The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You know what's hilarious?  The Clintons have been manipulating the media with this "larger conversation...about a broader strategy for reengaging the beat press that covers HRC" for a quarter century.

And she still lost to a candied yam.  :lol: :lol: :lol: 

knock-knock-not-you-whos-there-merica-12

still funny :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

ESPN has been having a tough time figuring out what it wants to be.  Having injected leftwing politics and political correctness into its lineup, many sports fans on both sides of the political aisle were disgusted.  ESPN’s rating declined and suffered some self-inflicted bleeding over, among other things, the NFL kneeling controversy.

Attempting to stem the bleeding, ESPN brought in a new president and slashed jobs and salariesBut ESPN lost an additional two million subscribers in 2018;

this brings their total loss of subscribers to almost 12 million since 2013 and 15 million since 2011.

(more…)

NO OBJECTIVE REPORTING ALLOWED !

US Border Patrol has just launched tear gas into Mexico. Breeze carrying it hundreds of yards. Parents running away with choking toddlers. #migrantcaravan

Reminder: these are asylum seekers. The United States government is attacking asylum seekers.

AP, NBC, Buzzfeed and others all have embedded reporters who are choosing not to report on migrants tossing rocks at border patrol agents.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

AP, NBC, Buzzfeed and others all have embedded reporters who are choosing not to report on migrants tossing rocks at border patrol agents.

Put lithium in the water cannon feeds and the illegal alien wannabees will be singing "We Are The World".

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

Imagine thinking defending your borders from assailants counts as “attacking.”

I may have to move to Israel. 

I used to give B-Man grief (and others) for saying there's a liberal slant to the media. That was years ago... when I could justifiably argue that the bias was an organic result of most big name journalists living/working in liberal cities like NY, LA, and DC. 

But now? Now they aren't even pretending anymore. And haven't been for two years+. You cannot even say the media leans left these days because they don't lean. They done fell over. So much so not even liberals bother denying it anymore. They now say things like, "of course it's biased, they're trying to save the country/expose the corruption". 

We are in a period of tremendous change. Not necessarily in DC or the MSM, but in terms of how individuals are perceiving DC, politics, and the way the media helps cultivate the reality we all live in. Stories like this, are illuminating to many millions of people in this country who, like me, denied this slant for years. 

At the end of the day this is about the individual - each and every one of us - and how by seeing through the spin, we can demand and create real change by tuning the old guard out and relying more and more on ourselves and our own discernment.

The MSM as we know it today and for the past several decades, is in its death throes. Too many people are seeing through their agenda and seeking information elsewhere (for better and worse). 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I used to give B-Man grief (and others) for saying there's a liberal slant to the media. That was years ago... when I could justifiably argue that the bias was an organic result of most big name journalists living/working in liberal cities like NY, LA, and DC. 

But now? Now they aren't even pretending anymore. And haven't been for two years+. You cannot even say the media leans left these days because they don't lean. They done fell over. So much so not even liberals bother denying it anymore. They now say things like, "of course it's biased, they're trying to save the country/expose the corruption". 

We are in a period of tremendous change. Not necessarily in DC or the MSM, but in terms of how individuals are perceiving DC, politics, and the way the media helps cultivate the reality we all live in. Stories like this, are illuminating to many millions of people in this country who, like me, denied this slant for years. 

But that was different, because Trump's racist.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Seriously, WaPo?

:lol: 

That story's two days old already.

Lots of people complaining that he's a threat to boys and girls at some b-ball tournament around here.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I just went back and read some of your posts from five years ago.  It's interesting reading, given where you are now.

The threads you posted in are VERY interesting reading, given where the world is now.  Topics such as: the FCC investigating how the media chooses the stories they run with.  Or Putin's annexation of the Crimea, and the policies related.  (I made the observation in that one that Putin's about five years ahead of the West's foreign policy w/r/t Russia, and he's so far inside the West's decision loop that we may as well not even have one...which is an interesting observation to revisit after the 2016 elections...)

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That story's two days old already.

Lots of people complaining that he's a threat to boys and girls at some b-ball tournament around here.  It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I just went back and read some of your posts from five years ago.  It's interesting reading, given where you are now.

The threads you posted in are VERY interesting reading, given where the world is now.  Topics such as: the FCC investigating how the media chooses the stories they run with.  Or Putin's annexation of the Crimea, and the policies related.  (I made the observation in that one that Putin's about five years ahead of the West's foreign policy w/r/t Russia, and he's so far inside the West's decision loop that we may as well not even have one...which is an interesting observation to revisit after the 2016 elections...)

Link them, please.

I cant search function well and have to text @Just Jack when I need/want to find something