The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

On Sunday, October 07, 2018 at 11:11 AM, Nanker said:

Despicable Dems. They're the party of division. They're the party of spite. Their hyperbolic spin on the facts - hell, they didn't even care to use any "facts" is unconscionable. Lies used as a tactic to deny their political adversaries due process is duly noted. They should be thankful Garland wasn't put through this **** show - because that is exactly what will happen when the next Dem POTUS gets to nominate a SCOTUS Associate Justice. 

Ideally, I would hope R's would not do this to a nominee for political purposes because it was disgusting what was done to Kavanaugh. Believe me, I'm glad that under Trump the R's have found some backbone and are willing to fight back, but I would hate to see them stoop to that level.

Realistically, I would hope R's could see how bad a move it would be. The Dems miscalculated how awful this would make them look. It united R's and pushed a lot of independents to the right.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Senior editor for RawStory

Do_4cGLUcAAiwjf.jpg

I'm not exaggerating when I say that he is representative of your average online leftist.

This Democratic primary is going to be a contest of which chinchilla can screech the loudest.

Its gonna be entertaining 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 10/7/2018 at 11:11 AM, Nanker said:

Despicable Dems. They're the party of division. They're the party of spite. Their hyperbolic spin on the facts - hell, they didn't even care to use any "facts" is unconscionable. Lies used as a tactic to deny their political adversaries due process is duly noted. They should be thankful Garland wasn't put through this **** show - because that is exactly what will happen when the next Dem POTUS gets to nominate a SCOTUS Associate Justice. 

They'll nominate a woman like Obama did twice.  If Trump gets another SCOTUS pick they'll just pack the Supreme Court when back in power giving them a 7-6 majority (or 8-7).  Republicans will then follow suit when they regain power.  The unwritten 150 year understanding about SCOTUS openings being the luck of the draw for whatever party's president is in power has been shattered.

Edited by Doc Brown

47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The unwritten 150 year understanding about SCOTUS openings being the luck of the draw for whatever party's president is in power has been shattered.

So has the 230 year old understanding that appointees would be given a fair hearing instead of a partisan media circus.

Forward!

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

So has the 230 year old understanding that appointees would be given a fair hearing instead of a partisan media circus.

Forward!

Unfortunately, the SC debacle and the post-election antics against Trump tell us that "taking the high road" simply means that other than publicly jabbing an ice pick in the eye of your enemy, pretty much anything goes. 

It's sad, but true. 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They'll nominate a woman like Obama did twice.  If Trump gets another SCOTUS pick they'll just pack the Supreme Court when back in power giving them a 7-6 majority (or 8-7).  Republicans will then follow suit when they regain power.  The unwritten 150 year understanding about SCOTUS openings being the luck of the draw for whatever party's president is in power has been shattered.

You raise a good point.

Republicans have control of enough of the State governments that they could call a Constitutional Convention for the purpose of amending the Constitution.

Assuming victory in the mid-terms it just may be time to consider doing exactly that.

That, and evicting California from the Union.

And if Democrats continue to insist on scorched Earth, zero-sum politics which include the wholesale destruction of our form of government, and thus the underlying fabric of our prosperity, it might be time to consider that piles of dead Marxists are a far less dangerous proposition than rooms full of live ones.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You raise a good point.

Republicans have control of enough of the State governments that they could call a Constitutional Convention for the purpose of amending the Constitution.

Assuming victory in the mid-terms it just may be time to consider doing exactly that.

And if Democrats continue to insist on scorched Earth, zero-sum politics which include the wholesale destruction of our form of government, and thus the underlying fabric of our prosperity, it might be time to consider that piles of dead Marxists are a far less dangerous proposition than rooms full of live ones.

Having a private conversation with Levi this morning about defending a scorched Earth strategy I googled it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+argue+against+scorched-earth&oq=how+to+argue+against+scorched-earth&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l2.3253j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

It's all anti trump. For no reason. The same results on duckduckgo are much different.

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You raise a good point.

A compromise if Dems eventually threaten that would be term limits for SCOTUS appointees through a constitutional amendment.  Eighteen years with a new SCOTUS every two years is one proposal.

54 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

A compromise if Dems eventually threaten that would be term limits for SCOTUS appointees through a constitutional amendment.  Eighteen years with a new SCOTUS every two years is one proposal.

I reject it.

The entire purpose of the Court was as a check on the expansive nature of Government.

I will not endorse compromise with those calling an Origionalist view of the Document illegitimate.

The protection of our basic human rights, and of our liberties depends on it.

I will not legitimize the brownshirting tactics of Democrats by treating and compromising with them, especially when I know where compromise leads.

I'd rather stack their dead bodies in piles at this point.

Democrats have chosen the route of political violence, revolution, and scorched Earth politics.  They shouldn't be rewarded with the open hand of Neville Chamberlain.  They have reaped the wind, and desire blood.

If we get to that point, Doc, I say give them their own blood in gallons. 

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 1

Hey Kids, the word to seize on tonight is MOB. Can you say MOB? I knew you could pounce on it.

THE JOURNOLIST IS HOPPING: and DNC talking points are "magically" spread across the country

● Republicans have a new name for Democrats: ‘mob.’

—CNN, Sunday.

● ‘An angry mob’: Republicans work to recast Democratic protests as out-of-control anarchy.

—The Washington Post, yesterday.

● Republicans Seize On Stoking Fears Of Left-Leaning Mob To Mobilize Voters.

Talking Points Memo, today.

● The GOP’s sneaky attempt to paint the majority as an angry left-wing mob.

The Week, today.

● Republicans: Protesters Are an Unruly Mob — Unless They’re Heavily Armed and Support Us.

New York magazine, today. 

● WATCH: Brooke Baldwin Clashes With CNN Commentator Matt Lewis for Calling Ted Cruz Restaurant Protesters a ‘Mob.’

Mediaite, today.

Earlier: “Here’s the thing: though there is no question that the GOP, like Democrats, play to the anxieties of its base — this is normal politics — there really were, and are, mobs out to get conservatives.”

Thumbnail

Edited by B-Man

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Hey Kids, the word to seize on tonight is MOB. Can you say MOB? I knew you could pounce on it.

THE JOURNOLIST IS HOPPING: and DNC talking points are "magically" spread across the country

● Republicans have a new name for Democrats: ‘mob.’

—CNN, Sunday.

● ‘An angry mob’: Republicans work to recast Democratic protests as out-of-control anarchy.

—The Washington Post, yesterday.

● Republicans Seize On Stoking Fears Of Left-Leaning Mob To Mobilize Voters.

Talking Points Memo, today.

● The GOP’s sneaky attempt to paint the majority as an angry left-wing mob.

The Week, today.

● Republicans: Protesters Are an Unruly Mob — Unless They’re Heavily Armed and Support Us.

New York magazine, today. 

● WATCH: Brooke Baldwin Clashes With CNN Commentator Matt Lewis for Calling Ted Cruz Restaurant Protesters a ‘Mob.’

Mediaite, today.

Earlier: “Here’s the thing: though there is no question that the GOP, like Democrats, play to the anxieties of its base — this is normal politics — there really were, and are, mobs out to get conservatives.”

Thumbnail

Gotta love those projecting SJWs. ?

Someone should remind them of the field day they had with 'gravitas' with regards to Bush, or when "independent" journalists from all over called one of Trump's speeches 'dark'. Those are just two examples that sprung to mind quickly, I know there are many, many more.