PPP Trump Job Approval: One Month In

Dorkington

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve or disapprove Trump's job performance?

• Approve
    • Disapprove

If Paul Ryan submits what's been reported as "the skinny budget", which is code for austerity, does Trump buckle?

Trump ran on an economic populist platform. He needs to remember he lost by 2.8 million votes, and his entire victory was based on a 78,500 margin in the states of WI, MI & PA.

Those people didn't sign up for economic austerity. They want to get to work building infrastructure and to rebuild the manufacturing sector of the American economy.

Trump must balance the deficit hawks and his constituents who voted for him to actually deliver on his campaign promises. It will take more than executive orders to make these people happy.

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen from you, Nut, and that ain't no small achievement.

How did you find out that the 78,500 voters that won him WI, MI and PA didn't sign up for economic austerity? How do you know they want to get to work on building infrastructure and rebuilding the mfg. sector?

Oh, wait!!! Did you do one of your amazing polls? Is that how you found out? Tell us, oh, swami! How did you glean all that incredible information?

We'll wait.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly hasn't been great from a PR standpoint and the blunder of the EO's hasn't gone well, but I'm still giving the benefit of the doubt.

His PR isn't going to be good ever. He's at war with the media and the media will wage that war, He doesn't articulate his positions on issues very well and he's confrontational. His actual policy positions and what he's doing and trying to do, I mostly like.

I've talked to many Trump voters in OH, PA and they overwhelming despise neoliberalism, free trade, and austerity. Trump got many voters support by saying he wouldn't cut social security, or Medicare. He's delivered on his wall, and his Muslim ban. What makes anyone think Trump will turn his back on one of the pillars of campaign promise? Trump will not impose austerity by cutting either program it would be political malfeasance.

He gets my approval, mostly because of the Gorsuch nod, partly because he truly is keeping some key promises he made, but especially because he has the far left snowflakes schitting purple Twinkies every time he opens his mouth.

You flailing leftists make every morning Christmas morning. :lol:

Yes, it's quite a spectator sport. Like an NCAA tournament that'll go on for at least 4 years.

His PR isn't going to be good ever. He's at war with the media and the media will wage that war, He doesn't articulate his positions on issues very well and he's confrontational. His actual policy positions and what he's doing and trying to do, I mostly like.

I know. Still not a positive to me.

I've talked to many Trump voters in OH, PA and they overwhelming despise neoliberalism, free trade, and austerity. Trump got many voters support by saying he wouldn't cut social security, or Medicare. He's delivered on his wall, and his Muslim ban. What makes anyone think Trump will turn his back on one of the pillars of campaign promise? Trump will not impose austerity by cutting either program it would be political malfeasance.

Delivered in rhetoric only...which is good enough for his supporters....

Well he campaigned on it and did what he could to implement a solution. While I disagree I can respect someone who follows through on campaign promises. Also killing TPP was a good move. He still has NAFTA, CAFTA, & the work on trade with China. There's a lot of things he touched on, that need to be addressed beyond rhetoric but we are only a month in. As far as draining the swamp he's even weeded out Flynn who did lied to Pence so there appears to be accountability and discipline. I'm not impressed with the cabinet picks, they are very swampy to me, but that's on the American people to judge. Maybe DeVos, Tillerson & Munchin do a good job. Who knows?

Don't fool yourself. Watching people like you puke yourselves over every little thing Trump does is MORE than good enough for his supporters...and even for many of us non-Trump supporters.

You guys need to stream and charge for this schittshow because it is "must see TV." :lol:

There are 540+ appointments that get approved by congress...DT has yet to name over 500 of them....

And if he had his Cabinet Secretaries in place then those Agency/Department head could select the other underlings they want in their organization and The President will then appoint them. It goes like this: First Step 1, Then Step 2, THEN Step 3. It's a process. I know progs aren't too keen of process, they just want instant rainbow sprinkles on their Pepsi float and a side order of Unicorn rainbow farts STAT!

...and his Muslim ban.

There neither is nor was there ever a "Muslim ban".

It's fair to be critical, but at least get your criticisms right.

There neither is nor was there ever a "Muslim ban".

It's fair to be critical, but at least get your criticisms right.

9th Circuit said it was.

9th Circuit is full of ****, of course, for a decision that, in assuming that anyone coming from those countries must be Muslim, is inherently racist. But it's what they decided.

9th Circuit said it was.

9th Circuit is full of ****, of course, for a decision that, in assuming that anyone coming from those countries must be Muslim, is inherently racist. But it's what they decided.

Wouldn't it also have to assume that no one coming from any other country was a Muslim in order support the notion that it was a Muslim ban?

They should add North Korea to the list of countries that are "suspect". Not too many muslims in RNK. That should stick a finger in the 9th Circuit's collective eye.

It's rumored that's what they're planning for the next iteration of the order.