Trump and Russia

I don't know. Because it's against the law?

And you realize the previous administration was the one that was truly hiding it, right?

C'mon, Obama walked on water, everything he did turned to gold.

This came out yesterday:

The Intercept's response to the DOJ's allegations:

On June 5 The Intercept published a story about a top-secret NSA document that was provided to us completely anonymously. Shortly after the article was posted, the Justice Department announced the arrest of Reality Leigh Winner, a 25-year-old government contractor in Augusta, Georgia, for transmitting defense information under the Espionage Act. Although we have no knowledge of the identity of the person who provided us with the document, the U.S. government has told news organizations that Winner was that individual.

While the FBIs allegations against Winner have been made public through the release of an affidavit and search warrant, which were unsealed at the governments request, it is important to keep in mind that these documents contain unproven assertions and speculation designed to serve the governments agenda and as such warrant skepticism. Winner faces allegations that have not been proven. The same is true of the FBIs claims about how it came to arrest Winner.

We take this matter with the utmost seriousness. However, because of the continued investigation, we will make no further comment on it at this time.

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/06/statement-on-justice-department-allegations/

Throw the book @ her!... Hey, Deplorable Don next to me, pass that pitchfork. Give me a torch.

Really, throw the book @ her, its macho fun!

Actually, the printer won't lie. I wonder what crazy defense she will use. A co-worker borrowed her CACard?

"I'm just a patsy".

We watch a Lot of DoD "Cyber awareness" training stuff... That's never in the training. But, I can see them adding it in for next year's training.

Anyway... If she was really a "patsy" who better to pull it off than the NSA. I am sure they have ways to do it.

Did Ms. Winner piss somebody off and run her coffee & donut dues in arrears?

Do we feel the same way about her as we do Snowden?

And what of the contents of the report she stole?

Not quite as admirable as Ellsberg.

Edited by row_33

Do we feel the same way about her as we do Snowden?

And what of the contents of the report she stole?

The contents she leaked were nothing new. The press calls them proof of hacking, they're not. They're proof of phishing. Which has been known forever.

In terms of her versus Snowden it's WAY too early to know anything. Everything about this stinks, from her name (come on), to how she got burned (by the Intercept of all places), to how her facebook account remained open after her arrest (allowing everyone to come through her/paint her as a partisan)...

Lots of stuff on this one doesn't add up at first blush. We'll see how it shakes out.

The contents she leaked were nothing new. The press calls them proof of hacking, they're not. They're proof of phishing. Which has been known forever.

In terms of her versus Snowden it's WAY too early to know anything. Everything about this stinks, from her name (come on), to how she got burned (by the Intercept of all places), to how her facebook account remained open after her arrest (allowing everyone to come through her/paint her as a partisan)...

Lots of stuff on this one doesn't add up at first blush. We'll see how it shakes out.

It was a failed hacking attempt. Shows they were trying to hack into election stuff.

It was a failed hacking attempt. Shows they were trying to hack into election stuff.

Sure. The election of 2000 has called and wants their hanging chads back.

I wouldn't shake that bush with gatortard's barge pole.

All Comey's statement really says is Trump tried in vague terms for him to drop the Michael Flynn investigation and Comey said Trump himself wasn't under investigation. Also, Trump asked for loyalty from Comey most likely not knowing that was crossing a boundary. This whole thing is much to do about nothing. I beg you Democrats. Let it go and start figuring out what's wrong with your party and how you can fix it.

All Comey's statement really says is Trump tried in vague terms for him to drop the Michael Flynn investigation and Comey said Trump himself wasn't under investigation. Also, Trump asked for loyalty from Comey most likely not knowing that was crossing a boundary. This whole thing is much to do about nothing. I beg you Democrats. Let it go and start figuring out what's wrong with your party and how you can fix it.

Ha ha, this is about Democrats needing to "fix" their party? Ok!

Yes, he asked him to stop the investigation after he sent everyone else out of the room and then fired Comey later.

“[Rosenstein] made a recommendation, but regardless of recommendation I was going to fire Comey, knowing there was no good time to do it,” Trump said. “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

Obstruction of justice

Ha ha, this is about Democrats needing to "fix" their party? Ok!

Yes, he asked him to stop the investigation after he sent everyone else out of the room and then fired Comey later.

Obstruction of justice

Yeah. They do need to fix it. They're in the minority at all levels of government. Republicans haven't had this much power since 1929.

They know what's wrong with their party. The Russians.

I can't help wondering if this could have all been avoided had they tried pursuing an actual foreign policy instead of demonstrating how truly pathetic and spineless they were by giving Putin a "reset" button.

Comey would have resigned on the spot if Trump (or one of his winged monkeys) had put real pressure on him to drop it.

That he didn't, speaks volumes............

and according to these "right wing" sources he didn't tell anyone about it at the Department of Justice either, just some 'friends' of his.

:lol:

NYT, CBS: Comey never told Sessions about Trump convo — or anyone else at DoJ

Comey would have resigned on the spot if Trump (or one of his winged monkeys) had put real pressure on him to drop it.

Or he would have taken it to Congress.

Really...the guy who thought he was obliged to report to Congress about Clinton emails on Weiner's computer a week before the election, doesn't feel compelled to report obstruction of justice to Congress? That's the silliest thing in this whole narrative: that Comey is schizophrenically Trump's crony, ally, victim, and enemy all at the same time. It's easier to believe that the left is suffering memory impairment from ADHD, sleep deprivation, and alcohol toxicity simultaneously.

Every time Comey comes up he just seems like some kind of goofy nut.

How did he get to the top of that greasy pole with this kind of behaviour?

After Nixon pressured the CIA (or was it the FBI) over Watergate, this is the first lesson absorbed by legal counsel for any politician.