The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They will after tonight.

It's also just one of several EO's on the issue he has issued:

October: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-taking-action-end-human-trafficking/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-is-taking-bold-action-to-combat-the-evil-of-human-trafficking/2018/11/29/3e21685c-f411-11e8-80d0-f7e1948d55f4_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ba84c259cb36

Read the thread in here on that EO and you'll see this is not an accurate statement. I'll find it and link it, it was from Dec 17 or Jan 18.

:beer: I did and am not trying to be a dick or argumentative, just continuing the conversation. Trafficking has been a number one agenda for this administration from day one. The need for the wall has less to do with immigration and more to do with trafficking. They are connected, and the political messaging has been all over the board - but if you go by actions then it's clear this is the main push by this administration for the wall. 

And the table has been properly set to declare a national emergency, with human trafficking being the primary reason along the southern border, in conjunction with the several other EO's and actions taken since they took office. 

Far from being argumentative or a dick, this is the stuff I think makes this forum fun and informative.

Now to be argumentative....

The WAPO link above is bylined  by Ivanka...just saying.( I am encouraged you used as reference a WAPO opinion piece, however!)

Having said that, the article references the Trafficking in Persons report, and what the Trump Administration is doing to combat Tier 3 countries. All good work and we hope has desired effects.

But Mexico is not on that list as a Tier 3 , so do not see how that relates to a National Emergency on the Southern Border.,,hence no table set except for folks who will accept everything Trump says at face value. Again, no mention of a National Emergency at the southern border till a few days ago in the midst of this political fight.

57 minutes ago, B-Man said:

What really surprises me is that NBC News could very easily decide to be more adult and accurate and truthful and factual, and leave the histrionics to MSNBC.

But no...somebody at NBC Universal seems to believe that MSNBC's 24/7 "All Crazy, All The Time" format needs to be on 48 hours a day.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What really surprises me is that NBC News could very easily decide to be more adult and accurate and truthful and factual, and leave the histrionics to MSNBC.

But no...somebody at NBC Universal seems to believe that MSNBC's 24/7 "All Crazy, All The Time" format needs to be on 48 hours a day.

It does seem that CNBC somehow is more truthful than the rest of the family.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh wait, you really think that spin will work ?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah

What is it with the media and douchebag headlines? Schooled, shredded, destroyed, blasts, etc....

its like Jeff Spicolli has authority over final copy

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Far from being argumentative or a dick, this is the stuff I think makes this forum fun and informative.

The WAPO link above is bylined  by Ivanka...just saying.( I am encouraged you used as reference a WAPO opinion piece, however!)

Having said that, the article references the Trafficking in Persons report, and what the Trump Administration is doing to combat Tier 3 countries. All good work and we hope has desired effects.

But Mexico is not on that list as a Tier 3 , so do not see how that relates to a National Emergency on the Southern Border.,,hence no table set except for folks who will accept everything Trump says at face value. Again, no mention of a National Emergency at the southern border till a few days ago in the midst of this political fight.

Less than a year ago I made a very detailed post on these boards outlining the very real, very massive, human trafficking and child sex slavery realities on our southern border, but I can't seem to find it.  I included tons of data, all fully sourced; and it now seems to be gone.

I conducted a search for the phrase "human trafficking" under my user name, and only four instances of me using that phrase were returned.

I think anyone here who knows my posting history would find that very suspicious.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Less than a year ago I made a very detailed post on these boards outlining the very real, very massive, human trafficking and child sex slavery realities on our southern border, but I can't seem to find it.  I included tons of data, all fully sourced; and it now seems to be gone.

I conducted a search for the phrase "human trafficking" under my user name, and only four instances of me using that phrase were returned.

I think anyone here who knows my posting history would find that very suspicious.

Mandela Effect.

It never existed.  You were implanted with false memory.  See @Deranged Rhino

/smh

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

12 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I found it through an off-site web search.  I'm guessing SDS chose to limit the depth of intra-site searches for some reason or another.

I encourage you to read it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I found it through an off-site web search.  I'm guessing SDS chose to limit the depth of intra-site searches for some reason or another.

Actually, it's more along the lines of the search function really, really sucks.  Started with the last major board update.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Y'know, I want to ensure our leftist friends here like Tibs, Peace Out, Coach Tuesday, etc. that when we mock liberals for their inability to have original thought, these are the moments that support that reality. 

Orchestrated messages not to lift and encourage, but to tear down and disrupt. It's not a message for Americans. It's a message for their own survival, perfectly timed and released wherever audio meets video meets media meets corporate.

And each of you follows along mindlessly; a snowflake in sheep's clothing. You should all be embarrassed by this type of stuff, but you're too damn brain dead to realize why.

Refute this. Go ahead.

We'll wait.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Actually, it's more along the lines of the search function really, really sucks.  Started with the last major board update.

see, i thought that was just me being an idiot ...good to see it was just not my ability to understand the search function!

