The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

KEEPING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE: Washington, D.C., Braces for ‘Unite the Right 2’ White Nationalist Rally.

The media is treating this event as if hundreds of thousands of goosestepping Nazis are descending on D.C. In fact, “Permits for Sunday’s ‘Unite the Right 2’ rally indicated that about 400 demonstrators are expected in Lafayette Square, a park adjacent to the White House.” Four hundred is likely optimistic.

Treating these pathetic morons who can’t fill a small high school’s auditorium as if they represent some major national movement is only giving them millions of dollars in undeserved free publicity, albeit in the service of a contrived narrative that the Trump administration has enabled a major neo-Nazi revival. Ignoring them won’t necessarily make them go away, but it will deprive them of the media oxygen that’s making them seem much more significant than they are.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

KEEPING THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE: Washington, D.C., Braces for ‘Unite the Right 2’ White Nationalist Rally.

The media is treating this event as if hundreds of thousands of goosestepping Nazis are descending on D.C. In fact, “Permits for Sunday’s ‘Unite the Right 2’ rally indicated that about 400 demonstrators are expected in Lafayette Square, a park adjacent to the White House.” Four hundred is likely optimistic.

Treating these pathetic morons who can’t fill a small high school’s auditorium as if they represent some major national movement is only giving them millions of dollars in undeserved free publicity, albeit in the service of a contrived narrative that the Trump administration has enabled a major neo-Nazi revival. Ignoring them won’t necessarily make them go away, but it will deprive them of the media oxygen that’s making them seem much more significant than they are.

I'm more afraid of the counter-protesters.  These "Unite the Right" bozos will just make a lot of noise and disappear if left alone.  Antifa will 1) outnumber them, significantly, and 2) look for any excuse to start a street battle.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/8/2018 at 12:31 PM, Boyst62 said:

You know, that whole LeBron James thing annoys me more than it should.  Everyone giving this guy accolades for solving something and saying he is a great man, brilliant, Noble, etc.   None of those are fair. The guy is giving money to others to try to solve a problem that there is no definitive answer to doing.  The guy isn't providing a solution or giving an option to truly change history. He is merely throwing money at a problem and being heralded as a savior.

I find LeBron to be a great man, at least for what we know of him publicly.  As for his profession, he has an incredible work ethic and strikes me as an extremely intelligent player.  Off the court he's involved in a number of business interests and has supported a number of charitable causes.  He also seems to be a great family man.  I really admire the guy.  It's a shame to me that Trump rather than firing criticisms over twitter could have instead asked LeBron to come to the white house.  Maybe James wouldn't go but Trump should make some effort to resolve his public perception with minorities even though much of that negativity isn't deserved.  Chances are the two of them could find some common ground. 

7 hours ago, row_33 said:

Eventually responsible adults will stop using Twitter because it’s an infantile clownish waste of time.

Twitter is just a high tech peanut gallery.

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm more afraid of the counter-protesters.  These "Unite the Right" bozos will just make a lot of noise and disappear if left alone.  Antifa will 1) outnumber them, significantly, and 2) look for any excuse to start a street battle.

I wonder if the Kremlin Annex folks will get involved?

Edited by reddogblitz

Protesters observe “Unite the Right” rally anniversary with “All cops are racist” chant (video)

torches-badges-sign.jpg

Reminder from the last page:

Treating these pathetic morons who can’t fill a small high school’s auditorium as if they represent some major national movement is only giving them millions of dollars in undeserved free publicity, albeit in the service of a contrived narrative that the Trump administration has enabled a major neo-Nazi revival. Ignoring them won’t necessarily make them go away, but it will deprive them of the media oxygen that’s making them seem much more significant than they are.

FAKE NEWS WRAPPED IN WEASEL WORDS FROM THE WASHINGTON POST

President Trump today condemned “all types of racism and acts of violence.” That’s a good thing. However, the Trump-hating Washington Post seized on the occasion to condemn Trump for alleged “racially tinged” statements.

“Racially tinged” is a weasel phrase. A statement is either racist or it isn’t. When the statement pertains, however loosely, to race but isn’t racist, those obsessed with race or, in this case, Trump-hatred call it “racially tinged.” It’s the kind of intellectually dishonest move we’ve come to expect from the Trump-resisting Washington Post — here, Anne Gearan, Seung Min Kim, and Josh Dawsey.

(Wouldn’t it be nice if once and while these stories had a single author? Then we would know who, precisely, is writing so dishonestly. Why does it take three people to write such stories? By now, this kind of reflexively anti-Trump drivel should almost write itself.)

What are the “racially tinged” recent statements the Post takes Trump to task for? You can probably correctly guess some of them. Trump questioned the intelligence of Don Lemon and Lebron James, who happen to be Black. But an individual isn’t exempt from having his intelligence questioned merely because he’s Black.

It’s obvious, moreover, that Trump questioned the intelligence of the two because they criticized him, not because of their race. Sen. Lindsey Graham got it exactly right when he said of Trump:

It is how you react to him [that determines how he reacts to you]. It is not the color of your skin, it is not the content of your character. It is what you say about him.

Graham has gotten to know Trump well, but anyone who has been paying attention knows this to be true. It’s what you say about him. Just ask Megyn Kelly.

Trump also criticized NFL players who protest during the National Anthem, all of whom, as I understand it, are Black. But Trump is criticizing them for their conduct, not because of their race. 

More at the link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/08/fake-news-wrapped-in-weasel-words-from-the-washington-post.php

kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump Aug 11

I am proud to have fought for and secured the LOWEST African American and Hispanic unemployment rates in history. Now I’m pushing for prison reform to give people who have paid their debt to society a second chance. I will never stop fighting for ALL Americans!

