Trump and Russia

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Boardwalk Empire was pretty good up until the last episode or two.

they suddenly had to kill off Jimmy due to the actor's lack of interest in cooperating with the situation

that hurt it really bad to lose that story line

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I used to argue that Barack Obama's greatest gift was walking a razor-thin line between imply and infer. All the embarrassingly stupid stuff that would come out of his bratwurst-filled noggin' was quickly attacked by the right, which is what he wanted, because he could then clarify that what he said and what they heard were two different things.

Trump is the master of poisoning the well. And it works because the left is so easily agitated.

Trump: MSNBC is fake news! They make stuff up to make Republicans look bad!

MSNBC: This is an assault on journalists everywhere! We don't make stuff up!

Trump: Fake news!

MSNBC: Last night we made an error in judgement by reporting something about Trump that was a lie!

TrumpSmiley Smile | Tellwut.com

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hedge said:

It would probably have been a bit different (but maybe not much) had Russian air power been  involved...but it wasn't.

It surely would have been different, shirley. They would have lost 200+ men and a few war planes, instead of just 200+ men.

Edited by Koko78

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The final season was pretty meh.

Jimmy getting ad hoc bumped off suddenly at the end of season two killed 75% of the show

Buscemi just isn't that captivating and deep an actor to take a lead role, and piling it on him starting season 3 was well beyond his talent

11 hours ago, Hedge said:

A nice reminder Thread.

It would probably have been a bit different (but maybe not much) had Russian air power been  involved...but it wasn't.

Greatest defeat ever inflicted on Russia?

I can 50 greater defeats, easily, off the top of my head.  Probably close to 100.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

all things considered I'd say Finland was the greatest defeat on Russia, and the implications of 1939 and thereafter...

Suomussalmi was near the top of my list.  But not below Kharkhiv, Kiev, Uman, Bialystok, the first Iasi-Kishinev operation, Rzhev-Vyazma, the Lyuban Offensive...

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Suomussalmi was near the top of my list.  But not below Kharkhiv, Kiev, Uman, Bialystok, the first Iasi-Kishinev operation, Rzhev-Vyazma, the Lyuban Offensive...

fair enough, the tank battle with Japan at Nomonhan is unforgettably included by Murikami in his Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, one particular incident will never be erased from my mind.

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Greatest defeat ever inflicted on Russia?

I can 50 greater defeats, easily, off the top of my head.  Probably close to 100.

In terms of stakes, absolutely. 

But 100% casualty rate without a single casualty on the other side is, unequivocally, an ass-whooping. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

At least two: Fisher vs. Spassky, and the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team.

free beer forever for the man in red telling the Moscow crowd who is #1

image.png.e968815c435a5ab87be17e38edbb74d7.png

Suck it, commies!!

Edited by row_33

Moose Dupont

Bill Barber twice in 10 seconds

Ed Van Impe

and they are going home!!!!!

Great call by Bob Cole and Dick Irvin and Denis Potvin.

Edited by row_33