The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

My take (not that anyone cares): 

Acosta's incident with the intern was way less offensive then Acosta's general existence.

He did put his hands on her. It probably isn't assault. 

He lied about not putting his hands on her, and CNN did too. 

The minor sparring over the mic was no big deal, but Acosta not giving it up and continuing to stand and ramble while Trump had turned his attention to the next question was absurd.  What Trump and Sanders need in these briefings is a bailiff-like person to remove these people when they are so out of line.  Any secret service agent will do. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

The minor sparring over the mic was no big deal, but Acosta continuing to stand and ramble while Trump had turned his attention to the next question was absurd.  What Trump and Sanders need in these briefings is a bailiff-like person to remove these people when they are so out of line.  Any secret service agent will do. 

Agree with what everyone is saying overall about the "assault". It wasn't an assault. He did put hands on her, so for him to lie about it says all you (might still) need to know about him. The issue is exactly what you lay out. He's rude. It's not just that he's rude to the President, inside the White House (regardless of the person occupying it, it's still an office worth respecting while you're working inside his house), it's rude to his colleagues in the room who want to ask questions. 

He stalls, makes it about himself, and in the process denies more questions from being asked by other reporters. 

Standing up to power IS the job of the press, and we've sailed past the point of pretending there aren't inherent partisan biases in certain outlets, but there's a way to do it professionally and a way to do it as an asshat. Acosta (and CNN and others) have chosen the latter way since day one. 

Why? 

Because they're embarrassed at how wrong they got '16. Some are in danger of serious legal blowback for their role in the creation of the dossier, but most are just embarrassed and think if they can PROVE to everyone Trump isn't legitimate they can save their reputation. In the process they've stopped pretending to be journalists and have become activists with press passes and bylines. 

The people see what's happening. That's why no one takes Acosta or CNN seriously. Literally. No one. A YouTube channel of live stream of a potted plant routinely draws more eyeballs than CNN. 

On topic: 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

I give Trump a lot of respect for the way he handled that - far better than I would have done. I likely would have lost it if I saw that jackass put his hands on one of my staffers.

President Trump does what it takes to protect his interns. Bill Clinton just ejacuIated on his.

Edit: Why the ***** is ejacuIated censored? I had to use a capital i for the L.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's

Agree with what everyone is saying overall about the "assault". It wasn't an assault. He did put hands on her, so for him to lie about it says all you (might still) need to know about him. The issue is exactly what you lay out. He's rude. It's not just that he's rude to the President, inside the White House (regardless of the person occupying it, it's still an office worth respecting while you're working inside his house), it's rude to his colleagues in the room who want to ask questions. 

He stalls, makes it about himself, and in the process denies more questions from being asked by other reporters. 

Standing up to power IS the job of the press, and we've sailed past the point of pretending there aren't inherent partisan biases in certain outlets, but there's a way to do it professionally and a way to do it as an asshat. Acosta (and CNN and others) have chosen the latter way since day one. 

Why? 

Because they're embarrassed at how wrong they got '16. Some are in danger of serious legal blowback for their role in the creation of the dossier, but most are just embarrassed and think if they can PROVE to everyone Trump isn't legitimate they can save their reputation. In the process they've stopped pretending to be journalists and have become activists with press passes and bylines. 

The people see what's happening. That's why no one takes Acosta or CNN seriously. Literally. No one. A YouTube channel of live stream of a potted plant routinely draws more eyeballs than CNN. 

On topic: 

I'm amazed at this point today that Trump would even call on the guy given the history other than it gives Trump another chance to crap on CNN with the cameras rolling. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

My take (not that anyone cares): 

Acosta's incident with the intern was way less offensive then Acosta's general existence.

He did put his hands on her. It probably isn't assault. 

He lied about not putting his hands on her, and CNN did too. 

If an unproven, unsubstantiated allegation makes Kavanaugh a gang rapist by media standards -- and that is precisely how it was presented -- I can promise you video of what Acosta did is absolutely assault on a woman.

#believeallvideo

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's definitely both - but I think the "lie" he was referring to in his mind was the latter. 

:beer: Glad to see you hanging around! 

No doubt it's that he put his hands on her that he's claiming was the lie.  Just curious if he'll walk that back & claim that he's railing against the idea that 45 favors a free press after he's seen 10,000 memes of him brushing the girl's arm back.  Seems to be a big enough weasel for it to be the latter.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the issue we should focus on is what a complete ass  hole Acosta was by forcibly refusing to give the mic over and continuing to disrupt the press conference long after his time was up rather than trying to play up this "assault."

That and pointing out another example of  libs screaming about things they don't actually believe. When we resort to histrionics we just look like them.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

The minor sparring over the mic was no big deal, but Acosta not giving it up and continuing to stand and ramble while Trump had turned his attention to the next question was absurd.  What Trump and Sanders need in these briefings is a bailiff-like person to remove these people when they are so out of line.  Any secret service agent will do. 

17250732_2.jpg?v=8D081E09C7A7B50&f=1

• Haha (+1) 1

"Reports" coming out now that the White House edited the video to make it look like Acosta accosted her when he actually didn't.  Including frame-by-frame comparisons of CSpan and the White House release - that they apparently got from reddit or Alex Jones or someone.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

"Reports" coming out now that the White House edited the video to make it look like Acosta accosted her when he actually didn't.  Including frame-by-frame comparisons of CSpan and the White House release - that they apparently got from reddit or Alex Jones or someone.  :lol:

We watched it LIVE...........

Good Lord are they stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They REALLY want a shooting war. 

It's the only thing that could save them at this point. 

Wow.  They are actually resorting to the "But she touched me first!" defense.  Seriously...just...wow.  

Don Lemon's going to give us a "Double dumbass pork chop on you!" retort soon, isn't he?

https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1060349474915188737?s=09

I remember when the whole WH Press Corps denounced my fmr colleague Neil Munro for merely daring to ask Obama a question about immigration. Their current behavior is so unprofessional & rude that many more hard passes should be revoked. Trump WH is going quite easy on them IMO.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1