The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

12 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Again, we're talking about stifling political dissent by creating an official ministry of information who directs and determines what is true and not true, and punishes news outlets and reporters accordingly.

That is actual fascism.

No one advocated for that, and you know it. Advocating for revoking the credentials of those who publish outright falsehoods in the name of assisting in overthrow of a duly elected president is completely different than that.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Joe, you should feel free to take as much time as you want between posts.

Mussolini's trains ran on time at least.  Just sayin'.

The way this plays out in your vision is a child's vision of Christmas.

Answer my questions please.

I'd like to jump in here if I would.

Tasker, what opinions do you have on the government's "free-reign" during times of emergency or war?  Martial law etc.

I ask, because I think it is quite germane to this subject.  If you believe this government has been waging a shadow war with the so-called "Deep State" for the past 18 months (I do), and you believe the goal of this "Deep State" is to destroy the very foundation of this country through espionage, lies, and outright treasonous behavior (I do), then are we not in a state of emergency?  Have we seen a collection of named bad actors in the government attempt a coup of this magnitude in the history of the USA? Have we ever had a group within our own ranks in the media conglomerates and institutions of our own government be so intertwined to work towards the goal of ending our democracy as we know it?

I see your points in your discussion with Joe.  But if CNN is in bed with the Deep State (they are), aren't they the enemy?  And then this isn't a war on the free press, but a proven enemy of the state?

I know, I know, Clinton may have been able to claim the same about Fox News or anyone who criticized her.  But claiming it and it being true are two different stories.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Clintons have long whined that the NYT has had a vendetta against them, spreading the most ruinous pack of lies to undermine their political lives and accomplishments.

6 hours ago, OJABBA said:

Yeah, nice try.

How so? Conservatives freaked out when the Dixie  Chicks did it smashing CDs and protesting and such.

The liberals freaked out when Trump did it.

They agree on a few things. This, and keeping the money flowing in politics and keeping everyone else out except Ds and Rs.  Oh, and bombing the peejeebers out of crown people. They agree on that too.

22 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Dixie Chicks got annihilated for this. You can't dog out America on foreign soil  LOL.  Something we can all agree on.

They got annihilated for criticizing Bush.  The equivalent would be...the press getting flack for criticizing Trump on foreign soil.

(Note: my personal opinion of all of it is that it's a childish "issue.")

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Again, we're talking about stifling political dissent by creating an official ministry of information who directs and determines what is true and not true, and punishes news outlets and reporters accordingly.

That is actual fascism.

What?  Come on Phillip. Straw man much?

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What?  Come on Phillip. Straw man much?

He ain't wrong.  JSP's advocating government sanction of appropriate media outlets.  That's fascist.

It's also want the left wants to do, to curb "fake news" that "cost Hillary the election."  The difference between JSP and them is simply the choice of media outlets.  And it's fascist either way.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He ain't wrong.  JSP's advocating government sanction of appropriate media outlets.  That's fascist.

It's also want the left wants to do, to curb "fake news" that "cost Hillary the election."  The difference between JSP and them is simply the choice of media outlets.  And it's fascist either way.

Again, this is not curbing incorrect news outlets. This is curbing enemies of state who knowingly and willingly put out disinformation to support the largest known coup attempt in US history.  

Try them all.  Find out who the ringleaders were. Hang them.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They haven't been stopped from writing a blessed thing.  I don't like it but let's no overstate it,. They aren't attending press conferences.  They can watch them and write about them.....whatever they want.

The Laramie Boomerang has never had credentials to a WH press conference.  Have they always Ben a victim of fascism?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I loooove Crown Royal Maple.  They no longer make it in the 1.5L so I am stashing fifths for later.

It is tasty but a terrible hangover the next day if you have several glasses. Like getting hit on the side of your head with a shovel. 

Edited by keepthefaith

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Again, this is not curbing incorrect news outlets. This is curbing enemies of state who knowingly and willingly put out disinformation to support the largest known coup attempt in US history.  

Try them all.  Find out who the ringleaders were. Hang them.

Try them for what?  What is the crime?

Who gets to decide what the truth is? Who gets to decide if they were lying, or if the were wrong?

Can you think of any reasons this might be a terrible idea?

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

They haven't been stopped from writing a blessed thing.  I don't like it but let's no overstate it,. They aren't attending press conferences.  They can watch them and write about them.....whatever they want.

The Laramie Boomerang has never had credentials to a WH press conference.  Have they always Ben a victim of fascism?

This. 

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Try them for what?  What is the crime?

Who gets to decide what the truth is? Who gets to decide if they were lying, or if the were wrong?

Can you think of any reasons this might be a terrible idea?

Why didn't you respond to my original post directed at you?

I'd love to answer your questions after you address it.

Edited by BringBackOrton

22 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

What post?

11 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

I'd like to jump in here if I would.

Tasker, what opinions do you have on the government's "free-reign" during times of emergency or war?  Martial law etc.

I ask, because I think it is quite germane to this subject.  If you believe this government has been waging a shadow war with the so-called "Deep State" for the past 18 months (I do), and you believe the goal of this "Deep State" is to destroy the very foundation of this country through espionage, lies, and outright treasonous behavior (I do), then are we not in a state of emergency?  Have we seen a collection of named bad actors in the government attempt a coup of this magnitude in the history of the USA? Have we ever had a group within our own ranks in the media conglomerates and institutions of our own government be so intertwined to work towards the goal of ending our democracy as we know it?

I see your points in your discussion with Joe.  But if CNN is in bed with the Deep State (they are), aren't they the enemy?  And then this isn't a war on the free press, but a proven enemy of the state?

I know, I know, Clinton may have been able to claim the same about Fox News or anyone who criticized her.  But claiming it and it being true are two different stories.