is to respond to questions by immediately forefronting something he has accomplished:
MARGARET BRENNAN: Talking about the- the kneeling position you've taken and the controversy around it. Do you think that the players who did kneel had a point? I mean did you- are you sensitive at all to players like Colin Kaepernick, who- who point out that the majority of victims of police violence are black?

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: Well, you know, I'm the one that had passed judicial reform. And if you look at what I did, criminal judicial reform, and what I've done- President Obama tried. They all tried. Everybody wanted to do it. And I got it done and I've been, you know, really- a lot of people in the NFL have been calling and thanking me for it.... They have been calling and thanking, you know, that people have been trying to get that taken care of and it's now signed into law and affects tremendous numbers of people, and very good people. I think that when you want to protest I think that's great. But I don't think you do it at the sake of our flag, at the sake of our national anthem. Absolutely.

MARGARET BRENNAN: But you are- do I understand you saying there though, that you still are sensitive though? I mean you- you understand the motivation for the protest ...  though you don't like the form of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

REMINDER, for those who keep repeating that we are all "in love" with The Donald, and how could you have voted for such an uncouth and obvious bloward

As Glenn has written, Trump is “a symptom of how rottenly dysfunctional our sorry political class is.

Take away Trump and they’re just as awful and destructive.

He just brings their awfulness to the fore, where it’s no longer ignorable.

Now they’re willing to play with fire, risking the future of the polity over little more than hurt feelings, in a way that would have been unthinkable not long ago.”

He’s “not the cause of Washington’s decline.

He’s a symptom, the wrecking ball that many Americans think was required.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

FTA:

Superintendent Eddie Johnson:

“We are making gains in the investigation and hopefully we’ll bring it to a successful resolution soon.”

Pardon some of Chicago’s Finest if they’re raising their eyebrows at Johnson’s announcement. For example, Second City Cop, a blog run by an anonymous Chicago police officer, doesn’t buy it. In a post from February 2, Cop reported a couple of detectives who are working the case have concluded:

“It never happened. CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad. The “victim” is refusing all forms of cooperation, his “ear witness” isn’t cooperating, the Hollywood press is running with a non-existent narrative. The “persons of interest” are all but unidentifiable and left the area 20 minutes before the “attack,” not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a “hillbilly looking” character that not a single camera in a one mile radius has a picture of.”

I’m not sure of what happened, of course, but this case is so deep in the Twilight Zone that I’m definitely not buying the tale Jussie Smollett has spun. Meanwhile, we’re barely into February, and already there are four people shot and killed in Chicago, with another 19 wounded — just for this month. And the 2018 homicide clearance rate clocked inat just shy of 16% solved. But it’s more important to solve an alleged “hate crime” that — like fish — stinks more and more the longer it hangs around. But hey — priorities, right?

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

FTA:

Superintendent Eddie Johnson:

“We are making gains in the investigation and hopefully we’ll bring it to a successful resolution soon.”

Pardon some of Chicago’s Finest if they’re raising their eyebrows at Johnson’s announcement. For example, Second City Cop, a blog run by an anonymous Chicago police officer, doesn’t buy it. In a post from February 2, Cop reported a couple of detectives who are working the case have concluded:

“It never happened. CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad. The “victim” is refusing all forms of cooperation, his “ear witness” isn’t cooperating, the Hollywood press is running with a non-existent narrative. The “persons of interest” are all but unidentifiable and left the area 20 minutes before the “attack,” not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a “hillbilly looking” character that not a single camera in a one mile radius has a picture of.”

I’m not sure of what happened, of course, but this case is so deep in the Twilight Zone that I’m definitely not buying the tale Jussie Smollett has spun. Meanwhile, we’re barely into February, and already there are four people shot and killed in Chicago, with another 19 wounded — just for this month. And the 2018 homicide clearance rate clocked inat just shy of 16% solved. But it’s more important to solve an alleged “hate crime” that — like fish — stinks more and more the longer it hangs around. But hey — priorities, right?

The Grindr date was the "unconfirmed" rumor from almost the second this came out. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad.

21 hours ago, B-Man said:

not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a “hillbilly looking” character

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Grindr date was the "unconfirmed" rumor from almost the second this came out. 

grindr date gone bad

hillbilly looking character in the area

we have to cover all the bases here.  was that you in chicago boyst?

• Sad 1