With TD's history in Pitt of not over-paying...

...one would wonder if this draft will be to replenish the guys he can't or will not re-sign. With most of our defense eligible including Adams, Clements, Milloy, Posey, Fletcher and Kelsay, could this draft be defensive?

He already drafted Tim Anderson last year to fill in for big Pat leaving. Are our young back-up LB's the real deal? Time will tell. I bet the following will be allowed to leave: Adams, Milloy, Posey and possibly Fletcher.

With that philosophy in place, Ernest Shazor looks logical in the 2nd if he is there as well as Patterson from USC at DT or the LB from Tenn in Burnett.

My guess is he will try and do everything he can to re-up Nate and Kelsay will get done. If Fletcher takes a modest deal he will stay. Adams already gave us a good deal and I don't see it twice.

What I thought would be an offensive-minded draft might be just the opposite.

Late

...one would wonder if this draft will be to replenish the guys he can't or will not re-sign. With most of our defense eligible including Adams, Clements, Milloy, Posey, Fletcher and Kelsay, could this draft be defensive?

He already drafted Tim Anderson last year to fill in for big Pat leaving. Are our young back-up LB's the real deal? Time will tell. I bet the following will be allowed to leave: Adams, Milloy, Posey and possibly Fletcher.

With that philosophy in place, Ernest Shazor looks logical in the 2nd if he is there as well as Patterson from USC at DT or the LB from Tenn in Burnett.

My guess is he will try and do everything he can to re-up Nate and Kelsay will get done. If Fletcher takes a modest deal he will stay. Adams already gave us a good deal and I don't see it twice.

What I thought would be an offensive-minded draft might be just the opposite.

Late

256329[/snapback]

clements signed through '05..........

adams, milloy, posey, fletch, and kelsey signed through '06........

no reason to panic.......