The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The EO still has a lot of power even if Congress is fragmented though.

HAHA. A court just told Trump he couldn't cancel an Obama EO (DACA) without proving good reason for doing so. Trump should give that court the middle finger and tell it to go !@#$ themselves.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Republicans control the country politically, why still so angry ? 

That actually sounded like a calm, reasonable question.

Why would you suggest he was angry? That makes absolutely no sense.

Explain where the anger was in his question.

We'll wait.

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

That actually sounded like a calm, reasonable question.

Why would you suggest he was angry? That makes absolutely no sense.

Explain where the anger was in his question.

We'll wait.

I was the one who asked the question

10 minutes ago, ALF said:

So, you state a premise that you think is factual but when questioned you refuse to back it up, insisting that the other person answer your (maybe) false premise? OK, I'll play. Do you beat your wife often?

The left absolutely brought this NYT situation on themselves by embracing the notion that every female accuser is to be believed, that the accused is to be ostracized, and that political correctness was more important than common sense.

This was clearly satire. Sarah Jeong is not a racist. But their concerted effort to dismiss nuance in such instances was always going to come back to bite them in the a*s.

Context and nuance are everything in matters of sexual harassment and race. When they threw Al Franken under the bus for a couple of stupid pictures, I knew we were in trouble.

I was watching Frasier last night and it dawned on me that a harmless joke wouldn't be tolerated today on television from a respected character. Martin made reference to the wife of his former black partner having a big a*s. How can you not expect a backlash when you force people to walk on eggshells as not to dare offend?

By the way, Kelsey Grammer is like the only funny conservative. Humor is not a strong trait of the right. I guess Trump has pretty strong comedic timing but I don't think he's ideologically anything other than self serving.

Edited by LSHMEAB

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The left absolutely brought this NYT situation on themselves by embracing the notion that every female accuser is to be believed, that the accused is to be ostracized, and that political correctness was more important than common sense.

This was clearly satire. Sarah Jeong is not a racist. But their concerted effort to dismiss nuance in such instances was always going to come back to bite them in the a*s.

Context and nuance are everything in matters of sexual harassment and race. When they threw Al Franken under the bus for a couple of stupid pictures, I knew we were in trouble.

I was watching Frasier last night and it dawned on me that a harmless joke wouldn't be tolerated today. Martin made reference to the wife to his former black partner's wife having a big a*s. How can you not expect a backlash when you try to force people to walk on eggshells not to offend. 

By the way, Kelsey Grammer is like the only funny conservative. Humor is not a strong trait of the right. I guess Trump has pretty strong comedic timing but I don't think he's ideologically anything other than self serving.

If she's not a racist, she sure is giving a GREAT imitation of being one:

Read that tweet stream. He has hundreds her white-hating tweets from 2013 and 2014. Months and months and months of angry, inciteful Tweets where she goes so far as to advocate genocide of white people. 

That is not harmless. That is not satire. That is not reactionary. That is a deep, disturbing hate of a group of people based solely on the color of their skin. ie, racism

45 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

If she's not a racist, she sure is giving a GREAT imitation of being one:

Read that tweet stream. He has hundreds her white-hating tweets from 2013 and 2014. Months and months and months of angry, inciteful Tweets where she goes so far as to advocate genocide of white people. 

That is not harmless. That is not satire. That is not reactionary. That is a deep, disturbing hate of a group of people based solely on the color of their skin. ie, racism

I read all the tweets. She was trolling bigots. Kind of a wanna be Sasha Baron Cohen schtick.

I understand what she was trying to do, and the responses are indeed funny. Nevertheless, zero tolerance policies should be administered to all if that's the game we're playing.

My hope is that common sense prevails and people will recognize how silly some of these stances are, but that is unlikely. Very unlikely.

The notion that one cannot be "racist" against whites because of power structure strikes me as absurd. I can't really perform the necessary mental gymnastics for that one. I think we can agree on that.

Edited by LSHMEAB

2 hours ago, ALF said:

No I asked you a question if you had a problem with people praying in public. The fact that they believe they need to put on protective armor to keep from getting bludgeoned to death is an indictment on people that you think are perfectly reasonable.

You keep flooding this site with red herrings and superfluous tangential posts all the while pretending to seek some enlightenment on the issues of the day. When shone the light you claim to get it, only to throw the lie to that with your next post. 

WTH did your post have to do with the title of this thread?

You can do better. And for the record, I’m not angry. 

58 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I read all the tweets. She was trolling bigots. Kind of a wanna be Sasha Baron Cohen schtick.

I understand what she was trying to do, and the responses are indeed funny. Nevertheless, zero tolerance policies should be administered to all if that's the game we're playing.

My hope is that common sense prevails and people will recognize how silly some of these stances are, but that is unlikely. Very unlikely.

The notion that one cannot be "racist" against whites because of power structure strikes me as absurd. I can't really perform the necessary mental gymnastics for that one. I think we can agree on that.

Borat is a toolI

If may ling whoever wants to be like him, so be it.

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Lots of people troll bigots.  I do.

But if they're white, they get called racists for it.  I do.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

This was clearly satire. Sarah Jeong is not a racist.

It's impossible to be more wrong than your words above.

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Oh, damn. I was wrong. You COULD be more wrong.

Watch the video below. Tell everyone how she was trolling in that speech.

She's a racist. Period. That you would defend her says more about you than it does about anything else.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Wanna judge if it’s racist? Substitute black for white in all her tweets. I’m hoping she gets hers.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Because the MSM just loves to report stuff like this. ?  - sarcasm tag for those that didn't get it via the eye-roll emoji - (I am sure the SS is thrilled when he does impromptu meets and greets like this. ? )

In that respect he hasn’t changed since becoming POTUS. He’d frequently walk around and be very open to meeting and greeting people on the street, even letting them take photos of them with him.