Report: Bears Looking to Deal Cutler

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember if cutler and B Marshall are friends or hate each other this week but I think he will go to the Jets. It would be super Jetsy for this to happen. He can also reunite with Forte.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chicago-bears-new-york-jets-brandon-marshall-jay-cutler-cool-020416

Last year he said he hasn't talked to Jay for two years, one of those years he was still with the Bears. He's kind of been all over the board on Cutler, will say something bad about him but then something good. With how outspoke Marshall was about the toxic Jets locker room, I'm just not sure they bring Cutler in. Just trade Cutler for Osweiler and be done with it.

All kidding aside, if the Bears were to release Cutler, does that make him the best available QB in free agency?

No. He doesn't warrant a spot in the NFL. He isn't good enough to start and too cancerous to back up and his ego won't let him back up IMO.

if he is cut...............sure .........take a look at him

Trade ??..................don't make me laugh.

Think you are signing him for considerably less and essentially no guarantees or dead money?

um....who is going to trade for him? perhaps our 6th rounder. but his cap number is huge, so no thanks. he will be cut.

It's not anymore- it'd be 15m this year, 16m next and no dead money to get out.

If you preface this as a late rounder for jay, getting a day 2 pick for TT and drafting the qb of the future at 10 --- there's some logic to gaining flexibility out of the vet qb role (both improved picks and cap)