The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

44 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so, get some freaking conservatives attractive enough to attract the opposite sex..simple. 

Jesus, you ultra right folks so easily offended, it is comical sometimes. 

Another funny thing, just saw this study on my feeed

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-two-groups-spread-the-most-fake-news-on-facebook-2019-01-09?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Hmm, ultra-conservatives spread more fake news than any group other than old farts...shocking. Amazing how the lemmings can be fleeced into parroting what some idiot on the interwebs post....

What have I posted to make you think I'm an ultra-right anything?

The fact that I find the left in this country to be a mindless group of thin-skinned hypocrites isn't an ultra right thing. It's a thinking person's thing.  And we use a lot of words to describe leftists, but 'thinking' is most certainly not one of them.

Hypocrites mostly. Mindless often. Sheep always.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

so, get some freaking conservatives attractive enough to attract the opposite sex..simple. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-two-groups-spread-the-most-fake-news-on-facebook-2019-01-09?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Hmm, ultra-conservatives spread more fake news than any group other than old farts...shocking. Amazing how the lemmings can be fleeced into parroting what some idiot on the interwebs post....

Of course, that also depends to some degree on who's defining "fake news."

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

gee, wonder if the words "witch hunt" and "fake news " appear on the right wings twitter.facebbok etc. Really, yall are crying about coordinated talking points? Pot calling kettle #1, sissified nation #2. 

of course its not..they have all been instructed this is the playbook we use..you really dont think coordinated talking points are a method both parties use? Trump has perfected it. Fake news was sure a common phrase pre Trump...jesus, want to talk about lemmings who can't think for themselves.

Do you know who coined the phrase "fake news", and in what context?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

No sir...before the dangerous and vilified old conservative folks who dare to have opinions and share them, you got Zuck and the gang dealing from the deck in a decidedly non-organic way:

https://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

who the hell knows what else they got cooked into the algorithm before the "news" hits the streets? 

As for Princeton, a relatively recent story surfaced about a faculty member expressing concern about the lack of intellectual diversity when it came to the study of conservatism. If he is to be believed, the entirety of the cited survey is suspect. To boot, the Harvard prof quoted....one must wonder about his street cred given the accusation of systemic bias against certain ethnic groups that has been the subject of litigation.  What did he know, and when? 

10 hours ago, westside said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence they all used the words vanity project. I use it all the time. Who doesn't?

2qsnke.jpg

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

FUHIU-VZ.jpg

Kat Timpf

image.jpg

Tomi Lahren

mary-katharine-ham-net-worth-415-415.jpe

Mary Katherine Ham

Katie-Pavlich-01.jpg

Katie Pavlich

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVmt2hYsVEioPImajcHmp

Dana Perino

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

2qsnke.jpg

FUHIU-VZ.jpg

Kat Timpf

image.jpg

Tomi Lahren

mary-katharine-ham-net-worth-415-415.jpe

Mary Katherine Ham

Katie-Pavlich-01.jpg

Katie Pavlich

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVmt2hYsVEioPImajcHmp

Dana Perino

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/22/why-conservative-women-are-so-pretty/

Three years ago I attended the Conservative Political Action Conference and was struck by something I later concluded was probably a figment of my imagination. This year I returned, and, rather than having my recollection dispelled, it was confirmed.

The young women who attend CPAC are spectacular. No kidding: What’s up with this concentration of incredibly attractive young, conservative women? It’s noticeable and remarkable. They are beautiful and stylish in the way French women often are, which is to say in their own way, not in a conforming or predictable way. They all look like the girl the high school quarterback wants to date, and they are confident, relaxed, and smart, joking amongst themselves.

Now, for a Woman’s Explanation

Does that explain it? Maybe. It made some sense to me, but didn’t sit well. Implying they embrace conservative views only because they have nothing to lose diminishes the very real accomplishments of these young women, and those of the men, all of whom seem to be warriors for the cause, possessing an inchoate nobility and clear courage that might serve as nothing less than the lifeblood of a better future.

Implying they embrace conservative views only because they have nothing to lose diminishes the very real accomplishments of these young women and men.

It is, indeed, so insulting as to be, for that very reason, unlikely to be true about people who are otherwise so clearly driven by a fullness of character. Or, even if it’s true in part, it is probably not the primary causality: These impressive young people would undoubtedly find their way to this place, anyway.

I sought counsel from my wife. She is European. She spent many years living in Paris and Brussels. I like it when people ask me if English is her second language, so I can say, “No, it’s her fifth.” I told her I was working on this piece, searching for an explanation. I told her that the young women of CPAC reminded me of the women you see on the boulevards of Paris, and I asked her why women over there were so famously stylish.

Women of great traditional beauty, but also those who would not be described that way, all had the ability to move through the world with manifest and undeniable élan, self-confidence, and personal style, some of the ingredients of a world-renowned attractiveness, so much so that it has been remarked upon for centuries. Her answer was immediate, as if it was obvious, or should be. “It’s because they enjoy being a woman. And they’re glad they’re not men.”

Oh. Maybe it’s that simple.

16 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

..you really dont think coordinated talking points are a method both parties use? Trump has perfected it.

You're the first person in history to use "Trump," "coordinated," and "talking" together.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Leftists losing their mind.

If your goal is to paint Trump as an the greatest unhinged liar in the US, you might not want to give him competition for the title...

• Like (+1) 2