Trump and Russia

Looks like the democrats will have to switch (again) and start hating Comey.............. :lol:

As we told you earlier, former FBI Director James Comey’s opening statement for his testimony tomorrow has been released and it’s looking pretty good for President Trump.

First up, Comey confirms that he told Trump 3 times — as the president said — that he’s not personally under investigation:

LOL. How many media folks privately assumed Trump was lying about that?

But this could be even more important. According to Comey, Trump asked the FBI to investigate the salacious allegations in the dossier in order to clear him.

Per Ben Shapiro

@benshapiro

1) Comey told Trump privately he wasn't under investigation. Repeatedly. Comey wouldn't say it publicly.

2) Trump asked for Comey's "loyalty." Comey shrugged it off.

3) Trump wanted Comey to investigate Trump's associates over Russia collusion stuff, wanted Flynn phone call investigation closed.

4) Trump never impeded the Russia campaign collision investigation.

5) Comey only took contemporaneous notes on Trump.

6) Trump wanted Comey to investigate outlandish dossier claims to prove them false.

As pretty much stated on PPP, It shows a frustrated egotist puzzled as to why he's being linked with Russia, lashing out foolishly. That's pretty much it.

If all of this makes you think Trump colluded with Russia on 2016 campaign, you're nuts.

Edited by B-Man

FWIW, I'm not really convinced Trump directly colluded, but I do think many in his circle have some questionable connections, which are fairly being looked at. I also think it's problematic for Trump to request the FBI to drop an investigation.

FWIW, I'm not really convinced Trump directly colluded, but I do think many in his circle have some questionable connections, which are fairly being looked at. I also think it's problematic for Trump to request the FBI to drop an investigation.

some people can't get over losing an election

some people can't get over losing an election

I'm still in disbelief, but my 'side' put forth a less than perfect candidate. Irrational hatred aside, Clinton, while incredibly capable and qualified, just had way too many skeletons (both real and manufactured).

I'm still in disbelief, but my 'side' put forth a less than perfect candidate. Irrational hatred aside, Clinton, while incredibly capable and qualified, just had way too many skeletons (both real and manufactured).

it was a bit of a shocker, but my US friends were telling me the media and polls were deliberately suppressing the Trump support

we've had a few elections in Canada at all levels of Trump-like "surprise" to the media and the people who like to lord it over the little people...

interesting article in the recent NY Review of Books on Bill's legacy on race, crime and economics and how popular moves at the time have come back to bite the Dems heavily

Edited by row_33

I have a question for those on the left here. If there is no Russian/Trump connection smoking gun then what?

Trumpland is such a target environment it probably wouldn't mean much. But your "if" is getting less likely everyday.

Flynn lied about the Russians and was fired

Sessions lied or forgot about the Russians while being asked by Congress

Kushner simply lied on his security clearance form about the Russians which is a crime

Trump defended the murdering thug Putin

Trump showed the filthy Russians secret intel

Trump went against all his LOYAL advisors and refused to confirm his commitment to NATO. And by loyal I mean loyal to our country.

Trump fired Comey after he asked him to stop the Russia investigation

Trump's boy admitted they were getting huge loans from the Russians

Edited by Tiberius

Trumpland is such a target environment it probably wouldn't mean much. But your "if" is getting less likely everyday.

Kushner simply lied on his security clearance form about the Russians which is a crime

Trump defended murdering Putin

Trump went against all his LOYAL advisors and refused to confirm his commitment to NATO. And by loyal I mean loyal to our country.

I bet that would be a belly splitting laugh for you. Latest dems cry: "Trump killed Putin".

I have a question for those on the left here. If there is no Russian/Trump connection smoking gun then what?

They'll just 'leak' another 'story' to the media, who can attribute quotes to 'unnamed sources' about how Trump hazed a college kid by holding him down and cutting his hair.

Then they'll post things here like "Drip, drip, drip..." as it to insinuate that the made up story 'could' be true because you can't prove that it's not.

I bet that would be a belly splitting laugh for you. Latest dems cry: "Trump killed Putin".

I fixed it for you :)

You know, Chefs "if" seems remote. But, what if Trump is compromised? What is the ultimate punishment for someone selling our country out like that?

It was a failed hacking attempt. Shows they were trying to hack into election stuff.

This is false. Phishing schemes are not hacking. What the document details is a phishing scheme. It's been known, before this election cycle, that many foreign nations constantly deploy phishing schemes to get access. Which is why this document does not show much of anything on its own and why the fallout from the leak is more interesting (to me at least).

I wouldn't shake that bush with gatortard's barge pole.

:lol:

This is false. Phishing schemes are not hacking. What the document details is a phishing scheme. It's been known, before this election cycle, that many foreign nations constantly deploy phishing schemes to get access. Which is why this document does not show much of anything on its own and why the fallout from the leak is more interesting (to me at least).

:lol:

You are saying all the media reports, including the intercept, are wrong? I mean that's your MO to deny stuff that is contradicted by everyone, so pardon me with taking your opinion on this with a couple grains of salt.

it's Trump's fault that Hillary fell for a scheme and gave her Sec of State credit card number over the phone.

Ha ha! That's good! But why would Traitor, oops, I mean Trump, need Hilly's credit? He's got Putin bank backing him

I have another one that I haven't seen talked about.

Is anyone concerned that baseless allegations that Russia "hacked" the election, Trump and Putin are BFFs, Trump is a puppet, Russia is an enemy etc. spread by Congress people, could hurt our relationship with the super power and make thing worse?

I have another one that I haven't seen talked about.

Is anyone concerned that baseless allegations that Russia "hacked" the election, Trump and Putin are BFFs, Trump is a puppet, Russia is an enemy etc. spread by Congress people, could hurt our relationship with the super power and make thing worse?

What, you want us to have good relations with Russia?

2012 called, they want their foreign policy back.

Trump defended the murdering thug Putin

I love your last one. RE investors getting loans. OH MY!! :o

But "throw the book" at her? And my God, you guys are so programmed to say, "But Obama did it" that you say it when it doesn't even really apply.

It's funny how Barry didn't think the Russian meddling was an issue prior to the election. Which was my point.

Sure give her 10 years maximum... On the Fed Farm in Kansas... She will come out @ 35 & write a book.

No, send her to Siberia.

Or he would have taken it to Congress.

Really...the guy who thought he was obliged to report to Congress about Clinton emails on Weiner's computer a week before the election, doesn't feel compelled to report obstruction of justice to Congress? That's the silliest thing in this whole narrative: that Comey is schizophrenically Trump's crony, ally, victim, and enemy all at the same time. It's easier to believe that the left is suffering memory impairment from ADHD, sleep deprivation, and alcohol toxicity simultaneously.

IOW, high school girlfriends.