Trump and Russia

It's funny how Bill talking to Lynch about ? was a major issue but Trump asking the FBI director to back off investigating him and then firing him when he didn't back off is not. Eh Doc?

Comey says Lynch tarmac meeting, directive to downplay probe prompted him to go rogue on Clinton case

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/08/comey-says-lynch-tarmac-meeting-directive-to-downplay-probe-prompted-him-to-go-rogue-on-clinton-case.html

"There were other things, significant items," he added, citing how "the Attorney General directed me not to call it an investigation and call it a matter—which confused me.

I think the real story is still his connection/or not to Russia. No one will even really remember lies, obstruction of justice or anything if they turn up evidence he is compromised by a foreign power and has been acting on it.

16u1qh.jpg

Exactly. The left is making themselves look stupid by hoping they find a photo of Trump gobbling Putin's knob. What we know is plenty bad without wishing for rainbow farting unicorns.

If you're an honest Republican you would wish a more stable person was in the White House who isn't a pathological liar who continually shoots himself in the foot. If you're an honest Democrat you'll admit that there's no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia and that your party is broken as you somehow elected a candidate who lost to a candidate you have on tape saying "Grab them by the p*s*y."

If you're an honest Republican you would wish a more stable person was in the White House who isn't a pathological liar who continually shoots himself in the foot. If you're an honest Democrat you'll admit that there's no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia and that your party is broken as you somehow elected a candidate who lost to a candidate you have on tape saying "Grab them by the p*s*y."

My nomination for the worst moment in Trump's campaign was when he attacked the Khans. Can't believe the right still pulled the lever for him after he, to quote crayonz, spit on the graves of a hero.

Grab em by the P was just comic relief by the time it happened.

My nomination for the worst moment in Trump's campaign was when he attacked the Khans. Can't believe the right still pulled the lever for him after he, to quote crayonz, spit on the graves of a hero.

Grab em by the P was just comic relief by the time it happened.

Yeah. I should have included every other stupid thing he did and said that would have disqualified almost any other politician and you STILL LOST TO HIM.

Exactly. The left is making themselves look stupid by hoping they find a photo of Trump gobbling Putin's knob. What we know is plenty bad without wishing for rainbow farting unicorns.

Again, common ground. :beer:

Trump continues to be his own worst enemy for numerous reasons already covered. I won't (and haven't) been defending him or disputing that. I'm not a Trump guy and never have been. I am an American who's deeply concerned about the national discourse being hijacked by those who wish to push false narratives in an effort to confuse and distract Americans into supporting regime change follies in the ME and Moscow - all of which will end very badly.

What is still in question with this whole "investigation" is whether or not there was collusion, hacking, or meddling. Comey admitted there were attempts to meddle (which has been known and I don't dispute - but the media is going to make a bigger deal than it is). But he didn't answer, nor has anyone answered, whether there was any success had in those endeavors or if those efforts changed any votes. So far, still, there's been nothing proffered to make the case for that conclusion.

In fact, most of the "evidence" offered in support of that narrative has turned out to be incorrect or flat out spin designed to either score political points (on both sides) or push the Neo-McCarthyist narrative which only serves the interest of the perpetual war machine, not the people of the United States.

To be clear, as I've said since day one: Russia tried to meddle in our elections... which is not unique to 2016. It's something they, along with many other nations, have tried to do and will continue to try to do. It's not unique nor is it worthy of what has become a 4+ month witch hunt -- unless they had success or actually colluded with Americans in that process.

The subsequent things that Trump is tripping over have nothing to do with whether or not Russia meddled, hacked or colluded but instead have to do with his poor handling and reactions to that narrative.

To that end, there is something to be said for this whole Russian narrative being bogus (again, until I see evidence I remain skeptical) and Trump, knowing the story is bogus, acted inappropriately but without malicious intent. That's not a defense of Trump, because he should still know better, but it does parse the line between a "cover up" and a "!@#$ up" of which all this seems to be the later.

And who didn't expect Trump to be a !@#$ up? That's not the same as being a foreign agent.

Yeah. I should have included every other stupid thing he did and said that would have disqualified almost any other politician and you STILL LOST TO HIM.

I didn't lose to him. But Hillary did because she was an arrogant horrible candidate. I doubt many people here voted for her besides Tiberius.

I didn't lose to him. But Hillary did because she was an arrogant horrible candidate. I doubt many people here voted for her besides Tiberius.

I voted for her because I knew any Republican president would go after Medicaid and recent family developments were saved financially because of medicaid and the ACA. However, driving home I felt what Ned Stark must have felt like when he pledged loyalty to King Joffrey.

I voted for her because I knew any Republican president would go after Medicaid and recent family developments were saved financially because of medicaid and the ACA. However, driving home I felt what Ned Stark must have felt like when he pledged loyalty to King Joffrey.

I don't applaud your vote. But I do applaud your analogy.

Bravo.

not sure what you expect from tax records

i'm astounded at what the police tell me they expect to find when they are released, it's a MASSIVE disappointment to them when I fill them in on the actual contents...

a real estate tycoon has circumstantial evidence RUMOURS ABOUNDING??? Oh boy, that's hard to believe.

Need something useful besides bitterness and filling the tear bucket daily over Hillary's delightful smashing...

not sure what you expect from tax records

i'm astounded at what the police tell me they expect to find when they are released, it's a MASSIVE disappointment to them when I fill them in on the actual contents...

a real estate tycoon has circumstantial evidence RUMOURS ABOUNDING??? Oh boy, that's hard to believe.

Need something useful besides bitterness and filling the tear bucket daily over Hillary's delightful smashing...

At this point, I'm loving it that Hillary lost. This is fun!

Tax records are only part of the story. The Patriot Act also requires that financial transactions be recordered and stored. Those records reds have already been turned over to investigators. I suspect they already know Trump is compromised.

Don't forget her #1 biggestest fanboi of all, PJ. He might have voted twice if he could. ;)

But Trump is not a liar. Comey is the liar.

Very confusing.

This clown put me on ignore then goes on to mention me all the time? Psycho...

And yes, I, along with the majority of voters voted for Hillary

This clown put me on ignore then goes on to mention me all the time? Psycho...

And yes, I, along with the majority of voters voted for Hillary

Sorry about that 9th inning collapse. Isn't it amazing how you can out hit, out pitch the other team and STILL lose the game. It's a wacky game.

Sorry about that 9th inning collapse. Isn't it amazing how you can out hit, out pitch the other team and STILL lose the game. It's a wacky game.

Its alright. The afterbirth of this election (Trump's presidency) has been fun to watch.