Trump and Russia

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

link!? link!? link!? 

Is he yapping or is someone actually calling him out on his stupid? 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/28/gop-adam-schiff-resign-1241749

Apparently there was a heated argument about him resigning.  But I want to highlight this gem from the politico story:

The typically soft-spoken Schiff responded angrily, accusing Republicans of ignoring voluminous evidence of the Trump campaign's efforts to accept Russia's help in the election.

:lol:  He's gone from "collusion" to "failed to accept Russian offers of collusion."  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When you know you're ***** : Double Down. 

:lol: 

Schiff, Brennan, Comey will be among the first to fall. And fall hard.

I guess they better get their lame shots in before the report is out. No surprise 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When you know you're ***** : Double Down. 

:lol: 

Schiff, Brennan, Comey will be among the first to fall. And fall hard.

There's a decent argument that Schiff has immunity - that his statements and even leaks were part of the "legislative process."

He'll certainly argue that, if pressed, and I'm not sure he'd be wrong, either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I guess they better get their lame shots in before the report is out. No surprise 

The report is out, releasing the details will not change the fact that Trump is innocent.

Just now, DC Tom said:

There's a decent argument that Schiff has immunity - that his statements and even leaks were part of the "legislative process."

That's where his being on the Gang of 8 becomes important. 

He knew more than others... especially about the illegal origins of it all.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Pelosi defends Schiff

HA HA, I love it when far right wing wackos try giving advice to Democrats. Stuff like this makes me think they just want to hide the report and never let it see light of day. Schiff is in a position to uncover what happen, since we may never see the Mueller report. 

So far, we are seeing a successful cover up by Barr. 

Just now, Gary M said:

The report is out, releasing the details will not change the fact that Trump is innocent.

Is it? I thought Trump's picked AG only released a tiny little summary? 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Isn't that only on the floor? 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

That's where his being on the Gang of 8 becomes important. 

He knew more than others... especially about the illegal origins of it all.

That makes the argument stronger, as being one of the "Gang of 8" more solidly establishes everything he's said and done as being legislative activity.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is it? I thought Trump's picked AG only released a tiny little summary? 

a tiny little summary that said ..........  wait for it......................  No collusion and no obstruction.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

That makes the argument stronger, as being one of the "Gang of 8" more solidly establishes everything he's said and done as being legislative activity.

Unless you have evidence which shows the Gang of 8 were made aware of the lack of evidence and the knew the formation of the original CI investigation to be illegal in nature. 

Then that makes him complicit in the coup, using his status as the head as a Gang of 8 member to lie to the public and undermine the sitting president.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Isn't that only on the floor? 

Canonically, yes, and in committee and investigations.  But in modern times the courts tend to interpret it more broadly.

I'd think in this case it's ambiguous, and a decision would come down to venue shopping.  But if I were on the bench, knowing what I know right now about his case, I'd probably support immunity, though with considerable regret.

Most likely, though, I think they'll strike a deal where he doesn't seek reelection in return for not being investigated or charged.

• Thank you (+1) 2