The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

In an article yesterday titled “Democrats: Do Not Surrender the Judiciary,” the Gray Lady’s editorial board has a modest plan for her party:

I'm surprised I missed this before the election.  Apparently the only way to get a Supreme Court nominee through in today's day and age is for the Senate majority to be the same party as the president. 

Even the maverick, country-before-party Senator John McCain of Arizona vowed that, if Hillary Clinton won the presidency, a Republican-controlled Senate would block any nominee that she put forward.

I'm not that concerned as Kennedy was more conservative than people think.  He wrote Citizen's United and generally sided with big businesses over organized labor.  The only consistent area he sided with the liberal justices on was gay rights.  Roberts was the one who dealt the death blow to conservative efforts to remove the ACA individual mandate.  The next Supreme Court Justice will be more important than whoever Trump picks here.  I think the left is overreacting a tad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Once again: we're not being told the news.  We're being manipulated into outrage.  

This type of reporting is getting worse by the week. 

You gotta hand it to the left, though. They get this messaging out to their minions, and by the time people understand the real truth, it's too late to explain it.

Snowflakes from one side of FB to the other side of Twitter have expressed their outrage. 

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they started recording the sounds of a crying child and falsely tell everyone the child is upset because he was taken from his mother at the border.

Fortunately we won't see that kind of propaganda in our news cycles.

Edited by LABillzFan

How it works: Post something as truth that you claim to be told by a source, add a few more tweets to get the thread moving, then remind everyone that it is just one source who heard something from someone else, and watch the leftist stop spreading the rest of your message.

Dhvzk6eWsAEDYi-.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

How it works: Post something as truth that you claim to be told by a source, add a few more tweets to get the thread moving, then remind everyone that it is just one source who heard something from someone else, and watch the leftist stop spreading the rest of your message.

Going along with that:

and

No bias here (second author of the Steele dossier articles used to launder it)

35 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Dhvzk6eWsAEDYi-.jpg

Yeah, well Leigh Ann Caldwell is a serial child molester.  Furthermore, she gets her victims through Bernie Sanders' human trafficking organization.  

To be clear, this is from one source that doesn't have any info on Caldwell or Sanders.

So dishonest.......how do you fight against a side that purposefully dishonest? With no repercussions to stop this? 

You're basically fighting with one hand behind you're back.

When they take the low road, we'll take the high road!!

Yeah right!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, westside said:

So dishonest.......how do you fight against a side that purposefully dishonest? With no repercussions to stop this? 

Yeah right!!

The low road is backfiring spectacularly for them.

People know they're being lied to, and they're growing very tired of it.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The low road is backfiring spectacularly for them.

People know they're being lied to, and they're growing very tired of it.

I agree 100% in everything you said. But it's so frustrating to see such blatant disregard for the truth by the left. 

They say the wheels of justice are slow. I'm waiting patiently for this country to get it's act together. It beats the alternative of a anarchy any day. I love this country too much to not do everything I possibly can, by the letter of the law.

Thanks for being the beacon of light in this crazy political times.

Edited by westside
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

All part of that beautiful thing we call "free press!" God Bless America, baby!

Yes, it’s protected “free speech” and the government can spew propaganda on us now - legally. 

20 hours ago, westside said:

Yeah right!!

President Trump's campaign style rally on July 5 was littered with claims that are false, misleading or lack evidence. (Meg Kelly /The Washington Post)

We’re doing something new: analyzing every factual claim from President Trump’s campaign rally in Montana on Thursday.

According to The Fact Checker’s database, the president had made 3,251 false or misleading claims at the end of May, and his average daily rate was climbing.

This side of Trump really comes alive during campaign rallies, so we wanted to do the math and find out whether the president speaks more fictions or facts in front of his crowds.

We focused only on Trump’s statements of material fact at the Montana rally, avoiding trivialities and opinions. We didn’t double-count statements when the president repeated himself.

According to our analysis, the truth took a beating in Montana. From a grand total of 98 factual statements we identified, 76 percent were false, misleading or unsupported by evidence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/07/10/anatomy-of-a-trump-rally-76-percent-of-claims-are-false-misleading-or-lacking-evidence/?utm_term=.79df1d1d6375

31 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Yep. Wonder what Walter Chronkite would think about “reporters” and the MSM of today. 

Ummm...you guys hated Chronkite, too. Billbo OReilly, when he wasn't crying about a war on Christmas was going after Chronkite as a past leader of Liberalism in the media.