The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

It is a hoax....................but (as usual), the Left does not care

"Hey fellow white Trump supporter, I suggest we go out late at night in arctic temperatures in deep Blue Chicago with rope and bleach in case we run into a supporting actor on 'Empire' and attack him yelling 'MAGA' because of course that sounds plausible."

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Hey fellow white Trump supporter, I suggest we go out late at night in arctic temperatures in deep Blue Chicago with rope and bleach in case we run into a supporting actor on 'Empire' and attack him yelling 'MAGA' because of course that sounds plausible."

go for it in -60 windchill

39 minutes ago, Foxx said:

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I've watched this story grow today from "mugged" to "assaulted by Trump supporters" to "had a noose put around his neck by white supremacists in ski masks wearing MAGA hats."

At this rate, I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning hearing he was sold by smirking teenagers to a rich white guy in Alabama and forced to pick cotton against his will.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I've watched this story grow today from "mugged" to "assaulted by Trump supporters" to "had a noose put around his neck by white supremacists in ski masks wearing MAGA hats."

At this rate, I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning hearing he was sold by smirking teenagers to a rich white guy in Alabama and forced to pick cotton against his will.  

So I didn't see this morning that he was forced to pick cotton.

I did see people blaming Trump, though.

14 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Couldn’t have gone with the old “The dog ate my homework“ saw in these days, now could he. 

Paper of Record ?

As @benshapiro wrote, about a big New York Times piece on this last fall:

“The Times admits that the Left has routinely ignored anti-Semitism in the city thanks to its inability to formulate a narrative blaming the Right.

On Wednesday, The New York Times ran a story about rising anti-Semitism in the city. That story noted some points that seem to have gone by the wayside for years. The article reveals that Jews are by far the most targeted group in New York:

Contrary to what are surely the prevailing assumptions, anti-Semitic incidents have constituted half of all hate crimes in New York this year, according to the Police Department. To put that figure in context, there have been four times as many crimes motivated by bias against Jews — 142 in all — as there have against blacks. Hate crimes against Jews have outnumbered hate crimes targeted at transgender people by a factor of 20.

The story also reveals that hate crimes against Jews in New York City aren’t coming from white supremacists, but from people driven by other motives:

During the past 22 months, not one person caught or identified as the aggressor in an anti-Semitic hate crime has been associated with a far right-wing group, Mark Molinari, commanding officer of the police department’s Hate Crimes Task Force, told me.

Those motives range from racial hatred to religious hatred. But the Times story reveals far more than that. The Times admits that the Left has routinely ignored anti-Semitism in the city thanks to its inability to formulate a narrative blaming the Right. The Times explains:

If anti-Semitism bypasses consideration as a serious problem in New York, it is to some extent because it refuses to conform to an easy narrative with a single ideological enemy.

Now, why wouldn’t you cover a spate of anti-Semitism coming from a variety of different groups? Only for political reasons, as the Times then admits:

In fact, it is the varied backgrounds of people who commit hate crimes in the city that make combating and talking about anti-Semitism in New York much harder….bias stemming from longstanding ethnic tensions in the city presents complexities that many liberals have chosen simply to ignore….When a Hasidic man or woman is attacked by anyone in New York City, mainstream progressive advocacy groups do not typically send out emails calling for concern and fellowship and candlelight vigils in Union Square, as they often do when individuals are harmed in New York because of their race or ethnicity or how they identify in terms of gender or sexual orientation.

In other words, Jews don’t fit the intersectional classification necessary in order to receive narrative attention from either the mainstream media or from progressive groups. Orthodox Jews, who are often the targets of anti-Semitic attacks, aren’t seen as victims; their victimizers, who aren’t conservatives and who can’t be linked with conservatives, aren’t seen as victimizers

More at the link: https://www.dailywire.com/news/37888/new-york-times-just-made-stunning-admission-about-ben-shapiro

21 hours ago, DC Tom said:

WHAT’S THE FREQUENCY, JUSSIE?