I love how everyone says that Trump lies on a consistent basis when, in fact, the MSM (and leftists) lie more than a Vietnamese hooker.

Even FOX, who is supposed to be up Trump's ass has had 52% negative coverage towards Trump.

The Fake News is INDEED the enemy of the people.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I love how everyone says that Trump lies on a consistent basis when, in fact, the MSM (and leftists) lie more than a Vietnamese hooker.

Even FOX, who is supposed to be up Trump's ass has had 52% negative coverage towards Trump.

The Fake News is INDEED the enemy of the people.

It's all projection, keep blaming the innocent so the spotlight stays off them. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, westside said:

It's all projection, keep blaming the innocent so the spotlight stays off them. 

We all know/knew Trump was hardly perfect (and I didn't even vote for him), but the way the MSM and leftists are doubling and tripling down on their hate for Trump is downright deplorable.

I don't understand this cover up for the REAL political criminals. Shouldn't we want justice, no matter side of the political isle you are on.

And by all means, give me the political criminal conduct that Trump and the right have committed and I will be the first to say throw them in jail.

It's just a mess. It really is.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

We all know/knew Trump was hardly perfect (and I didn't even vote for him), but the way the MSM and leftists are doubling and tripling down on their hate for Trump is downright deplorable.

I don't understand this cover up for the REAL political criminals. Shouldn't we want justice, no matter side of the political isle you are on.

And by all means, give me the political criminal conduct that Trump and the right have committed and I will be the first to say throw them in jail.

It's just a mess. It really is.

I agree. I wonder if the truth will ever come out. So many powerful people trying to hide there crimes by accusing other people for what they are doing! It's sickening!!!

2 minutes ago, westside said:

I agree. I wonder if the truth will ever come out. So many powerful people trying to hide there crimes by accusing other people for what they are doing! It's sickening!!!

The Schiff audio of him trying to get naked pictures of Trump tells me everything I need to know about this Russian mess. Disgusting on so many levels, but I will mention one......................... Who the hell wants naked pictures of a 72 year old man?

What is it, 25 million and counting with this ridiculous investigation.

All Mueller has to do is look in the other direction and he will find the collusion he is looking for. But since he is working for the Democrats, he will NEVER look in their direction.

19 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

I find LeBron to be a great man, at least for what we know of him publicly.  As for his profession, he has an incredible work ethic and strikes me as an extremely intelligent player.  Off the court he's involved in a number of business interests and has supported a number of charitable causes.  He also seems to be a great family man.  I really admire the guy.  It's a shame to me that Trump rather than firing criticisms over twitter could have instead asked LeBron to come to the white house.  Maybe James wouldn't go but Trump should make some effort to resolve his public perception with minorities even though much of that negativity isn't deserved.  Chances are the two of them could find some common ground. 

That would be a smart play. 

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Protesters observe “Unite the Right” rally anniversary with “All cops are racist” chant (video)

torches-badges-sign.jpg

Reminder from the last page:

Treating these pathetic morons who can’t fill a small high school’s auditorium as if they represent some major national movement is only giving them millions of dollars in undeserved free publicity, albeit in the service of a contrived narrative that the Trump administration has enabled a major neo-Nazi revival. Ignoring them won’t necessarily make them go away, but it will deprive them of the media oxygen that’s making them seem much more significant than they are.

It won't happen. Kaine was on CBS Face the Nation spouting more divisive rhetoric. 

dYJ7Nu4I_bigger.jpgCarol Schaeffer @thencarolsaid 2h2 hours ago
This is the grand total of the group going into DC with Kessler from VA.
Not enough to even half fill a DC train car.
A third are journalists, another third are cops. Honestly can’t be more than 20 white nationalists.

DkbDTErX4AAS2oX.jpg....This is the “Unite the Right”’rally crowd. All of them.

The media needs to pretend this handful of dildos is an army.

They need the media for a platform and the media needs them to smear conservatives.

Pathetic on both counts.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

The second time it was tried the jackass was hit with six beer cans and told to SIT THE !@#$ DOWN!!!!!

Ya know, Jackass is exactly what the Dem's logo is. It's not a donkey. It's a JACKASS! 

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

MSM:  Me so horny!  Me love you long time!

JOURNALISM: CNN calls marchers chanting ‘f*ck the police’ and throwing eggs ‘anti-hate groups.’ 

Calling them “commies” would be more accurate, but wouldn’t support the narrative.

MSM NARRATIVE FAIL:  ..................‘Unite the Right’ Rally: White Nationalists March in D.C.

It’s not until the fifteenth paragraph that the New York Times bothers informing its readers of a crucial detail: “The Unite the Right group planned to have up to 400 people at the rally … though the group was considerably smaller.”

So all this media hoopla for a few dozen losers, because it feeds into the media’s preferred narrative that Trump has brought us to the verge of racist-fascist takeover of the U.S.?

UPDATE: Even then, the Times isn’t being completely forthright. “Considerably smaller” apparently means around thirty people. My friend has more people than that playing role-playing games in his basement this weekend, but the MSM doesn’t seem interested in that.

MORE: The Times has now completely rewritten the story, now emphasizing the “low attendance” of around “two dozen.” Some of my local friends were literally scared for their safety because of the way the media all last week suggested that thousands of violent neo-Nazis were about to descend on D.C.

Someone should be held accountable, but won’t.

by David Bernstein permalink.gif

• Like (+1) 1