The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

New York Times: Daughters of foot doctor say he diagnosed Trump with bone spurs as 'favor' to Fred Trump

Dr. Larry Braunstein, a podiatrist who died in 2007, often told the story of providing Donald Trump with the diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels so he could be exempt from military service, his two daughters -- Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel -- told the New York Times.

"If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and (Fred) Trump would take care of it immediately," she told The Times.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-bone-spurs-vietnam-war/index.html

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It.........................Doesn't .........................matter 

We knew who Trump was when we voted for him over the DC elite.

between 1964 and 1973, the draft raised 2,215,000 men for military service (in the U.S., Southeast Asia, West Germany, and elsewhere).

https://www.quora.com/How-many-people-were-in-the-Vietnam-war-draft

Over 58,000 soldiers died in Vietnam; 350,000 were wounded.

Maybe it matters to these Americans

25% (648,500) of total forces in country were draftees

Draftees accounted for 30.4% (17,725) of combat deaths in Vietnam.

http://history-world.org/vietnam_war_statistics.htm

Edited by ALF

Just now, ALF said:

between 1964 and 1973, the draft raised 2,215,000 men for military service (in the U.S., Southeast Asia, West Germany, and elsewhere).

https://www.quora.com/How-many-people-were-in-the-Vietnam-war-draft

Over 58,000 soldiers died in Vietnam; 350,000 were wounded.

Maybe it matters to these Americans

If it did, it would have showed in the results of the election in 16. Everyone knew who Trump was and he still gets his largest support from military families. 

This is TDS run amok. Thinking this matters or will move the needle is desperation masked by faux outrage. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

New York Times: Daughters of foot doctor say he diagnosed Trump with bone spurs as 'favor' to Fred Trump

Dr. Larry Braunstein, a podiatrist who died in 2007, often told the story of providing Donald Trump with the diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels so he could be exempt from military service, his two daughters -- Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel -- told the New York Times.

"If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and (Fred) Trump would take care of it immediately," she told The Times.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-bone-spurs-vietnam-war/index.html

You left this out of your copy/paste:

"The Times did not find documentation to help corroborate the family's account, who described themselves as Democrats who dislike Trump, and Elysa Braunstein was unsure whether her father ever examined Donald Trump."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

HELPING THE AP GET IT STRAIGHT

Michael Doran retweets Omri Ceren’s correction of the AP (below) with the comment: “In order to fuel its attacks on Trump, the press is actively, constantly rewriting the history of Obama’s Iran concessions. You can see it in real time below.” We are suffocating in media lies and Orwellian revision of recent history. It is exceedingly difficult to keep the facts straight. Orwell himself put it this way: “To see what is in front of one’s nose needs a constant struggle.” The AP makes it all but impossible.

DvV5mwbXQAAF2jZ.jpgDvV5n70WsAAupa0.jpg

Aug 18, 2016: AP reporter gets Obama spokesman to admit on camera that $1.7 billion they gave Iran was quid pro quo for hostages.

Dec 25, 2018: AP publishes factcheck saying Trump is "recycling familiar fictions" by tweeting money was a quid pro quo for hostages.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You left this out of your copy/paste:

"The Times did not find documentation to help corroborate the family's account, who described themselves as Democrats who dislike Trump, and Elysa Braunstein was unsure whether her father ever examined Donald Trump."

While I would not completely deny the possibility of wanting to avoid military service altogether there would have been a few ways for Sr Trump to help Donald avoid the combat areas without involving a doctor.  So I question that a given doctor would have been the only gatekeeper in such a matter.  I've heard of people serving very "lite" time while in the military back then.  Even people who lacked connections found ways to avoid combat if they were proactive such as joining the Air Force or Navy with the intention of becoming some kind of support personnel away from combat areas.  That did not work for everybody but you stood a good chance if you did not sit around waiting for your draft notice.

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump just ruined the media's week: 

1) stock market breaks a record 

2) he is visiting troops. 

All the stories they had lined up are now frantically being rewritten. 

The comedy never ends. 

? So you are giving Trump credit for the stock market. So typical. When I goes up it’s Trump, when I goes down,  it’s someone else.

The only thing Trump did was leave the country, so he may have helped a little.