Trump and Russia

And the chief reason for that? The actual process of debate in the senate. Hundreds of amendments put forth by the republicans were discussed, the process was respected. An entirely different environment than what exists today.

You're joking, right?

And the chief reason for that? The actual process of debate in the senate. Hundreds of amendments put forth by the republicans were discussed, the process was respected. An entirely different environment than what exists today.

:lol:

revisionist history at its finest.

:lol:

revisionist history at its finest.

Harry Reid and company..............down the Memory Hole..............

and no, I don't need to consult the "Congressional Record" as I have been awake for the past eight years and a Medical professional for Forty years..............I am quite aware of how the "AFFORDABLE CARE ACT was passed.

remember..................it was a "big F'n deal"

Back to the actual thread.............

The ugly question: What if the Russia Russia Russia story was nothing?

OH: Obama Had His Own ‘Back Channel’ To Moscow.

mrz061017-color_1_orig.jpg

If you care to check the congressional record feel free. A little homework before spouting off in ignorance always helps.

There was no debate. The ACA was going to pass regardless of "debate." The Dems had a supermajority, and even THEN had to bribe three of their own senators to stay on board.

Debate. You're a buffoon.

There was no debate. The ACA was going to pass regardless of "debate." The Dems had a supermajority, and even THEN had to bribe three of their own senators to stay on board.

There were dozens of hours of debate and a few republican amendments actually got in. Your insistence on conflating inevitability due to a super-majority with what actually transpired missed the point entirely.

Contrast that with the closeted procedure we are seeing today and the total lack of debate on the floor. That's the point.

I may be a buffoon, but I'm an informed buffoon. What kind of buffoon do you choose to be?

You are so ignorant

There were dozens of hours of debate and a few republican amendments actually got in. Your insistence on conflating inevitability due to a super-majority with what actually transpired missed the point entirely.

Contrast that with the closeted procedure we are seeing today and the total lack of debate on the floor. That's the point.

I may be a buffoon, but I'm an informed buffoon. What kind of buffoon do you choose to be?

Again, you're not informed. Debate when there is no doubt of outcome is not debate. It's a show trial.

Again, you're not informed. Debate when there is no doubt of outcome is not debate. It's a show trial.

Again, you miss the point. Please tell us how ANY republican amendments got into the bill without debate? Your insistence on conflating issues doesn't change the fact that there were dozens of hours of debate on the senate floor.

As I said, the point is that today's senate WON'T permit ANY debate. This is not what it's designed for in the least.

Again, you miss the point. Please tell us how ANY republican amendments got into the bill without debate? Your insistence on conflating issues doesn't change the fact that there were dozens of hours of debate on the senate floor.

As I said, the point is that today's senate WON'T permit ANY debate. This is not what it's designed for in the least.

All kinds of stuff gets added to bills and stuff at the last minute without formal procedure, line-item vetos sometimes come into play as well.

All kinds of stuff gets added to bills and stuff at the last minute without formal procedure, line-item vetos sometimes come into play as well.

There were dozens of hours of debate on the gop amendments, several of which were added as I said. There was nothing "last minute" about those amendments and that procedure. It's a matter of public record. If people are not intellectually curious enough to access that record, so be it.

There were dozens of hours of debate on the gop amendments, several of which were added as I said. There was nothing "last minute" about those amendments and that procedure. It's a matter of public record. If people are not intellectually curious enough to access that record, so be it.

Not doubting your view, but every time the Dems do something it's holy and righteous and the GOP it's evil and child-molesting bad.

How so? How did the Russians colluding with Republicans supress voters?

Just speculation on my part. But who else would know better how and what to use to drive a wedge into Dem voters than Republicans? And who got the emails? The Russians

I understand you don't agree with the speculation but it makes sense.