Romo and TT

RyanC883

This may seem insane, but:

Romo is rumored to be cut. We can sign him w/o giving up draft picks.

We would need a good backup for Romo. I believe we "control" TT and could simply pick-up his option.

Yes, this would be expensive and would mean no Gillmore, Zach Brown, or Alexander. But, those guys might not be back anyway.

We could have one of the deepest spots at the most important position.

Grab Mike Williams at #10, and OT in second round.

Is this possible? What do you all think??

This may seem insane, but:

Romo is rumored to be cut. We can sign him w/o giving up draft picks.

We would need a good backup for Romo. I believe we "control" TT and could simply pick-up his option.

Yes, this would be expensive and would mean no Gillmore, Zach Brown, or Alexander. But, those guys might not be back anyway.

We could have one of the deepest spots at the most important position.

Grab Mike Williams at #10, and OT in second round.

Is this possible? What do you all think??

Only 1 QB is on the field at the time. No reason to spend $40M on 2 QB's. No.

This is a thread that exists. It was sorely needed because the other 400 Romo or Tyrod threads were not enough.

but...have you seen a threat arguing that we should get both? Didn't think so :thumbsup:

Only 1 QB is on the field at the time. No reason to spend $40M on 2 QB's. No.

I understand that. But we are we loosing by signing them both? Perhaps Gillmore, who may be gone anyway if he insists that he is a top 5 corner money-wise.

QB depth would be nice, for a change.

but...have you seen a threat arguing that we should get both? Didn't think so :thumbsup:

I understand that. But we are we loosing by signing them both? Perhaps Gillmore, who may be gone anyway if he insists that he is a top 5 corner money-wise.

QB depth would be nice, for a change.

WTF is QB depth. What teams have or need QB depth?

Why would you pay TT $19M to sit on the bench so you can let a starting star CB walk? Did you turn your brain on this morning?

Edited by FireChan

No chance. If you get romo you go into win now mode and use that money elsewhere. If romo goes down you go into tank mode

what if Romo goes down late into the season? You already have 9 wins. You go into tank mode then?

WTF is QB depth. What teams have or need QB depth?

Why would you pay TT $19M to sit on the bench so you can let a starting star CB walk? Did you turn your brain on this morning?

my argument is that the "star" CB will walk anyway. Unless we overpay him. You know what team does not overpay: Patriots. Oh, they also have QB depth. They get it by drafting, but due to injuries to Romo we may have to get it by keeping TT. If we don't keep TT, we can't have "tank" as a plan. So who is the backup. Landry Jones is an interesting option.

what if Romo goes down late into the season? You already have 9 wins. You go into tank mode then?

Fair point. Bottom line is I'd rather use that money to get Romo more protection or weapons or defensive pieces to maximize opportunities in his very limited window.

Fair point. Bottom line is I'd rather use that money to get Romo more protection or weapons or defensive pieces to maximize opportunities in his very limited window.

I can see that point. Imagine if we got an upgrade at OT, signed A. Jeffrey, and drafted Mike Williams. WOW.

Who do you like as Romo's backup? Possible we could trade for McCarron with the intention of him being a starter in 2 years?

I can see that point. Imagine if we got an upgrade at OT, signed A. Jeffrey, and drafted Mike Williams. WOW.

Who do you like as Romo's backup? Possible we could trade for McCarron with the intention of him being a starter in 2 years?

I would go with Cardale and a rookie drafted as early as round 2. At 10, if we get Romo, I am drafting Davis/Williams. Best RT I can afford in FA and we are ready to roll. Also would need to figure something out at safety

my argument is that the "star" CB will walk anyway. Unless we overpay him. You know what team does not overpay: Patriots. Oh, they also have QB depth. They get it by drafting, but due to injuries to Romo we may have to get it by keeping TT. If we don't keep TT, we can't have "tank" as a plan. So who is the backup. Landry Jones is an interesting option.

What?

Pay TT $19M to sit on the bench but don't pay a good CB to start. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

Take your pills.

Romo will be 37 in April. He's suffered through major injuries the past two seasons. Probably with at most 2 more good seasons left. If Romo is released he can entertain offers and pick the place he sees the 'best fit'. Put yourself in his spot. You really think that's going to be the Bills? For one the defense needs a complete overhaul. And 2nd you've got powerhouse NE to deal with 2 times a season. So most likely your fighting for 2nd place and a wild card spot right out of the gate.

My guess is he ends up in Denver. I think Elway has most of the pieces still in place and sees an opportunity to land a veteran QB to keep his team at a competitive level for the next few seasons and also a to bridge to P. Lynch a couple years down the road and sells Romo on the idea. A team where the window is still open with a very good defense in place. Short of some quality QB play last season a team that would most likely have been in the playoffs.