Trump and Russia

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think you are more dense than obtuse. The Russians tried to interfere in our election. They may have done so in some small way that didn't change the outcome.

Not obtuse in any way.

I just made that very clear.

You disagree with the premise of the post. I just made sure it was clear.

You can go back to your regularly scheduled personal insults now. I'm going to watch football.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

35 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I see I apparently have to spell this out because I'm accused of being obtuse when I thought it was obvious.

You're calling me naive claiming the Russians and foreign entities have been trying to influence our elections forever.

The operative word you use here is "try."

I didn't use that word. Thus my confusion over whether you were actually addressing me since you were responding to something I didn't say.

I wasn't trying to be tricky... seemed pretty obvious the difference in meaning.

Please source where I named you either obtuse or naive.  I asked you if you were new to geo-politics because I'm trying to understand the degree to which you understand the machinations.

The Russians have been trying to influence our elections for as long as they've been a geo-political adversaries.  

Are you making the assertion that this is the first time they've had any degree of success?  Any efforts made by global super powers towards those ends will have some degree of impact.

13 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I'm not fully up to speed on all the details of the Russian collusion conspiracy, so I'll ask those who are.

I don't understand why Russia would prefer Trump, or any Republican, over the Dems who happily grabbed their ankles for the Russians for the previous 8 years.

Is there any evidence at all that the Russian government attempted to influence the election in favor of Trump?

Hillary was viewed as the most Hawkish in the Obama administration as SOS, preferred NATO expansion as her husband did, and publicly questioned whether Putin rigged elections....but that's not why I think Putin preferred any candidate other than Hillary Clinton.  Not for political and economic reasons.  Just because he dreaded having to spend time meeting with Hillary Clinton.  He may have had a cyanide capsule ready if she won.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Please source where I named you either obtuse or naive.  I asked you if you were new to geo-politics because I'm trying to understand the degree to which you understand the machinations.

The Russians have been trying to influence our elections for as long as they've been a geo-political adversaries.  

Are you making the assertion that this is the first time they've had any degree of success?  Any efforts made by global super powers towards those ends will have some degree of impact.

1960's called.  They want their fair share of credit.

• 3 weeks later...

Rep. Devin Nunes: You just don’t get away with two years repeating the same garbage over and over again, essentially chasing Russian ghosts in the closet, infuriating the American people. There’s so many Americans out there whose minds have been poisoned, who believe that the Trump campaign actually did collude with Russians because they have dishonest politicians saying such…

Maria Bartiromo: Well let’s not forget the media driving the bus on that. Because the media has also been the loud speaker for this idea of collusion when there wasn’t any.

37 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm gonna say an intentional typo

Absolutely but when questioned Trump can simply declare it a typo.  Brilliant.

Oh, gee sorry.  Posted from my phone on a lousy small keypad and the "T" is near the "F".  Spell check didn't pick it up.  Apple sucks.  And by the way they still build too many phones in China. 

Edited by keepthefaith

On 11/18/2018 at 12:49 PM, B-Man said:

Rep. Devin Nunes: You just don’t get away with two years repeating the same garbage over and over again, essentially chasing Russian ghosts in the closet, infuriating the American people. There’s so many Americans out there whose minds have been poisoned, who believe that the Trump campaign actually did collude with Russians because they have dishonest politicians saying such…

Maria Bartiromo: Well let’s not forget the media driving the bus on that. Because the media has also been the loud speaker for this idea of collusion when there wasn’t any.

Was Robert Mueller appointed by the media? 

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

He darn sure wasn't approved by the Senate.

Don't Koko.

The quotes that I posted  from Dunes and Bartiromo were obviously about the dems and the media repeating the same false narrative about the Trump campaign that was invented right after election day.

It was NOT about Meuller or his investigation.

Gator either was throwing out one of his frequent ?️'s  or he was just too ignorant to understand the subject of the post................as is often the case.

Frankly at this point, it just doesn't matter.

He is just a child ..................trying to interrupt the adult conversation in each thread.

Forgive me if  this has been mentioned here but I’ve not read the whole thread. But I heard a bit ago that the Russian meddling was not done to elect Trump but to divide the country. They feel (and I agree) that the best way to bring the country down is from within. And based on what has been going on the past couple years it appears to have been a rousing success.  

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Forgive me if  this has been mentioned here but I’ve not read the whole thread. But I heard a bit ago that the Russian meddling was not done to elect Trump but to divide the country. They feel (and I agree) that the best way to bring the country down is from within. And based on what has been going on the past couple years it appears to have been a rousing success.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Doesn't hurt to have a never ending supply of useful idiots.

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

When was his talk done?  Whenever it was it is spot on and the video along with it to show what’s going on today is perfect. Thanks for sharing. 

My pleasure, you're quite welcome.

It's a condensed version of a talk given by former KGB agent and Russian defector, Yuri Bezmenov,  in 1983.

The full speech is terrific, if you have the time, but I thought the condensed version would work much better for the tl;dr culture of message boards.

You can see the full talk here:

Edited by TakeYouToTasker