The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

That story's two days old already.

Lots of people complaining that he's a threat to boys and girls at some b-ball tournament around here.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I just went back and read some of your posts from five years ago.  It's interesting reading, given where you are now.

The threads you posted in are VERY interesting reading, given where the world is now.  Topics such as: the FCC investigating how the media chooses the stories they run with.  Or Putin's annexation of the Crimea, and the policies related.  (I made the observation in that one that Putin's about five years ahead of the West's foreign policy w/r/t Russia, and he's so far inside the West's decision loop that we may as well not even have one...which is an interesting observation to revisit after the 2016 elections...)

DR has lightened up considerably over the years. Five years ago he was bordering on being a SJW. I don't remember the specifics but I know we got into a prolonged discussion/argument about racial issues that I know we wouldn't have today. He's probably always been a good guy but the way he has stepped up on different issues over the years has made me an admirer.

‘How the media builds a narrative’:

Chad Felix Greene dismantles The Hill’s latest attempt at framing Trump supporters as racists

The media care more about supporting the narrative than they do about reporting the facts.

And in other news, water is wet.

Chad Felix Greene used a story from The Hill to illustrate how the media creates a narrative and once you see it in black and white you’ll never stop being pissed off about it. Take a gander:

DtaY6AsU4AA99AP.jpg

How the media creates a narrative.

The Hill doesn't show the attacker's picture. Everyone assumes based on the prejudices the media create.

Sadly the real story is of a mentally unstable man on drugs who behaved violently and severely hurt innocent people.

The Hill pushes that as its headline KNOWING most people won’t bother to read the story

– just look at the comments on the tweet. ‘Wonder if he’s a Trump supporter?’ SEE?! They knew exactly what writing the headline in this way would do, that it would support the ‘Trump supporters are violent racists’ narrative.

And THEN when the reader finally gets around to reading the story you see the accused is an older black man and that he’s off obviously his rocker.

Poof, there goes the narrative.

DtaY7D6U4AAAcum.jpg

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

Beginning of Trump's End Part #34,321

Is this the beginning of the end of the Trump nightmare?

The avalanche of disclosures that Donald Trumpcontinued his business contacts with Russian operatives as he sought and won the American presidency in 2016 has brought the threat to his Oval Office tenure to a boiling point.

Edited by GG
  • Haha (+1) 3