The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That will carry her locally in Mass, I think, but it won't hold up nationally once the primary field really begins to take shape. Those types will flock to Harris who doesn't have to lie about her ethnic background to check those resist boxes. 

Harris has no street cred.  Not like Booker and his bro T-Bone.

• Haha (+1) 1

ROGER KIMBALL: The triumph of Melania Trump: The ABC interview was meant to demean the First Lady. Like so many press gambits these days, it backfired. 

“I am not sure that Melania Trump had the introduction of Henry IV Part 2 in mind when she sat down for her free and frank discussion with the jackals of the — er, with a respected ABC correspondent during her recent trip to Africa. But time and again she dilated upon the ‘unpleasant’, erring and intrusive ‘speculation’ of the media.”

I think you could argue that Teen Vogue is not really the media, per se, but then you see this and think "Who the hell is in charge at Teen Vogue?"

The article is ridiculous, the the tweet is what tips it over.  You can't end poverty without ending capitalism?  Can someone send these Teen Vogue readers some photos from Venezuela?

42 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I think you could argue that Teen Vogue is not really the media, per se, but then you see this and think "Who the hell is in charge at Teen Vogue?"

The article is ridiculous, the the tweet is what tips it over.  You can't end poverty without ending capitalism?  Can someone send these Teen Vogue readers some photos from Venezuela?

It's amazing how these types never ask themselves the simple questions, like "can you name a country that's ever eliminated poverty by doing away with capitalism?"

A commie friend of mine said today that we should have a shared collective economy. He acknowledged that it could lead to slavery, but only in the hands of a dictator like Trump. I asked him who the good, benevolent people who would run it were, and how would you prevent a dictator from taking power. No response.