The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

ARE WE STILL PLAYING THESE GAMES IN 2018? Deluded Chuck Todd: Media Bias a ‘Campaign Creation’ ‘Not Based’ in ‘Fact.’

Don’t talk to Chuck Todd about the liberal media. The Meet The Press host on Sunday snapped at David Brody, telling the CBN political analyst that dislike of a partisan press is simply a “campaign creation” of the late Fox News CEO Roger Ailes. Todd huffed that it was “not based in much fact.”

Related: “If I worked for a network that employed Brian Williams and Al Sharpton I’d approach this issue with a lot more humility.”

The pose of objectivity was a necessary one in an era of three television networks, a handful of wire services, and a couple of newspapers in all but the biggest cities, but that media world hasn’t existed since the late 1970s. And yet anchors continue to play Mad Men-era sophistry with their viewers.

Just think of the media as Democratic operatives with lavaliers, and it all makes sense.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/305932/

ROGER KIMBALL: The New York Times’ slathering praise for John McCain rings false.

It is instructive, then, to compare The New York Times’s coverage of McCain circa 2018 with what it had to say in 2008, when it actually mattered in more than a rhetorical sense. The Times was happy to support McCain during the primary season, doubtless understanding that he was the weaker candidate. But when it came down to it, the Times wrote that McCain was ‘aggressive,’ ‘erratic,’ possibly a bit touched in the head, to mention, old, old. In a piece titled ‘The Real John McCain,’ published in September 2008, as the campaign was approaching its white-hot finale, the Times wondered whether, as McCain took the stage, ‘there would be any sign of the senator we long respected.’

There were a few sops of the old McCain, the Times admitted. But no one will be surprised that the Times came down firmly on the other side. The evening, they said, was full of ‘chilling glimpses of the new John McCain, who questioned the patriotism of his opponents as the ‘me first, country second’ crowd.’

The Times continued in a musing mood: ‘In the end, we couldn’t explain the huge difference between the John McCain of Thursday night and the one who ran such an angry and derisive campaign and convention.’ Angry!

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

ROGER KIMBALL: The New York Times’ slathering praise for John McCain rings false.

It is instructive, then, to compare The New York Times’s coverage of McCain circa 2018 with what it had to say in 2008, when it actually mattered in more than a rhetorical sense. The Times was happy to support McCain during the primary season, doubtless understanding that he was the weaker candidate. But when it came down to it, the Times wrote that McCain was ‘aggressive,’ ‘erratic,’ possibly a bit touched in the head, to mention, old, old. In a piece titled ‘The Real John McCain,’ published in September 2008, as the campaign was approaching its white-hot finale, the Times wondered whether, as McCain took the stage, ‘there would be any sign of the senator we long respected.’

There were a few sops of the old McCain, the Times admitted. But no one will be surprised that the Times came down firmly on the other side. The evening, they said, was full of ‘chilling glimpses of the new John McCain, who questioned the patriotism of his opponents as the ‘me first, country second’ crowd.’

The Times continued in a musing mood: ‘In the end, we couldn’t explain the huge difference between the John McCain of Thursday night and the one who ran such an angry and derisive campaign and convention.’ Angry!

One of the things I definitely prefer about Trump: he's consistent.  He may be a shitheel, but he's an honest shitheel.  You never have to wonder where you stand with him.  

The Democrats, with McCain's death, are showing just how mealy-mouthed they are.  I'd have far more respect for them if just one came out and said "My condolences to his family...but you know, I never really liked the guy."

• Thank you (+1) 1

nEs68qdk_bigger.jpg Jennifer JacobsVerified account @JenniferJJacobs 23h23 hours ago

Trump refused for the fourth time today to answer our questions about his thoughts on John McCain.

The latest opportunity was in the Cabinet Room with Kenya’s president.

WH comms staff yelled at us to leave the room to drown out our questions, but Trump heard us.

Can't imagine why people hate the media.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

The latest opportunity was in the Cabinet Room with Kenya’s president.

Why was Trump meeting with Obama?

Sorry, couldn't resist ?

12 hours ago, bbb said:

What is their pressing question?  Can Trump confirm that McCain is dead? 

Mr President, have you stopped abusing Melania?

• Haha (+1) 1