The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

The Democrats continue to blame President Trump for the ongoing partial shutdown of the federal government over his demand for more than $5 billion for construction of a border wall and increased security measures, but Rep. Steny Hoyer was reminded who could end it immediately. Hoyer then served up the Dem spin on that question:

Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD) gets called out by CNBC for the government shutdown: Democrats “could open the government any time… they just care about making a political point.”

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I took you as an avid watcher of "The View".

I know there are two of them, one with Whoopi and one with the girl from Roseanne. I do find Ozzie’s wife still kinda hot though. And the woman who hosted big brother was attractive as hell too, but she was married to Moonvees and had to scadaddle of the network!

True fact, in terms of lighthearted shows, Hoda Kotb is a sorority sister of my wife’s! She is still close with quite a few of them... and teallybis as nice in person as she is on TV. 

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I know there are two of them, one with Whoopi and one with the girl from Roseanne. I do find Ozzie’s wife still kinda hot though. And the woman who hosted big brother was attractive as hell too, but she was married to Moonvees and had to scadaddle of the network!

True fact, in terms of lighthearted shows, Hoda Kotb is a sorority sister of my wife’s! She is still close with quite a few of them... and teallybis as nice in person as she is on TV. 

This is the first thing you've ever said in all your time posting that's made me physically recoil. :lol: :beer: 

15 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Leftists losing their mind.

That tweet is a bit hyperbolic. The congresswoman said nothing of eliminating all people of color from America. It's fair to say she implied that Trump's goal was to keep out as many brown folks as possible. Not quite sure why this Starbuck character felt the need to stretch the truth in order to make a point. 

It's an especially bad look when you're calling someone out for lying.

Edited by LSHMEAB

51 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That tweet is a bit hyperbolic. The congresswoman said nothing of eliminating all people of color from America. It's fair to say she implied that Trump's goal was to keep out as many brown folks as possible. Not quite sure why this Starbuck character felt the need to stretch the truth in order to make a point. 

You should listen to that again. She also lied about Trump being able to make a good wall deal a year ago. The dems backed away from a done deal when a federal judge decided to unconstitutionally restrict Trump from voiding an Obama EO. Get your info correct.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is the first thing you've ever said in all your time posting that's made me physically recoil. :lol: :beer: 

Last week he mentioned that he could imagine that a younger Nancy Pelosi was probably kind of hot. I swear someone stole his TBD account.

#plenzmid1tbdpasswordmatters!

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Watch it again. She said Trump's "ultimate goal is, as you said, to make America pure in the sense of not having immigrants here...not have folks of color here..."

In other words, eliminating all people of color from America, as Starbucks commented. She didn't say 'keep out as many as possible.'

It's ridiculous and embarrassing and I LOVE this meltdown almost more than wings.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You should listen to that again. She also lied about Trump being able to make a good wall deal a year ago. The dems backed away from a done deal when a federal judge decided to unconstitutionally restrict Trump from voiding an Obama EO. Get your info correct.

I listened. Nowhere did I hear anything about eliminating all people of color. I heard a clear implication from the lady that Trump wants to build the wall in order to stop the brown's from expanding their population. Just noting that the tweet itself was hyperbole, which isn't particularly effective when you're challenging someone's veracity.

No big deal. I'm not a fan of intellectual dishonesty from either side of the political spectrum, but some things will NEVER change. It's human nature to spin in order to suit a narrative. As you noted, whatsherface on Hayes show also bent the truth regarding the previous wall deal.

I listened. Nowhere did I hear anything about eliminating all people of color. I heard a clear implication from the lady that Trump wants to build the wall in order to stop the brown's from expanding their population.

I don't know man, I heard her say "his (Trump) ultimate goal is to make America (air quotes) pure in the sense of not having immigrants, not having folks of color here, shutting down every form a legal immigration."

What am I missing?

I listened. Nowhere did I hear anything about eliminating all people of color. I heard a clear implication from the lady that Trump wants to build the wall in order to stop the brown's from expanding their population. 

She didn't say not having folks of color expanding here. She said "...not having folks of color here."

Period.

End of thought. 

Let's try it with crayons: you're out to dinner and tell the waiter you don't want vegetables on your plate. He comes back with your dinner, and on your plate is a piece of broccoli. You point to your plate and say "Hey, I said I didn't want any vegetables here." The waiter says "Oh, I heard a clear implication that you didn't want extra vegetables."

That's how stupid your argument sounds.

It's not worth any more discussion. Either way, the left is unhinged, no matter the semantics.

14 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know man, I heard her say "his (Trump) ultimate goal is to make America (air quotes) pure in the sense of not having immigrants, not having folks of color here, shutting down every form a legal immigration."

What am I missing?

The final quote where she said "shutting down every form of legal immigration." In the context of building a wall, the implication is that Trump wants to keep brown people out. It's a reach to state that she said Trump's goal is to eliminate people of color. I was nitpicking the tweet because it seems hyperbolic, especially whilst questioning someone else's veracity. Everyone will view things through their own lens so it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Wings was a mildly amusing 90's sitcom. There's much better programming out there today.

I don't swing by this way much anymore, but this is blasphemy. Lowell(Thomas Hayden Church) and Antonio(dude from Monk who's name I can never spell) were two of the greatest TV characters of all time. Period. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

The final quote where she said "shutting down every form of legal immigration." In the context of building a wall, the implication is that Trump wants to keep brown people out. It's a reach to state that she said Trump's goal is to eliminate people of color. I was nitpicking the tweet because it seems hyperbolic, especially whilst questioning someone else's veracity. Everyone will view things through their own lens so it is what it is. 

I wasn't going by the tweet.  I watched the video and transcribed what she said.

"his (Trump) ultimate goal is to make America (air quotes) pure in the sense of not having immigrants, not having folks of color here "

That's what she said and I didn't quote her out of context.  I include the whole thing.  Not having people of color here. This is to help make America "pure".  What do you take that to mean?

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I wasn't going by the tweet.  I watched the video and transcribed what she said.

"his (Trump) ultimate goal is to make America (air quotes) pure in the sense of not having immigrants, not having folks of color here "

That's what she said and I didn't quote her out of context.  I include the whole thing.  Not having people of color here. This is to help make America "pure".  What do you take that to mean?

I take it to mean not having people COME HERE, especially since we're talking about a wall. But I'll cede. It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1