The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

Does SI not see that these two women are not the same?

Sports Illustrated chose Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault while the two were in high school, to present the magazine’s Inspiration of the Year award to Rachael Denhollander, the gymnast who was the first to publicly speak against Larry Nassar, former doctor for USA Gymnastics.

That’s right. Sports Illustrated just dropped a political bomb that links Kavanaugh to a convicted serial child molester:

My problem with this is equating Rachael Denhollander with Dr. Ford in any way. Nassar should rot in eternal hell. He was convicted. Denhollander showed tremendous courage by speaking out. However, the evidence does not support Ford’s accusations against Kavanaugh.

4b29a7bd62bad5adbb20fe762d9dc58e86860597

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Does SI not see that these two women are not the same?

Sports Illustrated chose Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault while the two were in high school, to present the magazine’s Inspiration of the Year award to Rachael Denhollander, the gymnast who was the first to publicly speak against Larry Nassar, former doctor for USA Gymnastics.

That’s right. Sports Illustrated just dropped a political bomb that links Kavanaugh to a convicted serial child molester:

So it is now been confirmed that the Senate Hearing to confirm Justice Kavanaugh was a sporting event for the left.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

They were both brave enough to accuse men of raping them.  How are they any different?  

Wrong. Christine Ford accused Kavanaugh of feeling her up some 35 years ago. Rachael was not much more than a child when she was raped.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Wrong. Christine Ford accused Kavanaugh of feeling her up some 35 years ago. Rachael was not much more than a child when she was raped.

No ***** ***** it's wrong.  But that's the liberal position I'm parroting: there's no difference between the heroism of the women making the accusation.

While I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to snap a photo of President Trump that would be an exclusive, my photos are stolen all. the. time. and I could spend my life DMCA-ing or suing for copyright violations.  Depending on how the jury finds, this "may" put an end to it from at least the "big-boys". 

Media Companies Can’t Just Steal Your Social Media Photos: Judge

“Stealing a copyrighted photograph to illustrate a news article, without adding new understanding or meaning to the work, does not transform its purpose — regardless of whether that photograph was created for commercial or personal use,” Woods writes in his decision. “It would be antithetical to the purposes of copyright protection to allow media companies to steal personal images and benefit from the fair use defense by simply inserting the photo in an article which only recites factual information — much of which can be gleaned from the photograph itself.

• Like (+1) 2

From Fox News:

President Trump has canceled the White House holiday party for the media, making the decades-old tradition a victim of his increasingly contentious relationship with major news organizations.

The annual Christmas-season gathering was a significant perk for those covering the White House, as well as other Washington reporters, anchors and commentators, and New York media executives would regularly fly in for the occasion. At its peak, the invitation-only soirees grew so large that there were two back-to-back events, one for broadcast outlets and one for print organizations.

Last year some journos boycotted the event:

MAGA

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What a coward. 

We have major negativity and anger issues in this country. And when some have said the only meddling the  Russians did was to fuel this anger I think it’s a brilliant strategy! Why waste money and resources when you can have the monster eat itself. Just look at the lack of civility of the conversations here. Hell I just had my life threatened here.  I brush it off as the ramblings of someone with major mental issues but still. We need a third party and quick. Maybe this deserved its own thread but here are a few that would get my vote just on name alone. Feel free to add your own. 

Goofballs Be Us

Happy Drunks 

We Love You Man 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We have major negativity and anger issues in this country. And when some have said the only meddling the  Russians did was to fuel this anger I think it’s a brilliant strategy! Why waste money and resources when you can have the monster eat itself. Just look at the lack of civility of the conversations here. Hell I just had my life threatened here.  I brush it off as the ramblings of someone with major mental issues but still. We need a third party and quick. Maybe this deserved its own thread but here are a few that would get my vote just on name alone. Feel free to add your own. 

Goofballs Be Us

Happy Drunks 

We Love You Man 

The Gatorman-Not-Allowed Party.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Goofballs Be Us

Happy Drunks 

We Love You Man 

Chef Dude's Fighters