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Y'know, I want to ensure our leftist friends here like Tibs, Peace Out, Coach Tuesday, etc. that when we mock liberals for their inability to have original thought, these are the moments that support that reality. 

Orchestrated messages not to lift and encourage, but to tear down and disrupt. It's not a message for Americans. It's a message for their own survival, perfectly timed and released wherever audio meets video meets media meets corporate.

And each of you follows along mindlessly; a snowflake in sheep's clothing. You should all be embarrassed by this type of stuff, but you're too damn brain dead to realize why.

Refute this. Go ahead.

We'll wait.

having trouble following the tweet...but if you are saying Trump and the GOP do not coordinate talking points and messages...and that all parties have not been doing that since time started ..

I truly dont know what you and @Deranged Rhinoare driving at here

7 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I truly dont know what you and @Deranged Rhinoare driving at here

Coordinated messages have been around for years. But you will NEVER find examples of GOP speakers hitting airwaves and social media like the left because the left dominates both.

Start with this old clip from when Obama was president, and it will start to get a little clearer. See who's listed:

• ABC News Exec. Producer
  • CBS President
  • CNN President
  • NBC President
  • ABC News Correspondent
  • ABS New and Univision Reporter

See their direct ties to the Democratic Party.

DwgFMhhX0AAPp2a.jpg

Now watch it live, in action...first CNN.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Then NBC

View image on Twitter

Then CBS

View image on Twitter

Tomorrow's editorials will be filled with "vanity project."

Everywhere.

And the leftists will nod and repeat on social media and everyone's Twitter/Facebook feeds with "Yes, vanity project. Yes, master, vanity project. Vanity project. Yes, master."

No ability for original thought. No ability to do anything but repeat what they're told to repeat.

And for the record, if the GOP was even remotely as good and in control of this as the left is, Trump would NEVER be president.

The left got him elected. Now they're trying to fix their mistake.

Making more sense now?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Coordinated messages have been around for years. But you will NEVER find examples of GOP speakers hitting airwaves and social media like the left because the left dominates both.

Start with this old clip from when Obama was president, and it will start to get a little clearer. See who's listed:

• ABC News Exec. Producer
  • CBS President
  • CNN President
  • NBC President
  • ABC News Correspondent
  • ABS New and Univision Reporter

See their direct ties to the Democratic Party.

DwgFMhhX0AAPp2a.jpg

Now watch it live, in action...first CNN.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Then NBC

View image on Twitter

Then CBS

View image on Twitter

Tomorrow's editorials will be filled with "vanity project."

Everywhere.

And the leftists will nod and repeat on social media and everyone's Twitter/Facebook feeds with "Yes, vanity project. Yes, master, vanity project. Vanity project. Yes, master."

No ability for original thought. No ability to do anything but repeat what they're told to repeat.

And for the record, if the GOP was even remotely as good and in control of this as the left is, Trump would NEVER be president.

The left got him elected. Now they're trying to fix their mistake.

Making more sense now?

gee, wonder if the words "witch hunt" and "fake news " appear on the right wings twitter.facebbok etc. Really, yall are crying about coordinated talking points? Pot calling kettle #1, sissified nation #2. 

17 minutes ago, westside said:

I'm sure it's just a coincidence they all used the words vanity project. I use it all the time. Who doesn't?

of course its not..they have all been instructed this is the playbook we use..you really dont think coordinated talking points are a method both parties use? Trump has perfected it. Fake news was sure a common phrase pre Trump...jesus, want to talk about lemmings who can't think for themselves.

Edited by plenzmd1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

gee, wonder if the words "witch hunt" and "fake news " appear on the right wings twitter.facebbok etc. Really, yall are crying about coordinated talking points? Pot calling kettle #1, sissified nation #2. 

Please break down the direct marital ties the GOP has to CBS, CNN, NBC, ABC executives, presidents, producers, etc.

Then break down the times that those stations promote and don't challenge ANYONE who uses the term 'witch hunt' and 'fake news.'

It's amazing to me how badly you're missing the point of all this. Truly amazing.

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Please break down the direct marital ties the GOP has to CBS, CNN, NBC, ABC executives, presidents, producers, etc.

Then break down the times that those stations promote and don't challenge ANYONE who uses the term 'witch hunt' and 'fake news.'

It's amazing to me how badly you're missing the point of all this. Truly amazing.

so, get some freaking conservatives attractive enough to attract the opposite sex..simple. 

Jesus, you ultra right folks so easily offended, it is comical sometimes. 

Another funny thing, just saw this study on my feeed

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these-two-groups-spread-the-most-fake-news-on-facebook-2019-01-09?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

Hmm, ultra-conservatives spread more fake news than any group other than old farts...shocking. Amazing how the lemmings can be fleeced into parroting what some idiot on the interwebs post....