Report: Bears Looking to Deal Cutler

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been a Cutler fan... but as for people saying he isn't good enough to start..? You honestly think he is not one of the best 32? I disagree with that. I don't want him here but Jay Cutler is still an NFL starting Quarterback.

He murders teams with stupid turnovers and lack of leadership. His douche rating is HOF level. This guy pushes teams in the back. He sulks like a baby and generally looks like football is the last thing he wants to be doing.

He also has an art of throwing INTs at terrible times, see his billet to Kyle Williams that clinched our W there. I'm not the biggest TT fan in the world but I would much rather have TT because his teammates wouldn't hate everyday playing with him.

Cutler is one of the biggest wastes of physical talent in NFL history. He has been to the playoffs ONCE. He has starting qb skills and the ability to make your team go 5-11. If the Bears get a 6th round pick, I'd be shocked.

don't forget his other asset

Kristin-Cavallari-HD-Images.jpg

You can't lust after married women bro. And we had Matt Leinart , who took her down and didn't have to put a rock on it.

He murders teams with stupid turnovers and lack of leadership. His douche rating is HOF level. This guy pushes teams in the back. He sulks like a baby and generally looks like football is the last thing he wants to be doing.

He also has an art of throwing INTs at terrible times, see his billet to Kyle Williams that clinched our W there. I'm not the biggest TT fan in the world but I would much rather have TT because his teammates wouldn't hate everyday playing with him.

Cutler is one of the biggest wastes of physical talent in NFL history. He has been to the playoffs ONCE. He has starting qb skills and the ability to make your team go 5-11. If the Bears get a 6th round pick, I'd be shocked.

None of which I disagree with. That wasn't my question. Do you honestly believe he is not one of the best 32 Quarterbacks in the NFL?

He is a lower end starter but he remains a starter.

None of which I disagree with. That wasn't my question. Do you honestly believe he is not one of the best 32 Quarterbacks in the NFL?

Starter in terms of physical talent. backup at best in the total picture, someone you want a young qb far away from.

Just b.c he might start does not make him a "legitimate starter"

Hmm. I think someone who has started every year of his career starting again next year is what I would call a legitimate starter. Is he a long term option for anyone at this point? No. Has he been overrated at times in his career? Most certainly.

Does any of that mean he won't, as one of the best 32 Quarterbacks in the NFL start in 2017? No. Cutler is still a starter... even if a team now sees him as no more than a bridge.

No, he isn't. He had his chance to prove it and now he is on the wrong side. Any rookie is better just for the fact that they are unknown.

So put him behind every QB that has yet to start a game.

Edited by Beef Jerky

No, he isn't. He had his chance to prove it and now he is on the wrong side. Any rookie is better just for the fact that they are unknown.

So put him behind every QB that has yet to start a game.

I agree he is on the downslope.... but saying anyone who has never played is better is silly.

I agree he is on the downslope.... but saying anyone who has never played is better is silly.

It is true b.c they actually have a chance at being good... Cutler has no chance of ever being good b.c he already went through the years of ebing as good as he could be.

It is true b.c they actually have a chance at being good... Cutler has no chance of ever being good b.c he already went through the years of ebing as good as he could be.

Cutler's not being good is still NFL standard though. The chances of rookies making that are as you know not high. I am not suggesting someone will sign Cutler this offseason and say "that's our guy" but I am suggesting he is good enough to be a legitimate bridge for a team who are rebuilding right from the bottom if they don't fancy any of this draft class. He would be a huge upgrade with the Jets, the Browns, the 9ers.... the Bears don't want him because of the water under the bridge there but their chances of finding an instant upgrade are not real high.