Trump and Russia

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Flynn's conversations were material because they were about sanctions that were placed on Russia for interfering in election. He lied about that. If, as the theory goes, Russia interfered in the election to get help lifting the sanctions (among other things), that is a material connection to that, and his help in getting higher ups, or as his guilty plea states, "Very senior official" in the transition team. Trump had failed to put the further sanctions on Russia. Just more circumstantial evidence of guilt 

Manafort was connected to Ukraine as you say, but what you left out was the fact the guy he was working for was a Russian puppet who ran away to Russia when the people kicked him out. Manafort has a big connection to Putin as well, seeing how he made millions working for him. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Flynn's conversations were material because they were about sanctions that were placed on Russia for interfering in election. 

The FBI/DOJ cleared him of any illegalities in regards to the call. You can't rewrite that bit of history. It happened. It's real. There was nothing illegal about what they discussed on the call, or the fact he made the call.

The call is proof of nothing BUT that Strzok and others in the FBI were trying to entrap Flynn. 

They lost. 

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The FBI/DOJ cleared him of any illegalities in regards to the call. You can't rewrite that bit of history. It happened. It's real. There was nothing illegal about what they discussed on the call, or the fact he made the call.

The call is proof of nothing BUT that Strzok and others in the FBI were trying to entrap Flynn. 

They lost. 

Was Strok still working for Mueller when Flynn accepted the plea deal?

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

They lost. 

Yes, it was so legal he lied about! That's why he pleaded guilty. Your Strzok nonsense is only proof that you will repeat anything Trump says. 

What Flynn did was bad, but the potential for it being even worse is very real. "He has a story to tell," remember. 

The Russians actively helped his side win, and Flynn was caught telling the Russians they would walk back the sanctions put in place as a retaliation for attacking our election. That's happening (see Trump's refusal to implement bi-partisan sanction bill) 

This looks like a quid pro quo situation. Both sides benefitted from Russia's attack on our election. Remembeer the Trump Tower meeting revolved around sanctions, even if Trump said it was about adoptions. (Russia canceled adoptions after we passed the Magnitzky Act) 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, it was so legal he lied about! That's why he pleaded guilty. Your Strzok nonsense is only proof that you will repeat anything Trump says. 

What Flynn did was bad, but the potential for it being even worse is very real. "He has a story to tell," remember. 

The Russians actively helped his side win, and Flynn was caught telling the Russians they would walk back the sanctions put in place as a retaliation for attacking our election. That's happening (see Trump's refusal to implement bi-partisan sanction bill) 

This looks like a quid pro quo situation. Both sides benefitted from Russia's attack on our election. Remembeer the Trump Tower meeting revolved around sanctions, even if Trump said it was about adoptions. (Russia canceled adoptions after we passed the Magnitzky Act) 

I think you might want to use a better choice of words.

More proof of Russian collusion.

U.S. forces killed scores of Russian mercenaries in Syria last week in what may be the deadliest clash between citizens of the former foes since the Cold War, according to one U.S. official and three Russians familiar with the matter.

More than 200 contract soldiers, mostly Russians fighting on behalf of Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, died in a failed attack on a base held by U.S. and mainly Kurdish forces in the oil-rich Deir Ezzor region, two of the Russians said. The U.S. official put the death toll at about 100, with 200 to 300 injured.

BTW, what say you Greggy about those nice boys from Russia?

40 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

How exactly did the Russians help Trump win and what impact did the actions of the Russians have? 

Clearly it was the Facebook bots, yahoo comment trolls, and retweets that swayed enough states to give Trump over 300 electoral votes.

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Clearly it was the Facebook bots, yahoo comment trolls, and retweets that swayed enough states to give Trump over 300 electoral votes.

i just don't picture that Trump voters were the most likely users of Facebook

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i just don't picture that Trump voters were the most likely users of Facebook

I'm sure the Facebook thing is just some sort of racist code for voter suppression. Keeping the Democrats down in the states that Trump won.

There is no other explanation as to why the most fantastic, qualified, scandal-free, and well-liked candidate in US history lost the election. There was even a book on it or something.

Did you ever ask yourselves why Russia put effort into trying to impact the election?  I would suggest that they did it to affect 'fence sitter' votes and to add to the divisive atmosphere.  

How many minds got changed is unknowable but to say there were none is not a realistic assumption. 

5 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Did you ever ask yourselves why Russia put effort into trying to impact the election?  I would suggest that they did it to affect 'fence sitter' votes and to add to the divisive atmosphere.  

How many minds got changed is unknowable but to say there were none is not a realistic assumption. 

It's equally unrealistic to assume that they had anything approaching a significant impact on the results, too.

19 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

because Obama actively interfered in the Israel election campaign and was found to have bugged Merkel's phone and other acts of basic deceit?

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's equally unrealistic to assume that they had anything approaching a significant impact on the results, too.

I don't think those are equal assumptions at all.  Very easy for me to say there was at least one, far easier than estimating impact.  As I said, I think actual numbers are unknowable. 

How many 'fence sitters' were there?  I would say, not a vast amount as most were in their camp by election day, but in those close states maybe there was an impact.  Again, why did Russia put in the effort?

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

because Obama actively interfered in the Israel election campaign and was found to have bugged Merkel's phone and other acts of basic deceit?

Nyet comrade

I don't know enough Russian so I am going to write the rest in English.  Don't feel compelled to respond to my posts. 

20 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I don't think those are equal assumptions at all.  Very easy for me to say there was at least one, far easier than estimating impact.  As I said, I think actual numbers are unknowable. 

How many 'fence sitters' were there?  I would say, not a vast amount as most were in their camp by election day, but in those close states maybe there was an impact.  Again, why did Russia put in the effort?

Nyet comrade

I don't know enough Russian so I am going to write the rest in English.  Don't feel compelled to respond to my posts. 

you weren't watching the news when these were big issues nationally?

okay...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/10407282/Barack-Obama-approved-tapping-Angela-Merkels-phone-3-years-ago.html

Edited by row_33